Notifications are the most important part of the smartphone in the everyday life. They are almost the solution to reach the most important to connect with people at a fixed time. Without them, the smartphone becomes useless because you might not receive the sound of calls, email, and more on the Samsung S22.
And if you are having trouble with no sound on the Samsung S22 with applications like a message, phone or any any-other application then continue reading the article as we have mentioned the effective steps to fix it.
- 1 What To Do When Notification On Samsung S22, S22 Plus, S22 Ultra Is Not Working? Here’s The Fix
- 1.1 Samsung Galaxy S22 Not Getting Notification(Notification App) Sound?
- 1.2 Check Notification Settings
- 1.3 Disable DND Mode
- 1.4 Disable Power Saving Mode
- 1.5 Disable Data Saver Mode
- 1.6 Turn On Sound Mode
- 1.7 Customize the Volume Settings
- 1.8 Enable App Notifications
- 1.9 Remove App from Sleeping
- 1.10 Reset App Permissions
- 1.11 Update Apps and Phone
- 1.12 Clear App Cache
- 1.13 Reset All Settings
- 1.14 Wipe Cache Partition
- 1.15 Factory Data Reset
- 1.16 Wrapping Up!
- 1.17 How do you reset notifications on Samsung Galaxy S22?
- 1.18 Why am I not getting notifications on my Samsung S22?
- 1.19 Samsung Notifications Not Showing on Lock Screen?
What To Do When Notification On Samsung S22, S22 Plus, S22 Ultra Is Not Working? Here’s The Fix
Samsung Galaxy S22 Not Getting Notification(Notification App) Sound?
Allow Background Activity
If you haven’t yet allowed the Notification Services to use the battery in the background, Samsung s22 not getting notification sound will not fix. Go to Settings > Apps. Choose Menu Icon and select Show System Apps. In the array of applications search and select Notification. Next Battery and toggle to enable Allow Background Activity.
Force Stop Notification App
Yet another simple but effective solution is a force-stopping Notification App. Move to Settings > Apps. Now select Menu Icon. Select Show System App. Now choose Notifications and then Force Stop.
Clear Cache And Data Notifications App
A cache is a vital part of any application. As of now, it helps the application load faster and better. But once it comes in a contact with contact of Bug it can definitely cause Notifications not working on Samsung S22.
- Head to Settings and select Apps.
- Hit on the Menu Icon.
- Tap Show System Apps > Notifications.
- Select Storage > Clear Cache And Data.
Check Notification Settings
Samsung allows us to enable and disable notifications for all the apps in one tap or control notifications app-wise. Primarily, before moving to any other conclusion, make sure to check the Notifications.
- Navigate to the Settings app.
- Tap Notifications.
- Enable Notifications.
Disable DND Mode
There are varieties of comfort features, but everything in this world has some pros and cons such as DND mode. This feature is useful during late-night sleep but if it’s remains enabled in the morning time then definitely you will encounter Samsung S22 notification sound not working. As this feature completely neglects the notification and call rings. So verify, if this feature is disabled on your device.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Hit on the Notifications.
- Select Do Not Disturb and tap on the toggle to disable.
And luckily the do not disturb comes with a more advanced feature known as expectation. Which allows receiving of particular or desired features like calls, messages, and more.
Disable Power Saving Mode
Just like the DND, the power-saving mode helps to increase the battery life of the device by not allowing the features such as network usage, background running application, and more. Which unluckily degrade the performance of both device and application. And you definitely receive the problems like Samsung S22 ultra message notification not working. So verify if this feature is disabled on your device. If it’s ON simply disable it.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Hit Battery And Device Care > Battery.
- Select the Power Saving Mode and turn off the switch next to it.
Disable Data Saver Mode
Data Saver mode is pretty useful when you’re running out of mobile data. However, to save data it restricts certain activities that may include push notifications. Therefore, if notifications are not working for WhatsApp, Instagram, Gmail or any other app on Samsung S22 Ultra, S22, S22 Plus, keep the data saver mode disabled.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap Connections >Data Usage.
- Select Data saver > Disable Data saver mode.
Turn On Sound Mode
You will be familiar that when your device is on vibrate mode then it will not create the sound while encountering the notification. So it’s your duty to verify that your device’s sound in not on vibrate mode.
- Navigate to the Sound And Vibrations.
- Hit on the Sound Symbol and look if the vibrate mode is not enabled.
Customize the Volume Settings
Unlike the vibrate mode, you will not encounter the notification sound if the device volume is set at the low. If that’s the case simply increase the volume of the device and check why my notification is not showing up on the Samsung S22 plus is fixed or not.
- Head towards Settings > Sound And Vibrations.
- Choose the Volume. And from the next screen, configure the sound accordingly.
Enable App Notifications
If you have experienced that notifications are not featuring only from the particular app, then it could be due to you having blocked the notification from that application. Verify the application notifications settings are enabled, if they are denied then instantly turn it on.
- Navigate to the Settings.
- Hit Notifications.
- Hit See All.
- Choose the Drop Down Menu present at the top to feature all applications.
- Look at the app you want to receive the notification if it’s disabled simply tap on the toggle present next to it.
Remove App from Sleeping
To save battery, Samsung itself puts the apps to sleep mode if you’re not them for a while. Once the app is put to sleep mode, you might not receive notifications. Remove the apps from Sleeping Mode.
- Open Battery and device care from the Settings app.
- Select Background usage limits.
3. Disable Put unused apps to sleep.
Reset App Permissions
Still notifications not working on Samsung? Here’s how to check app permissions on Samsung S22 Ultra, S22, S22 Plus.
- Launch Settings app.
- Go to Apps.
- Find the app for which notifications are not working. Tap on it.
- Tap Permissions.
- Enable All the Permissions for that particular app.
Update Apps and Phone
Samsung S22 Ultra Notifications not working? Incompatibility between apps and systems leads to several unknown problems that you can never imagine. Its advisable to keep all the apps and system up to date.
To update Samsung Phone: Open Settings app > Software Update > Download & Install.
To update Apps: Open Google Play > Tap on Profile Icon > Manage apps and device > select all apps and Update it.
Clear App Cache
Another alternate workaround to fix App Notifications not working on Samsung S22, S22 Ultra or S22 Plus is to clear app cache of that particular app from which you’re not receiving notifications.
Don’t worry, it won’t delete your personal data, it’s just an app cache which is system-generated files to support app performance.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap Apps.
- Find and tap on app for which notifications are not working.
- Select Storage.
- Tap Clear cache.
Reset All Settings
This is quite effective as it brings back the device to the default settings. Because there are many instances of accidental touches, and ultimately the feature stops the regular working of the notifications and leads to Android 11 notifications not working on Samsung phones.
- Head to the Settings.
- Hit on General Management.
- Tap on the Reset.
- Choose Reset All Settings. Tap on the Reset Icon.
- Enter the PIN, Password, or Pattern if asked.
- Lastly, hit Reset.
Wipe Cache Partition
If bringing back the device settings doesn’t work to fix notification sound not working on Samsung S22 ultra then you can go with wipe cache partition. The cache is the temporary file that helps the device to load the files as fast as possible. And if this cache gets corrupted you might encounter degrade in the performance of the device. So to fix it perform wipe cache partition.
Factory Data Reset
Well, the last slice of bread remaining is the factory reset. The factory reset can fix all the minor bugs and glitches present in the device. However, we suggest making the backup be performing as it might clear all the important data stored in the device.
- Go to Settings.
- Hit General Management.
- Select Reset.
- Choose the Factory Data Reset.
- Tap Reset.
Hopefully, the error might get fixed by performing the above-mentioned workaround to fix Samsung S22 plus notification not working. If not so, there are chances that you might have encountered a hardware-related problem. And this only gets fixed by reaching to the nearer service stations.
How do you reset notifications on Samsung Galaxy S22?
Go to the Settings app > Scroll down to Developer Options > Enable Developer Options > Tap Reset notifications importance.
Why am I not getting notifications on my Samsung S22?
There can be several reasons why you’re not getting notifications on Samsung S22 like notifications are disabled from Settings, unstable internet connection, Do Not Disturb mode is enabled, etc. Read the in-depth article to fix notifications not working on Samsung S22.
Samsung Notifications Not Showing on Lock Screen?
Go to Settings app > Lock screen > Enable Notifications.