Table of Contents Show
- How to Set Up and Use Samsung DeX on Windows, Mac, Galaxy Phones
Have you ever feel irritated while squinting through small images? But really want a detailed view of image easy understanding. Don’t worry! Your Samsung devices are craved with a stunning feature called Samsung DeX mode. What Samsung DeX mode and how to use it? is that the question arises! Well, this feature allows you to connect your device to TV or monitor for a clear crystal view on desktop.
In initial days, Samsung launched a specific dock and station to connect this feature to a PC. But as the time passes the Samsung made this feature enhance, so you can simply access this feature on your PC with a simple and easier way through USB-C cable. Here is an article on how to use DeX S9.
How to Set Up and Use Samsung DeX on Windows, Mac, Galaxy Phones
How to Use Samsung DeX on Windows 10 PC, Mac
Method 1: Connect Samsung DeX using DeX Cable or HDMI cable
While using USB-C to HDMI cable is one of the most convenient ways because it allows you to handily link your Samsung Tab S6 to a traditional HDMI cable on your PC, plus, it doesn’t have additional ports to connect wireless accessories such as a mouse, keyboard, so you will need to completely depend on Bluetooth peripherals. Moreover, if you don’t want to ignore Bluetooth peripheral you can use USB-C Hubs for tablets or phones.
Note: The DeX cable is compatible with S8, S9, S10 Series, Note 8, Note 10, Note 9 series smartphone, Tab S4, Tab A, Tab S6, Tab S5e, and Galaxy Fold. No wired devices are not used in it.
- Before starting the process we recommend detaching the protective cases and use official accessories of Samsung Dex cable, USB-C Hub, or HDMI Adapter. But if you are using third-party USB-C hub, first of all, assure that it has HDMI port as well as a USB-C port.
- Now connect USB-C end to the table or phone, same as connect HDMI end into the PC’s HDMI port.
- DeX will connect automatically if not, a notification will pop up on the screen. Hit continue> Start.
Method 2: Connect Samsung Dex using a DeX Station or Pad
Another method to setup is using DeX Station and DeX Pad, Well, firstly it was originally compatible with only Samsung’s DeX Dock and DeX Station. But later on, the DeX Pad was released, when the Galaxy S9 was added in the list. What is DeX Station and a DeX Pad? It’s nothing but a docking station where your phone can easily fit in.
DeX Station: By docking up the device in an upright manner into the DeX stations allows you to convert your device into a true desktop PC. Also, you can connect a keyboard, Ethernet cable, and mouse for more flexibility.
DeX Pad: By docking up the device in a flat manner into the DeX pad allows us to convert the phone into a true desktop PC. Also, you can use the device screen as a touchpad, plus, allows you to connect a keyboard, mouse for extra flexibility.
Note: Because the tablets are big in size, it will not fit in the Station or Pad. Also, we suggest you detach the protective cases as it may create some problems.
- First of all, connect DeX Station or Pad to the official charging adapter that came with your device.
- Connect one end of one of an HDMI cable to the monitor’s HDMI port and another end to DeX’s HDMI port.
How to Use Device as a Touchpad in Samsung DeX Mode
- Samsung Dex notification will pop up on the screen of a phone or tablet-select OK.
- Now scroll the Notification Panel, select “Use your phone as a touchpad”. And finally, you can control your monitor through your device instead of the cursor! Read all the information prompted on the screen of the monitor and then hit OK. Moreover in DeX mode, if you want to scroll in windows, simply touch the Touchpad and then drag the pointer Down and Up.
- Whereas if you want to use a mouse and a keyboard in Samsung DeX mode, just simply connect them through Bluetooth.
How to Switch from Screen Mirroring
If you want to switch the Samsung Dex, swipe down the notification panel from the main screen, select the Samsung DeX Notification>Samsung DeX, doing so will switch the monitor to Samsung DeX mode.
How to Set up and Use Samsung DeX for PC or Laptop
The new DeX PC is one kind of alternative of regular DeX mode, except there are some extra features in it, plus, there no need to purchase any DeX accessories; only you need a USB cable that came along with your device.
Note: Only S20, S10, Note 10 series, and Galaxy Fold devices are compatible with this feature.
- First and foremost you need to install the Dex for PC app.
- On your PC, navigate to the Samsung DeX Website.
- Then accordingly download the version you want.
- Head to the downloaded file. Next, open it and follow the on-screen instruction to complete the set-up.
- After the completion of the installation process, go to Samsung DeX App on your PC.
- Then connect your PC with the compatible device through USB-C cable.
How to Use DeX on a Tablet with No External Display
Well if you have S6 and S4 then there is no need to do all this long process because it comes with an in-built DeX feature in them. For that, you need to follow the given below steps.
- Scroll down form the top open Notification Panel.
- Select Samsung DeX Icon, and if it’s your first time, then you need to follow the on-screen instruction.
How to Use Accessories with DeX
Many of the users don’t feel completeness while using the DeX feature due to the absence of a keyboard and mouse in the ace. For them, we suggest you use DeX pad or DeX stations, or else if you want to connect them wirelessly follow the given below steps.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select Connected Devices.
- Tap Pair New Device.
- Boot your device in Discoverable Mode. Once it is paired, you will allow use it in DeX mode.
Is My Device is DeX Compatible
This feature is only available in a limited range of devices, to verify is your device is compatible with Samsung DeX, search your device in the below-mentioned list.
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S20
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S10e
- Samsung Galaxy S10
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S10 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- Samsung Galaxy S9
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S4