YouTube on Samsung Watch? Really? Samsung Watch is full-fledged with heaps of features that could substitute for the smartphone. As of right now, your Samsung Galaxy Watch can make and receive calls, send and receive messages, check notifications, listen to Music, and whatnot. You might be wondering Can I stream YouTube Videos on Samsung Watch? Well, the answer is YES. In this line of the tutorial, we’ve explained in-depth steps and different methods to watch YouTube Videos on Samsung Watch 4, Samsung Watch 3, and other Samsung Watch Models.
Unfortunately, currently, there is no Official YouTube App available for Samsung Watch, in fact, it is not available for WearOS, meaning, none of the Smartwatch supports YouTube App. However, we’ve got a workaround through which you can play YouTube Videos on any Samsung Watch, read along to learn the process.
How to Stream YouTube on any Samsung Galaxy Watch?
Before we move forward, make sure your Samsung Galaxy Watch is paired and connected to phone and if not, then connect Galaxy Watch to Wi-Fi or LTE Network.
Method 1: Use Samsung Internet App
By default, Samsung Internet doesn’t come pre-installed, however, if you have already installed it then ignore these steps and directly search for YouTube or else continue to read.
- Find and open Google Play on your Samsung Watch.
- Search for Samsung Internet.
- Install Samsung Internet.
- Once the Samsung Internet App is installed, you can search YouTube and thereafter any YouTube Video that you wish to play in Watch.
Method 2: Go for YouTube Music App
Recently, Google released the official YouTube Music App for WearOS, using which you can listen to all the songs available in YouTube Music. All you need to have is a YouTube Premium subscription to enjoy YouTube Music. Go get YouTube Premium and download YouTube Music in Samsung Watch from Google Play. Sign in with YouTube Music credentials and enjoy music seamlessly.
Method 3: Download Third-Party App? YES
Step 1: Install YouTube Go and Easy Fire Tool on Phone
- Download YouTube Go from APKMirror on your phone to which Samsung Watch is connected.
- Up next, open Google Play and download Easy Fire Tool on your smartphone.
Step 2: Enable Developer Mode on Samsung Watch
Downloading and Installing APK on Samsung Watch is something, we cannot do straightforwardly, however, by enabling ADB Wi-Fi and Developer Mode, it is still doable. Follow the steps to install YouTube Go on Galaxy Watch.
- Ensure Samsung Watch and Phone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- In your Samsung Watch, open the Settings > About Watch > Software.
- Tap 7-8 times on Software Version to turn on Developer Mode.
Step 3: Enable ADB Debugging on Samsung Watch
- Go to the Settings app on Galaxy Watch.
- Swipe down and tap on Developer options.
- Enable ADB debugging.
- Next, enable Debug over Wi-Fi.
- You should see an IP Address, note it down.
Step 4: Install YouTube Go on Samsung Watch
I presume, you’ve enabled Developer Mode, and ADB Debugging Mode, and already installed YouTube Go and Easy Fire Tool on phone.
- Launch Easy Fire Tool on your phone.
- Go to Settings.
- Locate Connection settings, and enter IP Address that you’ve noted down earlier.
- Once done, close the Settings.
- Go to Custom APK file tab.
- Hit the Green Icon on the top-right screen.
- You should see Connected to [IP Address], this indicates the Easy Fire Tool installed on phone is connected to Samsung Watch.
- Tap on Select File and choose the YouTube Go APK from the downloads section or wherever you’ve saved it locally on phone.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the YouTube Go on Watch.
- That’s Pretty Much!
Go to App Drawer on Samsung, scroll down to the end, and there you will find YouTube Go App ready for you to stream YouTube Videos right away.