Table of Contents Show
Finally, WhatsApp has introduced the Multi-Device ability which enables you to use WhatsApp on up to four devices, and the most important thing is it doesn’t need your phone to be connected to the internet. Earlier, if you want to use the WhatsApp Web, the phone must be on and connected to a stable internet connection to use the messaging services on the Web.
Ultimately, if you want to use WhatsApp across multiple devices without your phone being connected to the internet, then read along with the article and learn how to use WhatsApp on Multiple Devices right away.
How to Use WhatsApp Multi-Device Feature in Mac, Windows
While writing this article, the WhatsApp Multi-Device Features was available in beta version, and not officially released for us. Read the following section where you’ll learn how to enroll for WhatsApp Multi-Device feature.
Part 1: Enroll Your WhatsApp Account for Multi-Device Feature
- Launch WhatsApp on your phone.
- Tap on the three dots on the upper-right screen.
- Select Linked devices.
- There, tap on Multi-device or Multi-device beta.
- If you choose Multi-device beta, then tap on JOIN BETA.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up multiple devices.
Part 2: How to Use Same WhatsApp Account on Multiple Devices
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Tap on three dots on the upper-right screen.
- Tap Linked Devices.
- Select Link a Device.
- Now open the Web WhatsApp, and when QR Code shows up, scan it from your phone.
Likewise, you can link up to four devices and use them simultaneously. Though, keep note that the linked devices will automatically get disconnected when you don’t use them for 14 days.
How to Check and Log Out of WhatsApp Devices
- Open WhatsApp on your device.
- Tap on three dots on the top-right screen.
- Select Linked devices.
- Tap on the device on which you want to log out.
- Then select Log Out.
WhatsApp Multi-Device Limitations
WhatsApp has already mentioned the limitations on its FAQ page, let’s see what are the limitations of the Multi-Device feature.
- Live Locations on Linked Devices are not available.
- Can’t Pin Chats on WhatsApp Web or WhatsApp Desktop App.
- Can’t Join, View, and Reset Group Invites using Web WhatsApp and Desktop App.
- You cannot make contact with the recipient who is using an unsupported WhatsApp version.
- Calling from Portal or Desktop App to any linked devices which aren’t enrolled for the Multi-Device feature is not possible.
- WhatsApp Business accounts can’t rename business names or labels from WhatsApp Desktop App or Web.
- Also, other WhatsApp accounts on your Portal will not work unless those accounts have joined the multi-device feature.