Snapchat is one of the most used apps and it developed by excellent developers. It’s assumed to work aptly on all the devices yet we have acknowledged some Snapchat not working on Samsung from the owners of Samsung device. Initially, we can’t assume that its issue is with an app or something else is the culprit behind Snapchat stopped working on my phone.
Well, it’s quite irritating when we continuously receive “Unfortunately, Snapchat has stopped” on Samsung S20, don’t worry it’s quite easy to fix. In this article, I have listed a few workarounds to fix the issue. So continue to read the article and perform the tricks step by step.
- 1 Fix Snapchat Not Working on Samsung S20 Ultra, S20, S20Plus
- 1.1 Is Snapchat Down 2020?
- 1.2 Make Sure Internet is Working Well
- 1.3 Force Quit Snapchat
- 1.4 Check Snapchat Permissions
- 1.5 Clear Snapchat App Cache
- 1.6 Reset App Preference
- 1.7 Update Snapchat App or Update All Apps
- 1.8 Re-install Snapchat App
- 1.9 Boot the device to Safe Mode
- 1.10 Clear Cache from Recovery Mode
- 1.11 Factory Reset
- 1.12 Snapchat stuck on Sending Snaps and Messages?
Fix Snapchat Not Working on Samsung S20 Ultra, S20, S20Plus
Is Snapchat Down 2020?
If your Snapchat isn’t working at all, then you’ve two options to verify the issue: one is ask your friends, are they facing the same problem and secondly check by yourself whether the Snapchat is down, if it is, then it won’t work for anyone and if isn’t down, then prepare yourself to troubleshoot the Snapchat as you are the only victim of Snapchat.
Most reliable way to check Snapchat’s current status is by visiting the Down Detector Website, and see if Snapchat is under maintenance or working perfectly.
And the next one is, to open the Snapchat Twitter Official Handle and track what is happening with Snapchat. The developer team tweets whenever the Snapchat is down for any reason.
Make Sure Internet is Working Well
When the internet speed is not sufficient, the Snapchat won’t load snaps, Snapchat won’t send snaps, Snapchat could not refresh, etc. these are the frequently encountered errors you might face. In that case, stay close to the Wi-Fi router to ensure fast speed, or switch the Wi-Fi connection to Mobile data or vice versa.
On the other note, Snapchat won’t work sometime if your phone is connected to the VPN. For once disable any VPN service you are using and restart the Snapchat App.
Alternatively, you can check the network speed and internet connection, by browsing any website on Google or using Facebook or Instagram, if they work correctly, then move to the next solution.
Force Quit Snapchat
First I will explain what force quit do? Force quitting the app make the update in the inner content of the app such as crashing problems, and make sure that the overall system is working accurately. Well, there are two methods of force quite used to fix minor bugs and glitch in the system.
Method 1: Closing an app using Recent Apps key
- From the main screen, touch the Recent Apps button.
- Now all the recent apps will be visible, swipe right or left to close recent apps, this will force
Method 2: Close an app using App Info menu
- Navigate to Settings Icon.
- Touch Settings.
- Select Apps.
- Hit Three-Dots located on the right-upper corner.
- Search and hit Show System Apps.
- Scroll and select App.
- Touch Force stop.
Check Snapchat Permissions
To fix the Snapchat Sound Not Working or Snapchat can’t access photos on Android, Snapchat needs your permission to access all the phones and work properly. Like Accessing Camera, Microphone, Location, Phone, Storage, and Contacts, it is mandatory to allow one by one from the Snapchat app or the Settings of your phone.
- From the Snapchat App, open your Snapchat profile, then on the upper side tap Settings, scroll down to the Permissions and toggle the buttons ON.
- From the Settings App, open Snapchat, and allow permissions.
Clear Snapchat App Cache
Well I think so you will be familiar with clear app cache but it’s my duty to clear all confusion in your mind is it ok to clear App Cache? Or what happens if I clear data on the snapchat app? Yes, it’s ok to clear App cache, it’s nothing but refreshing of an app by clearing all you’re data that are automatically stored in the phone to get rid of all minor bugs and increase the performance of the app.
- Go to Settings App.
- Select Apps.
- Search and hit Snapchat App.
- Touch Storage.
- Tap Clear Cache Button.
Reset App Preference
The resetting the app preference is a method to neglect all the permission and restriction on the particular app means the application will work as for the first time you have installed it.
- Navigate to the Settings app.
- Hit Apps.
- Touch Three-Dots on the top-right corner for more settings.
- Tap Reset App Preference.
- Reboot your device and verify the issue.
Update Snapchat App or Update All Apps
Is it essential to always update the Android app? Yes, because the developer of the particular app takes feedback from users and correct the bugs to increase the efficiency and performance of the app. Firstly, we recommend connecting to a Wi-fi network rather than a cellular network, if possible.
- Go to Google Play Store.
- Select Settings Gear located at the left upper corner shown with three horizontal dashes.
- Touch My Apps & Games.
- Hit Update All.
Re-install Snapchat App
If you uninstall and install the app, it will wipe all settings, data, & cache and also delete all the extra space used by data. And install the app with new data and cache. Thankfully, your personal data of Snapchat will stay as well, once you re-install the Snapchat app, and log in to Snapchat everything will be back as usual.
- Access the App Tray.
- Search the App you want to uninstall.
- Hold the app icon for few seconds.
- Tap Uninstall.
After completion of the un-installation process restart the device and install the Snapchat again.
Boot the device to Safe Mode
Safe Mode is the best way to figure out whether the problem is with your phone or with a third-party app. This means only the OS apps will be allowed to access the safe mode.
- Switch OFF the phone.
- Hold the Power Key until the device name appears.
- When SAMSUNG is highlighted on the screen, let out Power Button.
- After releasing the Power Button, instantly press the Volume Low Button.
- Carry on holding Volume Low Button until the accomplishment of restarting.
- Safe Mode will appear in the bottom left corner of the screen, and let out Volume Low Button.
After finding the culprit app, follow the given below steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Hit Apps.
- Touch the desired app you want to delete.
- Tap Uninstall.
- Hit OK.
Clear Cache from Recovery Mode
The most efficient way to fix the problem and increase the efficiency of the device by deleting the temporary files stored in the Android OS system
- Switch off the device.
- Then Press the Bixby and Volume Low Buttons until the android symbols appear.
- When Android Symbol appears, let out all buttons.
- The Recover Screen will highlight on the screen.
- Move through the option by using the Volume button and select Wipe Cache Partition using Power Button.
- Wait for few seconds until all the cache is deleted.
- Hold the Power Key to restart the device.
The master reset most probably last and effective way to fix the minor glitches like snapchat not responding will be fixed.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll and hit General Management.
- Select Reset.
- Touch Factory Data Reset.
- Hit Reset.
- Select Delete All to start
Snapchat stuck on Sending Snaps and Messages?
Even though the network connection is fine, but Snapchat isn’t sending photos and messages, under such circumstances, you might have to clear the Snapchat conversation and remove the person with whom this error is occurring from your Snapchat.
But before, taking a hard step, why not force close the Snapchat and all the background running apps and restart the phone. After restarting the phone, still, the Snapchat is not working on Samsung S20 Ultra, then a clear conversation from the individual chat. Deleting the conversation will not remove the sent or saved files or content.
- From your Snapchat profile, tap on the Settings
- Tap Clear conversation.
- Next to the Snapchat friend, tap on the (X) to clear the chat history of a particular contact.
Unfortunately, clearing conversation didn’t work, the remove the friend from your Snapchat account and add again. Doing this will remove the sent and received Snaps.
- Again go to the Snapchat profile.
- Select Add Friends.
- Tap My Friends.
- And remove the friend.
- How to Create Facebook Messenger Room in Android
- Best DIYs Learning Apps for iOS and Android in 2020
- How to Improve Galaxy S20’s Battery: 15 Suggestions
- Best Wireless Chargers for Galaxy S20, S20Plus, S20 Ultra