Table of Contents Show
- Samsung Note 10, Note 10 Plus Wireless Charging Not Working
- Common Issues
- Clean Your Phone/Charger
- Remove Case
- Switch Off and Charge
- Let the Device Cool Off
- Enable Wireless Charging Functionally
- Turn on Wireless Powershare
- Re-position the device on the pad
- Confirm wireless charger is working or the charger is compatible
- Force reboot the device
- Update Device
- Diagnose Wireless Charger with Samsung Members App
- Delete Cache Partition
- Run the device on Safe Mode
- Reset All Settings
- Factory Reset
- Contact Samsung Customer Care
Recently we have got some updates from the Note 10Plus owners. They were complaining that there Note 10Plus wireless charger not working. According to us, the reason behind this issue is not serious hardware malfunction, it can be petty bugs or something. So if you are one of the owners of the device and going through such an issue, there is a possibility that you can fix it on your own.
After trying the workarounds if still, Note 10 won’t charge on the wireless charger, then it might be possible your wireless charger is damaged. Look at these best wireless charger for Samsung Phones.
Samsung Note 10, Note 10 Plus Wireless Charging Not Working
There are multiple reasons behind Wireless Charging not working on Samsung Note 10 Plus, first go through the list of basic issues that might be affecting the wireless charging functionality.
- Incompatible wireless charger
- Damaged USB cable
- Incompatible case
- Position on the charging pad
- Foreign object between the pad and back of device
- The battery is fully drained
- Bad phone configuration
- Software bug
Clean Your Phone/Charger
As mentioned above, foreign objects might intervene between the Wireless Charging functionality, therefore make sure to clean the charging pad and the back of phone with soft piece of cloth.
It might be possible that you’ve purchased the case that dont work with Wireless Chargers, the cases consisting of the Metal material usually doesn’t support the wireless charging. Whatever, case you’re using, remove it for once and try to charge it.
Switch Off and Charge
As a workaround, we’d recommend you to turn off the phone completely and put on wireless charging pad for an hour. If the phone doesn’t respond, move to next solution.
Let the Device Cool Off
Is your device overheating? If yes, then don’t push it to charge, let it cool off, otherwise it might be severe battery damage and you could hurt yourself. Remove the accessories and leave the phone in room temperature for few minutes.
Enable Wireless Charging Functionally
On its own, the wireless charging should work automatically once you place your device on an active wireless charger. However, if you adjust some settings, there are chances that you may disable the wireless charger. So ensure that your wireless charger is enabled.
- Hit Settings.
- Go to Device Care.
- Touch Battery.
- Tap Battery Settings.
- Turn ON fast wireless charging.
Turn on Wireless Powershare
If the problem is related to Wireless Powershare, which means your Samsung Galaxy Note 10Plus can’t seem to charger the other gadget. Similarly like wireless charging, wireless Powershare must be enabled before charging up the device. if you don’t how to perform it follow the given below steps.
- Scroll down the Notification Panel.
- Search and tap Wireless Powershare Icon.
Re-position the device on the pad
There are chances when a slight movement on the pad can make the wireless chargers stop working. This is due to the receiver device need to be placed in a particular position to make the device to charge. So adjust the device on the pod and ensure that the wireless charger is working or not.
Confirm wireless charger is working or the charger is compatible
There are multiple types of wireless chargers but your note 10Plus is officially endorsed to run only with Samsung certified Qi charger. If you are not charging your Note 10Plus with the certified charger it may provide less parameter to the device.
Note: Incompatible wireless charger can corrupt the device. So use only the standardized charger.
Force reboot the device
Still, the wireless charger doesn’t work after performing the basics steps. The issue may be within the device. The first workaround you need to do is perform a soft reset. This will clear the bug and refresh the system.
- Hold the Volume Low + Power Keys for 10-15 seconds.
- Doing so will feature Maintenance Boot Mode Screen.
- Tap Normal Mode from Maintenance Boot Mode Screen.
- If Maintenance Boot Screen is not featured on your device that means it doesn’t contain it. Wait until the device is powered off.
Still, if the wireless charging not working on Samsung Note 10, I’d suggest you go to the Settings app, and search for a Software update. If there is any pending update available, then do update the phone.
Diagnose Wireless Charger with Samsung Members App
Samsung Members app can help you diagnose the issue if there’s any. Follow the steps and let the phone do its diagnose.
- Launch Samsung Members App.
- Tap on Get Help.
- Select Diagnostics > View tests.
- Tap Wireless charging.
- Read and follow the on-screen instructions and place the phone on wireless charging pad properly.
Delete Cache Partition
The cache is a temporary file that use to load the app quickly. In some cases, the cache gets corrupted and create an issue. To verify that your cache is not corrupted, delete the cache partition and verify the issue.
- Switch off the Note 10Plus.
- Hold the Volume High + Home Keys, instantly press the Power Button.
- When the device symbol is featured, let out the Power Button.
- When Android Symbol is featured, let out all the buttons.
- Hold the Volume Low Button multiple times to feature “Wipe Cache Partition”.
- Use the Power Button to select.
- Hold the Volume Low Button to appear “YES” and press the Power Button to select.
- “Reboot System Now” is featured.
- Use the Power Button to restart the Note 10Plus.
Run the device on Safe Mode
If the charger stopped running after you have downloaded the app, then the app may be the culprit. To verify it run the device in safe mode. Running the device in safe mode will disable all the third-party app.
- Turn off the Note 10Plus.
- Hold the Power Button until the model name is passed out.
- Instantly press the Volume Low Button until the phone finishes restarting.
- Safe Mode will be highlighted on Bottom Left Corner.
- Let out the Volume Low Button when safe mode is featured.
If the wireless charger works accurately in safe mode. Then the third-party app is the culprit. Try to uninstall the third-party app individually and verify the issue.
Reset All Settings
If nothing works in safe mode, reset all the settings on Note 10Plus.
- Navigate to Settings Icon.
- Hit General Management.
- Select Reset.
- Touch Reset Settings.
- Tap Reset Settings to confirm.
At this stage, after performing all the basic tricks, if still, Note 10Plus wireless charger doesn’t fix. Then there no other option rather than factory reset.
Note: you need to back-up all the important data stored in the device
- Navigate to the Settings icon.
- Search and hit General Management.
- Select Reset.
- Tap Factory Data Reset from the given options.
- Read the instructions and hit Reset to carry on.
- Hit Delete All to confirm the procedure.
Contact Samsung Customer Care
I assume none of the above solutions did trick for you, now the only solution left for you is to visit the Samsung Care, and let them examine what’s the problem is and ask them to fix.