Table of Contents Show
- Fix Galaxy S10 Notification Sound Not Working
- Keep Note that Notifications Must be Enabled for Particular App
- Disable DND
- Disable Power Saving Mode
- Turn Off Security App
- Disable Battery Optimization on your S10
- How to Disable Adaptive Battery on Samsung
- Way 1: Reboot your Samsung Galaxy S10
- Way 2: Erase Cache Memory
- Way 3: Adjust Your Android Doze Settings
- Way 4: Remove Apps that Don`t Show Notifications Marker and Re-install them
- Way 5: Change the Notifications Priority of Apps
- Way 6: Factory Data Reset
- Way 7: Download OTA Updates
Samsung Galaxy S10, the flagship is quite extraordinary in look with exceptionally great hardware specifications as compared to any other device. However, like other devices, Samsung S10 has its own software issues which lead to Notifications not showing on S10/Notification won’t appear on Samsung S10. Considering the problem, we have gathered a few workarounds, along with the answer to why Galaxy S10 not getting notifications. Moreover, you can also check if S10 Notification pop-ups not appearing.
Your Galaxy S10 does have some advanced features like battery optimization to prevent certain apps from eating extra battery. If you’ve enabled it, then it may possible that the battery saving feature is causing Galaxy S10 notifications not showing on the lock screen.
Fix Galaxy S10 Notification Sound Not Working
Keep Note that Notifications Must be Enabled for Particular App
If you’re not getting WhatsApp notifications on Samsung S10, you’ll probably need to cross-check few settings and enable the notification for that.
- Open Settings.
- Tap Apps.
- Choose the specific app that doesn’t show notifications.
- Tap Notifications.
- Make sure Allowed is selected.
Also, turn off Silent Notifications, go to Settings > Notifications > choose App > turn off Silent notifications.
In many cases, users forget to disable DND which causes multiple app issues including notifications not playing or appearing in the notification bar. What you can do is, touch and hold the DND icon in the notification bar, and choose the option between Until I turn it off, Ask every time, and 1 hour. Now that you’ve reached the DND, disable it.
Disable Power Saving Mode
The power-saving mode comes in handy when the phone runs out of battery when you need the phone most. Not to mention, the power saving features breakthrough some of the major functionalities, and notification might be the one. Make sure the power-saving mode is turned off, from the notification bar.
Turn Off Security App
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Apps.
- Tap on three-dots.
- Select Special access.
- Tap Notification access.
- Turn off possible security apps, like Clean Master and Antivirus.
Disable Battery Optimization on your S10
As I’ve mentioned, the probable reason behind notification issues on Samsung phones could be battery optimization features. Let’s turn down the battery optimization on Samsung S10.
- Go to Settings of the S10.
- Tap Apps > Three-Dot Button (Menu).
- See the ‘All’ with the drop-down menu? Tap on it and select Special access.
- Choose, Optimize battery usage.
- Again, there will be a drop-down menu of ‘All’/’Apps not optimized’ option. Make sure to go for All.
- Find the apps which don’t show notification on your Samsung phone and disable battery optimization for them.
Turning Off Battery Optimization would remove the battery usage restrictions and kicked out the notification banners without any interruptions.
How to Disable Adaptive Battery on Samsung
Another reason behind Galaxy S10 notifications not working after the Android 10 update can be the Adaptive battery feature on your phone. It simply put the unused applications to sleep, that’s why notification not appearing on time. Turn it off, before you miss any important update.
- Launch Settings app on Samsung S10.
- Find and tap on Device Care > Battery.
- Tap on More(three-dot menu).
- Then tap Settings and disable Adaptive battery.
Way 1: Reboot your Samsung Galaxy S10
How do I reboot my Samsung Galaxy S10?
Bundles of errors and issues related to our smartphones could be fixed by just rebooting the phone. When you restart the device, the System Processes shuts down, results in clearing all the temporary files and memory occupied. So, to fix Notifications not appearing on Samsung Galaxy S10, it is recommended to restart your device before doing anything else.
- Hold down the Power button.
- Now, you will see an option to Restart, tap on it.
Way 2: Erase Cache Memory
Many users did not prefer factory data reset due to the reason their precious data get wiped in this process. However, if Samsung S10 not receiving notifications then you should erase the cache memory of the device. It is similar to factory data reset, rather deleting your personal data, it removed all the cache files of Samsung S10.
Note: There is no harm to the data stored on your device if you Erase Cache Memory.
What are the steps to Clear Cache Memory Divisions on Samsung S10?
- Turn off Samsung S10.
- Press Volume Up button, Bixby button, and the Power button when your phone is turned off
- Your device will turn on with the Android logo.
- Release all the buttons when you see the Android System Recovery menu.
- Find the Clear Cache Partition option by using the Volume Down button.
- Press on the Power key to select it.
- Click the Power button to reboot and select the recovery option.
Way 3: Adjust Your Android Doze Settings
How can I do Doze Settings?
After attempting bundles of methods users of Samsung Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, and S10e have recommended that this specific method has figured out the problem in Samsung Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, and S10e smartphones. Android Doze is a method that is used to stop the applications from absorbing more battery. It is used to stop the application from sending a message when they receive a message or email.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to the unmonitored app.
- Tap on Device Maintenance, then tap on Battery Category.
- Verify apps like Text Messages, Line, Skype and another necessary app in fixed at the Sleeping Mode.
- Go to your Phone’s Settings.
- Open the desired App and Select app info.
- Tap on Notification.
- Select the Unblock option.
Way 4: Remove Apps that Don`t Show Notifications Marker and Re-install them
The notifications marker are entire clutters on Samsung Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, and S10e whether it OS problem or Samsung problem. Android, the issue right on edge can be resolved. The number of messages and missed calls is no longer displayed by App logo`s, by uninstalling Apps from the device and again installing from play store may completely resolve this problem.
Way 5: Change the Notifications Priority of Apps
The Samsung Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, and S10e notifications problems are the most common problems which are easily found in it because of software bugs. WhatsApp and Gmail, which are most largely apps used for communication are not receiving updates regularly so the users of Samsung Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, and S10e, so the users get frustrated, by changing the setting of notification in WhatsApp, might solve your problem.
How can I fix Notification Settings on WhatsApp?
- Go to WhatsApp and tap on the three-dotted vertical line on the upper side.
- Tap Settings.
- Select Notifications.
- Verify Use High Priority Notification is ON.
- You change to Popup Notifications a second explication for not forgetting any valuable message. which will assure it is visible even display is in OFF mode.
Way 6: Factory Data Reset
After performing all the mentioned solutions to fix Notification issues on your S10, not getting positive results? However, you have one more task remaining to do, that is a Factory Data Reset. When you factory data reset all the data including photos, videos, media files, data, documents, user accounts and other settings will be cleared to default.
Note: Make sure to backup your device before performing a factory data reset.
What are Steps to perform Factory Reset?
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap General Management.
- Select Reset.
- Hit Factory data reset.
Once completion of the process inaugurated only the most imperative Apps as constantly a chance that a swindles app could be poignant your setting.
Way 7: Download OTA Updates
OTA updates are regularly released by Samsung, in order to fix security patch and bug fixes. Set up it as soon as it is feasible, as planners are already finding a likely way to fix the issue.
The update will solve all the problems of notification and Wifi problems that users are tolerating throughout the months. If you can’t wait for the update then contact Samsung support for further assistance.