Table of Contents Show
USB Not Detecting Samsung S21, S21Ultra, S21Plus? You tried connecting a Samsung phone with PC, but Windows PC didn’t recognize Samsung S21? No worries, this article will show you several basic steps to deal with the software bugs that could be corrupting the USB Connection between PC and device. If trying the below-mentioned solutions didn’t work for you, then connecting with Samsung Support team would be necessary to examine for a hardware fault.
Samsung S21 USB not connecting to the computer? Try this below-mentioned workaround and get it fixed.
Fix USB Connection Not Working Samsung S21, S21Ultra, S21Plus
Tricked That Works For Other: Use Trusted Cables: Samsung Falgships are always picky when it comes to the cables, it always recommended to use Sasmung Official Cable. Moreoever, keep you phone is unlocked when connects to your phone.
My phone is not connecting to PC via USB Cable, is that the same with you? Perform simple yet effective troubleshooting, Reboot Phone. Yes, you heard right, restarting not refreshes the Device’s Memory but also fixes the Bug.
Starting off the tutorial, make sure you’ve connected the Cable to the Phone correctly. Sometimes, in a hurry, we don’t connect the cable completely and that’s the reason why Samsung S21 won’t recognize by PC. Give it a try.
Change Settings on Phone
On connecting the device to the PC, in a notification bar, you would receive an option to choose whether you want to Charge, Transfer Photos, Transfer Files, or more. By selecting appropriate option, the USB connect might start working.
- Pull down the Notification panel, and tap on that option.
- Switch to USB File Transfer, or Charging phone only or any other option and see if it detects.
Check Your Samsung Phone For Hardware Problems
Along with the Software; hardware also plays important while connecting two peripherals with each other. PC won’t recognize the Samsung phone, the hardware problem can be the reason to look on. So it’s time to identify the hardware of the Samsung Phone.
- Link-up the phone to a computer directly, keep in mind, there is not USB HUB, Docks, or Adapter. In you using various connectors, give each one chance individually, and hold for a moment until the connection is established.
- Next, ensure the Samsung phone is locked. The first signal when you connect the phone; it Vibrates or Rings. If there is no such sign means, there is a hardware issue. Check the USB Port, plus the Cable too. If those are culprit the expert always recommend carrying the Phone to Technician.
Check Cable for Damage
Are you using original USB-C cable that came with the phone? Is the condition of cable is good? The broken or stranded cables can be a reason why the Samsung S21 USB not recognized by Windows PC. Alternatively, borrow a cable from your neighbor or friend and try connecting the Samsung S21 to other laptop or PC to rule out every possibility.
Update Phone and Apps
Another trick to fix USB not recognizing Samsung S21 Ultra is to update all the installed apps along with the system software.
Connect the device to Wi-Fi connection and proceed with the steps.
To Update Apps:
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Tap on three-bars.
- Tap My apps & games.
- Select Update All.
To Update Phone:
- Open the Settings
- Search Software Update.
3. Tap Download And Install option and update it.
Apart from the outdated OS on the Samsung phone; S21 USB not recognized can also be due to outdated Windows. Check for the update, if available, download and install; Right Now!
How Do I Enable USB Transfer Samsung?
As of now, all the Samsung flagships are craved with exceptional features, and one such true feature is Different USB Modes that you can use when connecting to a PC. The notifications pops-up when you connect the Samsung to the PC prompting to transfer files. In case USB cable only charging not transferring data; follow the given below steps.
- Gently connect the Samsung phone with PC using a trusted or Official Samsung Cable and wait until the device gets recognized. After this you will receive Android Notifications consuming options File Transfer or Cable Charging.
- From the notification, select Transfer Files or MTP. That’s It!
Is your phone charging?
If your Samsung S21 is not charging then there could be an issue with the charging port. And in other case, the phone is charging fast but only USB not detecting then jump to next solution.
Download Android Smart Switch And Update Driver
Samsung S21 USB device not recognized? It’s time to install the Smart Switch, as of now and forever, it enables automatic download the latest version of driver.
- First of all Download Smart Switch.
- To Upgrade the Windows 10 Drive, choose Start from the left bottom corner of Windows on the keyboard.
- Go to Universal Serial Bus and find Samsung Driver and right-click on it.
- Choose Update Driver and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Reset All Settings
Another worth trying solution is to reset all settings on your phone. This will reset all the customized settings on the device, but won’t delete any personal data like contacts, photos, videos, etc.
- Go to the Settings.
- Tap on General management > Reset.
3. Select Reset All settings > Reset Settings.
Wipe Cache Partition
The Samsung Phone might have a corrupted cache; want to get rid of Galaxy S21 USB device not supported, follow the below steps to Wipe Cache partition.
- Switch Off the Samsung Phone. Press the Power and Volume Keys simultaneously. Keep pressing the Keys until the Android Menu visible on the screen. Press Volume Buttons to go to Wie Cache Partition.
- To give confirmation, press Power Button.
- Once again, press the Volume Keys and highlight Yes and press the Power Key to give confirmation.
- The Reboot System Now option will appear on the screen.
- Give confirmation using the Power Button.
Try USB Debugging
Issue still continues, perform USB debugging on your Samsung phone.
- Go to Settings > About Phone > Keep pressing on the Build Number constantly until you receive You Are Now A Developer.
- After this, choose Settings > Developer Options. Enable USB Debugging.
- After this, restart the phone and reconnect the phone. But keep in mind, always use the Trusted USB Cable.
And if the issue seems like never ending delimma, simply factory reset the phone.
Factory Reset Phone
Still S21 USB not recognized, the solution you can try is to Factory reset the Samsung Galaxy Flagship. The troubleshooting steps will bring back the device to its default settings, so any Settings hindering such an issue will get fixed. Here is how you can factory reset the phone.
- Go to Settings > General Management.
- Next, choose Reset > Factory Reset.
3. Select Reset.
Hope so, Samsung USB file transfer not working might get fixed after factory resetting.
Try Using Different Port
The port to which your phone is connected might have got corrupted or damage. In this case, try cleaning the port using cotton swab, even after it it doesn’t work, try connecting to the alternative port.
Contact Samsung Support
If nothing works for you, there might be a hardware issue and that can only be fixed by the Samsung Technical Team. Let them examine the issue and if possible they might ask for repair or replacement.
How To Connect S21 To PC With USB?
Keep your phone unlocked, and then connect the Samsung phone to PC using the Trusted Cable. Next, your phone will vibrate along with a pop-up, scroll down the notification panel and select it. Choose either MTP or Transferring Files.