With recent iOS updates, Apple is focusing more on Health & Fitness oriented features whether it is workout, heart rate tracker, blood oxygen tracker, etc. The basic Fitness functions such as Step Counts, is already available from iPhone 5, with new upgraded iOS and iPadOS devices, Apple has added more advanced settings and options for its users. Walking and Running are two most common workouts that usually people follow in their daily routine and keeping track of these two activities is crucial.
We’ve prepared this article to guide you on how to add step counts manually on iPhone, iPod Touch iOS 14 or later. Besides, here you’ll get to learn how to turn on the step count in Health App iOS 14 or later and alongside to track the step count on Health App.
How to Enable Step Count on iPhone?
First of all, the Health App automatically tracks the steps count without any manually intervention, however, the settings need to be enabled. Follow these steps and see if the following options are enabled in your Health App.
- Launch the Settings App.
- Scroll down and tap Privacy.
- Tap Motion & Fitness.
- Toggle Fitness Tracking ON.
- Toggle Health option ON.
How to Track Step Count on Health App iPhone?
By default, the step count in Health App is enabled and till now it might have keep the track of your step count, if the above settings are turned on. Here’s how to check the step count in Health App iOS 14 or later.
- Go to the Health App on iPhone.
- Select Browse.
- Select Activity.
- Tap Steps.
- There you should see different tabs D, W, M, Y; all of these indicates Date, Week, Month and Year.
- Under Highlights section, there are certain data available that you might find helpful.
How to Manually Add Step Count to the Health App?
In case, if the Health app is malfunctioning and you noticed there is no increase in steps count even though you had a good walk like other days, Health app lets you add the step count manually on iPhone, iPod Touch iOS 14 or later. Moreover, in hurry some people forget to carry the iPhone and the step counts isn’t updated, but manually adding steps too easy.
- Launch the Health App.
- Select Browse tab.
- Go to Activity.
- Select Steps.
- On the upper-right corner, tap Add Data.
- Enter the date, time and step count in respective fields.
- Once you’re done, tap Add on the top-right corner.
- How to Connect PS5 Controller to Mac, Windows
- How to Connect SmartTag to Samsung Phone and Tablet?
- Best Wireless Headphones for Smartphones