Table of Contents Show
Microsoft Teams is another emerging video conferencing apps that is used by corporations and most importantly the people who rely on Microsoft applications and tools. Like other competitive video conferencing apps in the market, Teams app is full featured with all the basic to advanced functions that you would need during the meeting, like showing presentation, talking with participants, creating meetings and much more.
In this article, we’ve shown the best ways to fix the Microsoft Teams microphone not working on MacBook Pro, MacBook, Mac running macOS Big Sur, Catalina or earlier.
Microphone Not Working on Microsoft Teams Mac, MacBook
Force Quit Microsoft Team
When an internal program of an application isn’t working perfectly, force quitting the particular helps to fix the internal malfunction. So when you encounter the participants who couldn’t hear the voice while Microsoft Team” simply just force quit the application and restart it.
- While the ongoing Microsoft Teams App, press the Shift Button and hit the Apple Symbol present on the menu bar.
- After that touch “Force Quit Microphone Teams” or else press shortcut: Option + Shift + Command + Escape.
Modify Mac’s Privacy Settings
Mainly on macOS, to run the various and applications, we need to grant permission to function the application correctly. There are two types of permission first is in-app permission and another is Privacy permission.
Usually, privacy permission is asked when the app is first time launched on the device, you’ll we asked to permit both the microphone and camera both. If you didn’t grant follow the given below steps.
- Go to System Preference and tap “Security and Privacy”.
- Navigate to Microphone and select the Lock symbol to change device microphone settings.
- To turn on the “Security & Privacy” menu, enter the device password and ID.
- Verify Microsoft Teams.
- If the particular app is running background, it will ask to close the app to change the application settings. Hit Quit Now.
After performing the procedure verify if still the Microsoft teams work perfectly or not.
Modify Teams Media Permission
If the problem occurs after performing various procedures then verify that Microsoft team has media access. Mainly media access refers to team permission because without team permission you can’t access the microphone, speaker, and camera. So for that, you need to follow the given below steps.
- Open Microsoft Teams and hit Profile Picture and Avatar located at right top corner.
- Go to Settings.
- Search and hit Permission Section.
- Ensure the media option is turned on, if not, tap on a toggle.
Lastly, if you have multiple audio gadgets with a pre-installed microphone connected with the parent device, then you need to select the device that you want to access while ongoing meeting.
- In the ongoing meeting, select a three-horizontal dotted symbol on the app’s menu.
- Tap Device Settings.
- Select the Microphone Drop-Down Key and touch the gadget you want to use as default microphone.