Some of the users of the Samsung Galaxy S20 are continuously experiencing a speaker crackling issue while listening to music or watching a movie. Well, don’t worry we have a package of effective solutions to fix your problem because lastly, it’s easy to find the cause behind distortion sound on S20 Ultra or low sound during calls on S20Plus.
So when you experience Samsung S20 speaker cracking, no sound at all or the speaker calls have distorted sound and many more problems arise. Even when calls come into your device, the phone doesn’t ring. If you are presently facing this, then continue to read the article to fix several sound-related issues on Samsung Galaxy
- 1 Fix Samsung S20 Speaker Crackling Issues
- 1.1 Determine the Hardware
- 1.2 Check the System, Media and Notification Volume
- 1.3 Update the System Software
- 1.4 Turn Off Power Saving Mode
- 1.5 Is Speaker Not Working with Specific App?
- 1.6 Boot to Safe Mode
- 1.7 Reset Network Settings
- 1.8 Turn on Dolby Atmos and Reset the Equalizer
- 1.9 Contact Samsung and Get Speaker Unit Replaced
Fix Samsung S20 Speaker Crackling Issues
Determine the Hardware
Before performing the tricks we recommend you to dial *#08*# to verify whether the speaker is working properly or not. It’s one of the handy ways to find the culprit between software and hardware, for this simply dial the number and hit speaker icon. If both the speakers work properly move further to the next step.
Check the System, Media and Notification Volume
An accidental press on volume keys can lead to S20 plus speaker volume too low. So we suggest you verify all the volumes at set at the maximum level.
- Hit Settings Icon.
- Tap Sounds And Vibrations.
- Touch Sound Mode and hit Sound.
- Then select Volume and drag the slider of Notifications, Media, Ringtone, and System to the maximum level. And also keep the note that all applications have a maximum level of volume.
After completion of the procedure verify if the issue is still fixed or not, if not, move further to the next trick.
Update the System Software
Mainly the firmware or software update enhances the performance of the operating system and firmware optimization. Moreover, it increases the compatibility of the device and also fixes minor bugs. So don’t wait for anything and install the update if available.
- Navigate to the Settings App.
- Swipe down and hit Software Update.
Turn Off Power Saving Mode
Sometimes, optimizing the battery and putting the device in Power Saving mode could compromise the hardware too. If your Speaker Crackling on Samsung and didn’t resolved by trying other solutions, make sure to keep the Power Saving mode disabled and try playing music to determine the sound quality.
- Open Settings
- Tap on Device care.
- Select Battery.
- Go to Power mode.
- Choose High Performance.
Is Speaker Not Working with Specific App?
In the rare case, there are chances were S20Plus speaker crackling or not working properly with a particular app, in that case, there are some steps to be performed to fix it.
Step 1: Reset App Preference
- Go to Settings.
- Hit Apps.
- Tap More Options.
- Touch Reset App Preference.
Step 2: Update App
- Head to Google Play Store.
- Tap Three Dash Line on the upper left corner.
- Touch My Apps And Files. Search the app you want to update.
- Hit Update if available.
Step 3: Reinstall App
Deleting and installing the app once again will clear all the corrupted files & cache of the app.
Boot to Safe Mode
There are chances where the third-party app can create issues such as S20Ultra speaker crackling? And if you have recently installed any third-party app then it becomes high chances. If yes, then Safe Mode is the only option because booting the device to safe mode will allow only the default app to be run due to which it becomes easy to find out the real-culprit behind Samsung S20 speaker crackling.
- Press the Power Key for a couple of seconds to highlight the Power off icon.
- Long touch the Power off Icon to prompt Safe Mode symbol.
- Tap Safe Mode.
- To boot the device to normal mode, just restart the device
Now verify for the issue if it doesn’t work move further to the next step.
Reset Network Settings
After performing the above tricks some of the users will already prevent the S20 from speaker crackling, S20Plus media-sound not working, and some of them just don’t fix the issue. So we suggest you to perform to reset network settings.
- Go to Settings.
- Hit General Management.
- Select Reset.
- Touch Reset Network Settings.
Turn on Dolby Atmos and Reset the Equalizer
- From the main screen, swipe down the Notification Panel and tap Dolby Atmos.
- Touch the Dolby Atmos which heads towards its Settings.
- Hit Auto for automatic sound enhancement.
- Now go to Settings.
- Select Sound And Vibration.
- Tap Advance Sound Settings.
- Search and hit Sound Quality And Effects.
- Go to Equalizer> Set It To A Pre-defined Equalizer.
Contact Samsung and Get Speaker Unit Replaced
In the end, the only hope for you is to get the speaker replaced or at least let the Samsung technicians have a look at your phone for the possible damages. Visit the Samsung Support page and follow the on-screen instructions to connect with Samsung Team.
- How to Connect Xbox Controller to Samsung S20
- How to Connect PS4 Controller to Samsung S20
- Best Wireless Car Chargers for Samsung S20, S20Plus, S20Ultra
- Best Samsung Tablets to Buy Now