Table of Contents Show
Over the decades, Reddit has made its mark in Reddit Application Version too. Definitely, it makes sense, the application is a pretty easy and fantastic way to browse over the niche-related discussion.
But unlike other apps like Facebook, WhatsApp, And Instagram, some users encountered the Reddit app not working on phones. Reddit app not loading, happen regardless of whether it’s Android or iPhone and it can be quite frustrating. However, there is a simple array of workaround that you can consider to perform on your belonging device. Here are the best ways to fix Reddit Notifications Not Showing. But before that, let’s understand what can be a possible cause of problem.
Ways To Fix Reddit App Not Working On Android And iPhone
Note: This article is focused on the Offical Reddit App. But you can employ the same troubleshooting steps to fix Third-party Reddit Apps like Narwhal and Apollo
Is your installed Reddit App not working on mobile data? Here are 10 different ways to fix Reddit on your Android, iPhone, or iPad.
Why Reddit Is Not Working On My Phone?
More often, the outdated version of applications, or else corrupted cache can be a reason for Can’t access Reddit on your mobile. But there also System OS or else minor bug in the system firmware needed to be noted too. Nevertheless, sometimes minor tweaks in the device can also be culprits.
Assure Your Phone Have Stable Internet
Reddit app not working on your phone due to the unstable internet speed or connection. In case, if your device is linked to the Wi-Fi Network or Mobile Data and it’s not working will cause the Reddit homepage will not load.
Verify Reddit Server Status
It’s feasible that the Reddit not loading on your phone can’t be due to the app or phone itself. Instead, the issue can be directly on the Reddit Server.
As always, if the Reddit server is down, you are not able to use both the website and app. And it doesn’t matter if you keep restarting the app, you will not able to rid of issue. If this is the case, you have to wait until the issue gets itself gets fixed!
Force Restart Reddit App
These simplest troubleshooting step is always effective. Keep in mind, when you close the application it doesn’t close – it keeps running in the background. This means if any minor bug is causing Reddit not working on Android keeps continuously running in the background. To get rid of it, you need to simply force restart the Reddit App.
To do force on any phone, swipe from the main screen to access the App Switcher. Once the Background Application Window appears, search for the Reddit App and send it out of the screen. Wait for a while, and re-open the app to see if Reddit videos not playing are fixed.
Force Stop Reddit App (Android)
It’s a basic troubleshooting step but more effective as we have recommended the same solution when App Keeps Crashing on any phone. Usually, a Reddit App not loading posts or images; can get fixed by force stopping the application. So try doing it on your Android.
- Step 1 → Navigate to the Settings App > Apps.
- Step 2 → Select See All Apps.
- Step 3 → Search and tap Reddit from an array of applications.
- Step 4 → On the next screen, choose Force Stop.
By choice, you can restart your phone after the completion of the procedure and open the Reddit App once again.
Log Out Of Your Account
Infrequently, but an app like Reddit can sometimes disconnect your account. This will usually result in a fixture of the app keeps freezing on the phone. If none of the workarounds works for you, try your luck with this step too.
- Step 1 → Head to Reddit App and select Profile Icon at the right-top corner.
- Step 2 → Select Username. After that, Account Pop-up will highlight, and select Arrow-In-A Box-Icon to the username.
- Step 3 → Click Logout. After you log out, wait for a while and login back. And let’s see if the issue gets fixed or not.
Reboot Your Phone
As always a petty bug in the system software of the phone can prevent the Reddit app from working. To fix the problem, simply restart the phone and try relaunching the Reddit App. At the same point, it will eliminate the feasible service or application impeding the functioning of the application.
Restart iPhone Without Home Button
- Step 1 → Press any one Volume Key and Power Key together to appear slider.
- Step 2 → Drag the slider to turn off the device. Wait for a while and then re-press the Power Key until the Apple Logo appears on the screen.
Restart iPhone With Home Button
- Step 1 → Press the Power Button until the Apple Logo appears. When the device completely turns off, hold for a few seconds and then re-press the Power Button to turn the device back on.
Restart Android Phone
- Step 1 → Press the Power Key to appear power off menu.
- Step 2 → Now select the Green Restart Option, and wait for a while the until the restart procedure finish.
After completion check, if Reddit App not loading posts or images got fixed. If not move forward to the next troubleshooting steps.
Update OS & Reddit App
One of the ways to fix the Reddit App not loading on Android or any other phone is to keep the Application and OS updated. Try updating the application on your belonging devices.
Update App On Android
- Step 1 → Navigate to the Google Play Store.
- Step 2 → Search for the Reddit App in the search bar.
- Step 3 → Lastly, select Green Update Button, if available.
Update Android OS
- Step 1 → Head to the Settings App > Software Update.
- Step 2 → Select Download & Install, that’s it!
Update App On iPhone
- Step 1 → Head to the App Store. Search for Reddit in the search bar.
- Step 2 → Choose Update.
- Step 1 → Move to the Settings App > General.
- Step 2 → Lastly, Software Update > Install.
Clear Reddit App Cache On Android
Once again, this workaround is limited to Android users only. We recommend this troubleshooting step as it will clear up residual files that result in Reddit app not working on your phone. Here is how to do so.
- Step 1 → Navigate to Settings > Apps.
- Step 2 → Search and select Reddit App.
- Step 3 → Choose Storage > Clear Cache.
Optionally, restart the phone after clearing the cache of the Reddit app.
Uninstall And Re-install Reddit App
Occasionally, even after updating the application doesn’t resolve any issue. In such cases, it’s better to uninstall and re-install the application on your phone.
Uninstall And Re-install Reddit App Android
- Step 1 → From the Apps Drawer locate the Reddit App and keep pressing on its App Icon.
- Step 2 → Now select the i Icon from the contextual menu. On the next screen, tap Uninstall.
- Step 3 → Similarly, navigate to the Google Play Store and search for the Reddit App in the search bar.
- Step 4 → Select Green Install Button, that’s it!
Uninstall And Re-install Reddit App iPhone
- Step 1 → Search for the Reddit App on your iPhone. Keep pressing on the Reddit Icon and highlight the contextual menu and choose Remove App.
- Step 2 → Hit on Delete App to remove the app from the iOS device.
- Step 3 → Right after that, navigate back to the Apple App Store. Select Search Icon located at the right-bottom of the screen.
- Step 4 → With the help of a search bar, navigate to the Reddit App and configure it on your iPhone.
Doing so will refresh the application and might work wonders.
GET YOUR REDDIT BACK!
Getting Reddit back is one of the tough tasks, but having the best troubleshooting steps can work for you. I am damn sure any of the mentioned above workaround will solve the Reddit app not working on Android.
Why Does Reddit Say Failed To Load?
Usually, such problems occur when the phone is not able to reach Reddit’s server. So verify the stability of the internet and re-open the application.
Why Can’t Log Into To Reddit?
There is nothing serious, but the Reddit application is going through downtime. At the same point, also ensure you are using the right login credential.
Why Reddit Is Slow?
There are various possibilities behind it, but the most prominent one is the Phone storage and Slow Internet Issue On Phone. Considering the low storage, try removing the unused app and files from the device, in the second case try moving to the place having strong network connection and at last connect to the internet service provider.
Why Reddit Stop Loading?
The corrupted cache of the Reddit app can cause such an issue. However, you can get rid of it by simply clearing the cache of the Reddit app.