Struggling to use the Picture-in-picture mode on Android 10? This tutorial will help to get the PiP Mode back on your Android device, read to the end. The purpose behind PiP mode is to allow folks to multitask, like using WhatsApp while playing the YouTube Video or playing the Facebook in WhatsApp picture-in-picture. Most people prefer playing YouTube videos while working or reading books. Nevertheless, it’s hard to complete the YouTube video without interruption because at some point you’ll have to switch to WhatsApp or Messenger to reply to messages.
To conquer this, YouTube introduced a Picture-in-Picture mode, which allows us to continue playing the YouTube video, and you can switch between apps. The PiP screen floats across the screen, no matter what app you’re onto. But if you don’t know the correct procedure to use the Picture-in-picture mode on YouTube Samsung, or any other Android device, PiP mode won’t work for you. Let’s check how to get the most out of the Android 10 PiP mode.
- 1 Fix YouTube Picture-in-Picture Not Working on Samsung Android 10?
- 1.1 Enable Picture-in-Picture for YouTube
- 1.2 Check YouTube’s In-App Settings
- 1.3 How to Use Picture-in-Picture on Android 10?
- 1.4 Must Check: Make Sure You’ve YouTube Premium
- 1.5 Clear YouTube App Cache and Data
- 1.6 Update YouTube App
- 1.7 How to Disable Picture-in-Picture on Android?
- 1.8 How to Use YouTube Picture-in-Picture without YouTube Premium?
- 1.9 Method 1: Using the Chrome App
- 1.10 Method 2: Using Phone’s Pop-Up View
Fix YouTube Picture-in-Picture Not Working on Samsung Android 10?
Before troubling yourself with the troubleshooting tips, kindly refer to the below steps, and check you’re going the right way to turn on and use the picture-in-picture mode on Samsung, Google, and other Android phones.
Enable Picture-in-Picture for YouTube
By default, the PiP mode for YouTube is turned on, however, cross verify the settings as mentioned below and make sure picture-in-picture for YouTube is on.
- Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Tap Apps.
- Tap on three-dots.
- Choose Special access.
- Tap Picture-in-picture.
- One by one tap on the apps and Allow them to use PiP mode.
Check YouTube’s In-App Settings
The YouTube App also have in-app settings to control the picture-in-picture mode, here’s how to turn on PiP from YouTube’s In-App Settings.
- Go to the YouTube app.
- Tap on the Account icon.
- Select Settings.
- Tap General.
- Toggle On Picture-in-picture.
How to Use Picture-in-Picture on Android 10?
Once the PiP is enabled, learn how to use it on Android 10 phones.
- Open the YouTube App.
- Play any video on YouTube.
- Press the home button to exit the YouTube, the floating window will automatically appear on the screen.
- Now you can use any app while YouTube continuous to play in PiP mode.
Must Check: Make Sure You’ve YouTube Premium
Many folks are unaware of this, but let me remind you, to use the Picture-in-picture mode with YouTube App, you should have YouTube Premium; otherwise, it won’t work.
If you haven’t subscribed to YouTube Premium, then get the YouTube Premium to use the PiP mode.
Note: YouTube PiP without YouTube Premium is only available for Android users of the United States running Android Oreo or later versions. Check Google’s Documentation for this.
Clear YouTube App Cache and Data
After fulfilling all the requirements still if the YouTube PiP mode not working on Samsung, Google Pixel, or on OnePlus phones, try clearing the Cache and Data of the YouTube app. This will remove all the cache and supportive files that are generated by the app itself to keep the app smooth. Once you’re done with clearing cache and data, launch the YouTube app, those temporary files will automatically generate.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap Apps.
- Again scroll down to the end and tap on YouTube.
- Select Storage.
- Tap Clear data and Clear cache.
Update YouTube App
Did you update the YouTube App? Check the updates for the YouTube app from the Google Play or Galaxy Store, depending upon your device. And if there is any update available for the YouTube app, do it.
- Navigate to the Google Play.
- Search the YouTube app.
- Tap the Update button, if available.
How to Disable Picture-in-Picture on Android?
If you don’t want to use the Picture-in-picture on Android, then here are the steps to disable PiP mode on Android 10.
- Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
- Swipe down and tap Apps.
- Tap on the three dots on the top-right corner.
- Tap Special access.
- Open Picture-in-picture option.
- Disable the PiP mode for the apps you don’t want to use.
How to Use YouTube Picture-in-Picture without YouTube Premium?
Whether your device is not compatible with PiP mode or you don’t have YouTube Premium, using the Chrome App, there’s a way to use the YouTube PiP without buying the YouTube premium.
Method 1: Using the Chrome App
- Open the Chrome App on your device.
- Or directly tap on the YouTube.com.
- Tap on the three-dots.
- Hit Desktop site option.
- Search and play the video on YouTube.
- Now YouTube should start playing a video.
- Press the home button to exit the Chrome app.
- For once the YouTube will stop playing, pull down the Notification bar and tap on the Play button.
Method 2: Using Phone’s Pop-Up View
The Pop-Up View might not be available on your device, however, before making any decision check if it is available or not.
- Launch the YouTube App.
- Play YouTube Video.
- Press the home button to close the YouTube app.
- Bring the App Switcher on screen.
- Tap on the YouTube icon as shown in the image.
- Select open in the pop-up view.
- How to Save Battery on Samsung Note 20, Note 20 Ultra
- Connect Xbox Controller to the Samsung Note 20 Series
- How to Change Default Internet Browser on Samsung Phones
- 20+ Best Accessories for Samsung Tab S6