The Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 is the nanocomputer itself, the only difference is the size of the gadget compared to the PC. But unlike the smart computer, the Samsung watch doesn’t come with cooling fans. So when you constantly use it throughout the day, you may experience galaxy watch 4 overheating or battery draining fast.
Whenever the gadget gets hot, its performance is needed to be considered. The more you use the Samsung watch, it handily gets hot. But if you use it often, still the Samsung galaxy watch keeps overheating, probably there is another culprit to look on. Also, many of them encountered the Samsung galaxy watch 4 overheating while charging. But there is no need to be worried it happens with almost every wearable and can be fixed by performing some of the handy workarounds.
Fix Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Keeps Overheating
Update Your Watch
It’s common! When the device having an old version of the OS there are high chances of Samsung galaxy watch overheating issues. So it’s better to see if there is an availability of an update. If yes, then instantly download and install the software update on Samsung galaxy watch 4. To do so there are two methods one through the smartphone and another itself from the Samsung wearable. If you are not fond of it simply follow the steps.
- When your device and watch are linked with one another, you can update from the Galaxy wearable app. Open the galaxy wearable app on the device linked with the Samsung watch 4.
- Hit Watch Settings>Watch Software Update.
- If the watch highlight a Home Tab, scroll to and hit Band Software Update or Watch Software Update.
- Lastly, tap Download And Install.
- In some cases, you will need to hit About Band, or About Watch to open the software update menu.
- Or else if you want to automatically update the watch over Wi-Fi network simply hit on the Switch next to “Auto-Download Over Wi-Fi”.
After doing so see if the Samsung galaxy watch 3 or 4 is fixed or not. If not go to the next step.
Free Up Storage
Got too much junk in the smart wearable! Want to clear some space to fix galaxy watch 4 overheating while charging. Follow the given below steps.
- On the device connected with the watch, go to Galaxy Wearable App.
- Hit About Gear or About Watch.
- Tap Storage>Clean Now. Here you see the space captured by apps, images, videos, and audio files.
- If you have installed lots of unused apps you can simply uninstall apps from the watch.
- If you have an old music collection, which you never listen to. You can delete some songs to clean up more space.
Lastly having lots of collection images which already stored in the alternative devices, then you must try to clear them for more space. Press the Home Button>go to Gallery>More Options>Delete. After that select the images you want to remove, then hit Delete>Checkmark. Free Up Memory
Cleaning the memory stops the app running in the background, so your Samsung watch 4 will never overheat.
- From the phone, navigate to Galaxy Wearable App.
- Hit About Gear or About Watch.
- Tap on the Memory Icon.
- Deselect the apps you want keep running in the background, and then hit Clean Now.
The force restart always refreshes the device’s memory and keeps the device steady to prevent an unwanted situation like Samsung watch overheating when charging.
To force restart press the Up and Down Button simultaneously until the Samsung Rebooting appears on the screen.
Reset the Watch
The last option is to reset the watch as it is the first and last effective method to fix galaxy watch overheating. Before you reset the Samsung watch, we recommend back-up all the important data stored in the device. These will assure you can easily restore all the old data even after the reset. If you forgot to do so you will never receive old important data in your smartwatch.
Reset Through Phone
- On your smartphone, go to Galaxy Wearable App.
- Hit Settings Tab>Find My Watch>SET SECURITY KEY.
- Next, hit Reset Watch>Reset.
Reset From Watch
- In the watch, go to Settings.
- Scroll and hit General>Reset>Done.
All of the above mentioned are well checked by the expert of seektogeek.com. If still the galaxy watch 4 overheating in a normal state is not fixed, we suggest taking the gadget to your nearer Samsung service center.
- Best Tips and Tricks for Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
- How to Setup Samsung Pay NFC on Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
- Best Galaxy Watch 4 Replacement Bands