Facebook and other social media algorithms are designed to keep you indulge as long as possible, by suggesting relevant and right content to you. And they capture your own activities like Likes, Follows, and Post/Page Interactions, and using them shows you the Suggested for You post. However, if you’re not so interested in Suggested for You Post and immediately get rid of unwanted suggestions on Facebook, this article will help you turn off Suggested for You posts to some extent.
But when you put a pause on Suggested for You posts, you’re limiting yourself from other helpful content available for you on Facebook, therefore, I wouldn’t recommend you disable Facebook Suggested Content on iPhone, Android, instead of hide a particular page or post, which is not helping you anyhow.
How to Turn Off Suggested for You Post on Facebook iPhone, Android
Truth is, Facebook won’t allow anyone to disable Turn Off Suggested For You Posts on Facebook permanently. However, continue to read, we’ll show you a workaround to get rid of Suggested for You Posts on Facebook on iPhone and Android.
- Open Facebook on your phone.
- Make sure you’re logged into the same account for which you wish to disable Suggested for You Posts.
- Tap on three dots in the Suggested for You card.
- Tap Hide Post. This will control the number of posts like that, and you might not see any such posts going forward.
- In addition, there are two more options you can try; Snooze for 30 days and Hide all from [name].
Use FB(FluffBusting) Purity
Download and install FluffBusting Purity Chrome Extension in your Google Chrome App. FluffBusting Chrome Extension hides all the Facebook Junk including Sponsored Posts, Suggested for You Posts, Game Spam, and Hide Ads. Keep note that since it is a third-party extension, we do not guarantee that it will correctly work and will prevent all the junk content from your profile. But still, I’d recommend you to download FluffBusting Purity Chrome Extension if you prefer to use Facebook on Chrome Browser.
What To Do If You’re Admin or Owner of Page?
Being an Owner or Admin of Page one can control whether you want to show your page in other users Suggested for You section. Meaning, that when someone shows interest in similar posts/pages to yours, your page will not appear in their recommendations/suggested for you section.
- Open Facebook.
- Select Pages in the sidebar and go to your Page.
- Click on Settings.
- Select General.
- Find Similar Page Suggestions and uncheck it.
- Lastly, click on Save changes.
What is Facebook Suggested Post and Who Suggests It?
Facebook Suggested Posts are nothing but similar content to which you interact, like, and follow frequently. To some extent, this is a good feature, because Facebook is a massive platform and even if we spend 24 hours a day, you’ll miss something relevant. That’s why Facebook timely makes recommendations so you get more exposure to what your interest lies in. There are three factors that influence Facebook to show Suggested for You posts.
- Who interacted with a post?
- Related topics
- How to Create Facebook Messenger Room in Android
- Best Samsung Tablets You Can Buy Right Now
- Best Power Banks For any Samsung Phone and Tablet