Samsung S21 Voicemail Notification Stuck? No worries, these are one of the most common problems that every Samsung user has dealt with; if you’re using Samsung for years, then you might have faced and fixed this type of issue too. Voicemail is a great way to receive a message when you’re not available or unable to answer a call, due to some personal reasons. When someone leaves a voicemail for you, you’ll see a notification on the device, and after listening to that voicemail, it should go away.
However, there are few people who have raised the issue that voicemail notification stuck on Samsung phones, and won’t go away at all. We’ve prepared this article to help you remove the notification from the Samsung phone.
- 1 Fix Voicemail Won’t Go Away on Samsung S21Ultra, S21, S21Plus
- 1.1 Voicemail Notification Won’t Go Away? Listen To Your Voicemail
- 1.2 Reboot the Phone
- 1.3 Force Stop Phone App
- 1.4 Send yourself a New Voicemail
- 1.5 Clear Cache and Data
- 1.6 Try Safe Mode
- 1.7 Switching Off Voicemail And Using Call Forwarding
- 1.8 Factory Reset Device
- 1.9 Hope You Stop Voicemail Notifications From Being Stuck
- 1.10 Why Doesn’t Samsung Notify When I Have A Voicemail?
Fix Voicemail Won’t Go Away on Samsung S21Ultra, S21, S21Plus
Voicemail Notification Won’t Go Away? Listen To Your Voicemail
First thing first, to clear out voicemail notifications, you need to listen first to all voicemail messages. And once completely listen, it will automatically get clear.
Reboot the Phone
Starting the tutorial with restarting the device, if voicemail stuck on Samsung S21, then restarting the device should be your first choice. If it is caused due to some random bug or app glitch, then it would easily go away.
- Press and hold the Side button and choose Power Off option from the Power menu.
- Thereafter, again press and hold the Power button until the phone reboots.
Force Stop Phone App
Voicemail is a feature of Phone App, so force closing the Phone App will force stop all the functionalities of it, from background. Just in case, the app or device is stuck in loop, doing this will fix the problem with stuck voicemail.
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down to Applications.
- Select Phone
- Tap Force stop.
Send yourself a New Voicemail
This might sound crazy, but when the device will receive new Voicemail, it might be possible the stuck voicemails will get pushed, on receiving the new voicemail.
Clear Cache and Data
Yet another worth trying trick is to clear data and clear cache of the Phone App. This will remove all the temporary files and data related to your Phone app. If in case there’s any corrupted file or data associated with the Phone app, that will be deleted from the device.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Open the Applications menu
- Find and tap on Phone App.
- Tap Clear Cache.
- Tap Clear Data.
Try Safe Mode
In safe mode, all the third-party applications and features gets disabled, sometimes, downloading the app from unknown source brings malware to the device and that could affect your device in one or another way. That’s why we are recommending you to enable Safe Mode on Samsung S21, S21Plus, S21Ultra.
- Press and hold the Side button.
- When the Power menu appears, touch and hold the Power off button and then select Safe mode.
Switching Off Voicemail And Using Call Forwarding
It’s time to switch off voicemail and use call forwarding if you can’t get rid of new voicemail notifications on Samsung. However, the voicemail services are configure and control by the network provider. So lastly, if you have made up your mind to turn off voicemail, Contact Network Provider. Similarly, if you want to incoming call to be unanswered or to be forwarded, follow the instruction below.
- Head to the Phone App and then select More Options (Three-Vertical Dots). Choose Settings.
- Select Supplementary Services.
- Choose Call Forwarding.
- Configure, how and when you would prefer to forward calls.
- Re-write the number to forward the calls, and lastly select Update.
However, if you don’t want to use call forwarding, can give try to factory reset.
Factory Reset Device
Before you decide to Factory Reset Device, keep note that all the data and applications will be deleted along with personal files, images, videos, etc.
- Open the Settings app.
- Find and tap on General management.
- Select Reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Select Reset.
Hope You Stop Voicemail Notifications From Being Stuck
I can consider the mention above troubleshooting might have fix the voicemail notification on Samsung S22 series. In case, you haven’t go it out, you must Contact Samsung Support in order to get further assistance.
Why Doesn’t Samsung Notify When I Have A Voicemail?
Nothing to do, simply head to the Settings > Notifications and makesure that the Notification toggle are turn on for the appplication.