This year, with Samsung S21, and Galaxy Buds Pro, Samsung revealed SmartTag, a small Bluetooth device that could track your items, pet, or whatever item the SmartTag is attached to. Simply attach the SmartTag with any precious bag, or thing that you don’t want to lose on the trip or in daily wear and tear, this little Bluetooth device will help you track it, show it on the Map, play a loud ring, and more. It is only $29.99, so to secure expensive devices, a small investment on SmartTag is worth a lot.
However, the only downside is, you can SmartTag with Samsung Device, it won’t work with any Android or iOS device, so if you own a Samsung phone, then buy it for the right price. It will show the last location on the Map to track the lost item, and depending on the distance BLE signal strength, the tag could emit a chime when you press the button on the SmartThings app. Learn how to connect and use SmartTag on Samsung phones and tablets.
How to Setup and Use SmartTag with Samsung Phone and Tablet
There are two ways to connect the SmartTag to the Samsung Phone and Tablet, however, both need the SmartThings app, make sure it is installed on your Samsung device.
Method 1: Using SmartThings App
- Make sure the SmartThings App is installed on your device.
- If it is already installed, then make sure you’re using the latest version of it.
- Launch the SmartThings App on your phone or tablet.
- Now, turn on the SmartTag, press the button(a), it’ll make a sound indicating that it is activated.
- When SmartTag appears on the phone, select Add Now.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions and complete the setup of SmartTag.
Method 2: Using QR Code
- Do you have a box in which the SmartTag was packed? On that box, there’s a QR Code, that can be used to pair the SmartTag with a phone or
- Scan the QR Code. However, it’ll take you to the SmartThings app, so first, install the SmartThings App.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the SmartTag setup.