Every time you download anything on the Samsung goes directly into the Downloads folder of the Phone’s Internal Storage. By default, all the phones are set to store all the downloads in the Phone’s Internal Storage, however, that can be changed in a snap. There’s no problem with using default storage, however, over time, you may run out of storage space, and hence it could slow down the system. Samsung phones come with a dedicated slot to add a MicroSD Card to extend the storage, a small investment in a MicroSD Card will let your phone breathe normally, otherwise, phone storage space running out could be a pain in the head.
Interestingly, the location of your downloaded files completely depends on what you’re downloading and from which app you’re downloading. Samsung’s My Files app is efficient enough to manage all the downloads, allows you to Move/Copy Files, and much more; but you cannot access Netflix’s downloads from the My Files app as Netflix securely stores the downloads and only allows us to access from Netflix App.
- 1 How to Change Download Location in any Samsung Device?
- 1.1 Change Download Location from Google Chrome App
- 1.2 Change Download Location from Samsung Internet
- 1.3 Change Download Location from Opera
- 1.4 Change Download Location from Firefox
- 1.5 How to Find Downloaded Files on Samsung?
- 1.6 Look into Downloads Folder
- 1.7 Find Downloads from Browser
- 1.8 How do I change the default download location on Samsung?
- 1.9 How do I set download to SD card Samsung?
How to Change Download Location in any Samsung Device?
Change Download Location from Google Chrome App
- Go to the Chrome App on your Samsung device.
- Tap on three dots.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to Downloads. Tap on it.
- Tap on Download Location and choose between Internal Storage or SD Card.
- Toggle ON Ask where to save files, if needed.
Change Download Location from Samsung Internet
- Open the Samsung Internet App.
- On the bottom navigation panel, tap on the hamburger menu.
- Select Settings.
- Under Advanced, tap Sites and downloads.
- Enable Ask before starting downloads.
Change Download Location from Opera
- Launch Opera Browser.
- On the lower navigation panel, tap on the Account icon.
- Select the Settings icon.
- Scroll down to the end and tap on Downloads.
- Choose the desired folder or create a new one to save Downloads.
Change Download Location from Firefox
Unfortunately, Firefox Android App doesn’t allow you to change the downloads location, you’ll have to follow the default path only. We’re hoping that soon Firefox will add some customization options including changing the download location.
How to Find Downloaded Files on Samsung?
Finding Downloaded Files is quite impossible especially if you have switched from iOS to Android. The procedure to find downloaded files varies since it depends on what app you’ve used to download the file.
Look into Downloads Folder
- Open the My Files app in Samsung.
- Usually, Downloads is available as a shortcut under Categories.
- If not there, tap on Internal storage and find the Downloads folder.
Find Downloads from Browser
- Chrome: Open Chrome App > three dots > Downloads.
- Samsung Internet: Open Samsung Internet > hamburger menu > Downloads.
- Opera: Open Opera and on the default page tap on Downloads.
- Firefox: Open Firefox > three dots > Downloads.
How do I change the default download location on Samsung?
There are different apps and programs from which we download multiple things, and all of them operate differently. For instance, Chrome Browser stores downloads in the Download folder by default unless it has been changed, Google Play downloads and installs apps in Internal Storage, etc. Depending on the app, the steps vary to change the default download location on Samsung, read the article to know more in detail.
How do I set download to SD card Samsung?
There’s no one-shot setting available that will let you change the download location to SD Card on any Samsung device. Depending on the app that you’re using to download, the process varies and for every particular app you’re using to download, the download location needs to change.