Over the decades, NFC has germinated tremendously to boost Contactless Payment. You need to simply tap on the screen of the Smartwatch and move towards the terminal to make the entire procedure simple. In the end, it’s merely only when it works in a perfect direction. As of now, there are chances where you have not accurately Set Up Samsung Pay On the Galaxy Watch due to which you might continuously experience contactless payment not working on the Samsung Watch.
If you completely entrust the contactless payment, you would always want it to work faultlessly every single time. It’s an odd situation if your transaction doesn’t succeed while buying. So if the issue seems to be familiar to your Samsung Galaxy Watch, here are the best way to fix NFC not working on the Galaxy Watch5 series.
- 1 How To Fix NFC Not Working On Samsung Galaxy Watch
- 1.1 Ensure That Terminal Machine Is Not Faulty
- 1.2 Assure NFC Is Enabled
- 1.3 Place The Watch Perfectly On the Receiver Terminal
- 1.4 Remove Your Screen Protector
- 1.5 Restart Your Watch
- 1.6 Clear Cache Of NFC On The Connected Phone
- 1.7 Reset Network Settings
- 1.8 Why Samsung Pay Won’t Work On My Watch?
- 1.9 Where Is NFC On Samsung Galaxy Watch 5?
How To Fix NFC Not Working On Samsung Galaxy Watch
If NFC stops working on the Samsung Galaxy Watch, here are a bunch of effective and efficient solutions to fix it.
Ensure That Terminal Machine Is Not Faulty
Considering your watch is always faulty is the wrong way to fix any issue. As of now, there are chances where the terminal machine to which you are making a payment is corrupted. In this case, ask the Owner about the terminal machine. If that’s not the culprit behind the Samsung Galaxy Watch NFC payment stopped working; simply move to the next trick.
Assure NFC Is Enabled
NFC terminal and tags are only being read when the NFC feature is enabled on the Galaxy Watch5. However, it’s a basic that mostly gets missed out, so it’s better to check it.
- Step 1 → Open the Apps Tray > Settings Icon.
- Step 2 → Select Connections > NFC.
- Step 3 → On the next screen, verify if NFC is enabled or not.
Nevertheless, it’s better to disable and enable it as it can fix the minor bugs causing Samsung Pay to fail to make a payment.
Place The Watch Perfectly On the Receiver Terminal
Sometimes, the inaccurate placement of the watch over the terminal can cause Google Pay not to work on the Samsung Galaxy Watch. However, we suggest to re-try placing the watch over the terminal and let see if the issue gets fixed or not. As of now, placing the watch in the wrong full manner can cause an uncertain problem.
Remove Your Screen Protector
The screen protector is always useful but sometimes purchasing the Bad or Thick Screen Protector For Samsung Galaxy Watch5 can block the normal functioning of watches. So if you have recently purchased a screen protector after which you have experienced Galaxy Watch5 Pro NFC not working. Try removing the screen protector, and see if the issue gets fixed or not.
Restart Your Watch
A bunch of issues; complex and simple can get completely ruled out performing the traditional solution, Restarting the Galaxy Watch. If you are not familiar with how to restart the Samsung Galaxy Watch, then follow the given below steps.
- Step 1 → Search for the Home and Power Buttons located on the right side of the watch and press both keys concurrently. Doing so will switch off the Galaxy Watch Screen.
- Step 2 →Let out both the Keys once the screen brightens up and Samsung Logo highlights on the screen.
After completion of restarting procedure, as always retry making a contactless payment. And if, Android Pay not working on Galaxy Watch; move to the next troubleshooting step.
Clear Cache Of NFC On The Connected Phone
Have an issue with any application or procedure on the Galaxy Watch, just like Google Pay (NFC payment) not working on Galaxy Watch4. Clearing the cache is the better option to go with on phone. Here below are the steps to clear cache of NFC service on the Andriod Smartphone.
- Step 1 → Go to Settings Application > Apps.
- Step 2 → Select See All Apps.
- Step 3 → Choose Three-Vertical Dots present in the upper right corner.
- Step 4 → Tap Show System Apps > NFC Service.
- Step 5 → Hit Storage > Clear Cache.
After clearing the cache, instantly restart the phone. However, this workaround is only applicable with Android phones.
Reset Network Settings
Did you go through all the feasible workarounds and nothing works in your direction? Resetting Network Settings on the Galaxy Watch could be a lifesaver. However, when you reset networking everything like Wi-Fi, Cellular and Bluetooth reset to default settings.
- Step 1 → Go to Settings > Connections.
- Step 2 → Tap Mobile Networks > Mobile Plan.
- Step 3 → Select Reset All Mobile Plans.
- Step 4 → To carry on with the procedure, select Radio Button Symbol. And in case if asked, enter the Password or PIN.
- Step 5 → At last, select Reset.
Here we end up with an effective and efficient solution to fix the NFC payment stop working on Galaxy Watch.
Why Samsung Pay Won’t Work On My Watch?
In case, if Samsung Pay isn’t working accurately, the most prominent reason is Samsung Pay Plug-In. However, uninstalling and reinstalling plug-in along with Galaxy Wearable App can work wonders.
Where Is NFC On Samsung Galaxy Watch 5?
In case you don’t know how to enable or disable the NFC on the Galaxy Watch; on your watch head to Settings > Connections > NFC > tap on the toggle to either enable or disable it.