Apparently, in this time of COVID-19 pandemic, the trend of work from home has begun, which is possible only due to one of the best video conferencing apps known as zoom. Nowadays zoom has become imperative for a large, medium, and small-sized company to keep their work updated and cultivate the regular workflow without any disturbance. It’s only possible because the zoom provides all the basic and imperative service for cooperation with your company manager and workers.
But video conferencing through a small screen with low-quality video and audio makes users bored, thankfully we found a solution to it. Even-though zoom allowed TV version, the following article will help you to do so.
Note: No need to download the Zoom app on the TV, simply just follow the given below information.
- 1 How to Connect Zoom to TV
- 1.1 Pre-requite to Use Zoom App on TV (Hardware Peripherals)
- 1.2 Should I Download Zoom App on TV?
- 1.3 How to Get Zoom on your TV
- 1.4 Cast Zoom Meeting to Amazon Fire TV
- 1.5 Use Chromecast to Attend Zoom Meetings on TV
- 1.6 Screen Mirror Your Device on Roku Player
- 1.7 Pro Tips for Perfect Zoom Meetings on TV
How to Connect Zoom to TV
Pre-requite to Use Zoom App on TV (Hardware Peripherals)
- For Type-C Phones and Laptops: USB Type-C to HDMI C Cable
- For MicroUSB Phones: Micro-USB to HDMI Cable
- For PCs & Laptops: Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Cable
- For iOS Devices: Lightning to HDMI
- For Common Use: USB-A to HDMI Adapter
Should I Download Zoom App on TV?
Thankfully, you don’t have to download Zoom App on the TV, if you possess any of the above accessories; then all you have to do is connect the PC or Phone to the TV, using the respective HDMI Cable, and start with your meetings on the large display.
How to Get Zoom on your TV
Which device do you use for Zoom Meetings? Is it your Smartphone? Or Laptop? or PC? Well, I assume depending on the primary device, you’ve already purchased one of the HDMI cables to start Zoom Meeting on Smart TV. If yes, then continue.
Step 1: Set Up the Phone/Laptop
There are two ends on HDMI cable, connect one end to your device and another end to the TV. The other end varies on the device you used with it. iPhone devices will have proprietary lightning cable, while Android devices will have micro-USB or USB-C ports. Apart from this if you are using a PC or laptop with a TV their will USB Type-C, USB-A, or thunderbolt on the other end.
Step 2: Put the Device on Stable Object
While you attend meetings on the Zoom app, the camera should be stable, keeping the phone in hand is not recommended. Adjust the phone or laptop in such a way that your face is clearly visible.
Step 3: Set Up TV
After connecting the TV and Phone/Laptop using HDMI cable, you might have to change the Source of the TV. The process to change source varies, depending upon different devices. Find the Source and switch it to HDMI.
Once the phone/laptop screen is cast to the TV, you can start with the meeting on Zoom App.
Step 4: Start the Zoom App
Lastly, open the Zoom App and start meeting with your colleagues or with anyone.
Now you can enjoy the zoom on a big screen that offers proper visibility of participants with better video and audio output as compared to small screen Android and iPhone devices.
Cast Zoom Meeting to Amazon Fire TV
Step 1: Set Up Zoom Meeting First
- If you already have Zoom Account then Sign In or Sign Up for the Zoom Account, from Zoom’s Official Website.
- Notably, to Host a Zoom Meeting you need to have Zoom Account, and to Join Zoom Meeting, it’s not necessary to either Sign In or Sign Up, simple as that.
- If you are the Host, then choose between, With Video On, With Video Off, and Screen Share Only.
- Next, follow the on-screen instructions and host a Zoom meeting.
- Invite your co-workers to join the meeting.
- This is it with the setting up the Zoom Meeting, now let’s take the Zoom meeting to the bigger better screen using Amazon Fire TV.
Step 2: Set Up Amazon Firestick
Here’s what you need to do before screen mirroring the Zoom meeting to TV.
- Plug the Amazon Fire TV into the TV and turn on both TV and Fire TV.
- Enter the Amazon Credentials to log in to the Firestick.
- Connect the PC and Amazon Firestick to the same Wi-Fi network.
Do this on Smart TV,
- Grab the Firestick remote, and hold the Home button.
- Select Mirroring, use the right-navigation button of the Firestick remote.
- Now screen mirror the computer to the Amazon Firestick.
Step 3: Screen Mirror Windows 10 PC for Mirror Zoom to TV
This is the last step,
- Click on the Notifications icon next to the Date/Time on Windows 10 PC.
- Select Connect.
- The Firestick TV will come up on your Windows PC.
- Click on the Firestick and start screen mirroring.
Use Chromecast to Attend Zoom Meetings on TV
Chromecast is another great option to cast Zoom Meetings on the Smart TVs, nowadays Chromecast is widely available and bought by the users to develop a bridge between the Android devices and smart TVs, if you have one, follow the steps below.
- First things first, make sure your Android phone and Smart TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Find the Cast button from the Notification pane, most Android devices will have a Cast button while if you’re a Samsung user, then look for the SmartView. Visit a detailed guide on how to screen mirror Samsung phone to TV.
- Make sure Chromecast is set up already on the Smart TV.
- On your Android phone, you’ll see Chromecast in the Cast option or SmartView(Only in Samsung). Select the Chromecast and the next moment your phone will appear on the TV.
- Now you can start with Zoom Meetings on a large display.
Screen Mirror Your Device on Roku Player
Likewise, you can screen mirror phone to the Roku Player, you can prefer our separate guide on how to Screen Mirror phone to Roku Player.
Pro Tips for Perfect Zoom Meetings on TV
- Keep the lights on for perfect picture quality.
- Keep your laptop or device at an approachable distance that is connected to a TV. Because TV offers a big screen with better quality and sound rather than that all the configuration can be done through a linked device.
- Don’t forget to place the camera at the same level as TV. Some of the users forgot to place a camera at the same level of TV which leads to face cutouts while attaining the meetings and looks like you are focusing on something else rather than meeting.
- Use wireless headphones or earphones for a hand-free conference.
- For more convenient sound quality, associate speaker with TV.
- How to Change Spotify Display Name | Change Spotify Username
- Best Noise Cancelling Earbuds in 2020
- How to Make Avatar on Facebook
- 8 Keyboard Apps for Android Phones in 2020