WhatsApp plays a vital role in our life, for some users it’s a primary way of communicating with friends, colleagues, family, and more. Initially, WhatsApp was only limited to smartphones, with time, they have expanded the support for Desktop and Web Browsers too. Few users have reported WhatsApp not working on MacBook, Mac, Windows PC; WhatsApp keeps loading, and won’t open in Mac. No doubt, WhatsApp works flawlessly with smartphones, but the desktop client is quite worrisome and doesn’t work sometimes.
If you’re experiencing the issues with WhatsApp Desktop App, you can go through the workarounds and get back the WhatsApp service back to the Mac, Windows PC.
Fix WhatsApp Not Working and Opening on MacBook, Mac, Windows
Force Quit WhatsApp
WhatsApp running in the background, and you try to open the WhatsApp, the app performance might get affected and WhatsApp won’t open at all. Give WhatsApp a fresh start by force quitting using the inbuilt system function.
- Press the Option + Command + Esc keys.
- Select WhatsApp and then click on Force Quit.
- Press the Windows button and search Task Manager. Alternatively, you can press Control + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
- Select WhatsApp and click on End Task.
After force quitting WhatsApp and closing all the apps running in the background, restart the PC and try to open the WhatsApp again.
Make Sure Phone is Connected to the Internet
You must be aware of this condition, to use WhatsApp on Mac, and Windows PC, the WhatsApp on your phone should be mandatorily turned on. Without an active internet connection and WhatsApp not working on your phone, you won’t be able to use WhatsApp on PC.
Unlock your phone, and open WhatsApp, sometimes, due to a weak internet connection, even though WhatsApp is working correctly on phone, it won’t work on the WhatsApp desktop app.
Does WhatsApp keep loading on Mac, Windows? Then it seems to be having internet issues. If you’re a Windows user, then using the built-in internet troubleshooting settings, the network connectivity issues can be ruled out easily.
- Open the Settings App in your Windows PC. Press Windows + I to launch Settings.
- Select Update & Security.
- Go to Troubleshoot in the sidebar.
- Click on Additional troubleshooters.
- Click on Internet Connections and then select Run the troubleshooters.
While when it comes to Mac, there is nothing much you can do about it, unless disconnecting and reconnecting to Wi-Fi.
Repair and Update WhatsApp
Corrupted Apps can be repaired by the Windows Tool, lets see how to repair WhatsApp in your Windows PC.
- Go to the Settings App, use the search bar, or press Windows + I keys.
- Go to Apps.
- Select Apps & feature.
- Search WhatsApp.
- Click on it and select Repair
Mac users can try updating the WhatsApp Desktop Client to the latest version available from the Mac App Store. Open Mac App Store and update WhatsApp.
None of the above solutions fix WhatsApp not working on Windows and Mac? Updating the WhatsApp doesn’t work, in that case, reinstalling the WhatsApp is from the official website may resume the WhatsApp functionality.
- Open the Settings.
- Tap Apps > Apps & feature.
- Search WhatsApp.
- Click on it and Uninstall.
- Open Finder.
- Select Applications
- Locate WhatsApp and move it to Trash.
To reinstall, visit the Official WhatsApp Website and download it.
Alternate: WhatsApp Web
WhatsApp Web works the same as WhatsApp Desktop App. Since WhatsApp Desktop Client is not working for you, try using WhatsApp Web. You can operate WhatsApp Web on any web browser.
- Best Samsung Tablets To Buy Right Now
- How to Use WhatsApp Web in Multiple Devices?
- How to Use ECG and Share Report on Samsung Watch