Table of Contents Show
- Fix Mac, MacBook Running Slow After Updating to MacOS Monterey, Big Sur, or Earlier
- Why Mac Running Slow After Update?
- My Mac Got Slow Just After An macOS Update! What Should I Do?
- macOS Slow Right! Just After An Update
- Clean Up Your Crowded Home Screen
- Take An Help Of Activity Monitor To Kill Background And Apps
- Update To The Latest Version Software
- Reduce Motion And Transparency
- Verify Storage Space
- Clear-Out Startup Apps
- Clear Cache
- Reset SMC/NVRAM
- Upgrade HDD To SDD
Just after an update, you might think why the MacBook speed slows down just after an update? or how should I improve the speed of the MacBook pro? Well, no worries! This is genuine behavior of the users who are going through an unwanted and unaccepted sudden change in the Mac.
There are various culprits behind this, so keeping the problem apart, let’s continue reading the article as we have worked on it and made a bunch of tricks to speed up the performance of Mac.
Fix Mac, MacBook Running Slow After Updating to MacOS Monterey, Big Sur, or Earlier
Why Mac Running Slow After Update?
Before you perform any of the fixes, let consider below mentioned workaround first and get at the root cause of the problem.
Software Issues:- The first thing you must consider for issue is whether in software or app is the main cause of the problem behind macOS slowdown just after update. See if there is an application incompatible with the device, or else macOS having issues or glitches with its aspect? If that’s the case, you should be considered below mentioned tips and tricks to fix MacBook slowdown after an update.
Hardware Problems:- If you have experienced random falls on the floor there are chances where the device has encountered physical damage of part. In such a case, you need to take the device to the nearer apple store. To get it fixed.
My Mac Got Slow Just After An macOS Update! What Should I Do?
macOS Slow Right! Just After An Update
If you have encountered and mac running slow after update, then an effective and efficient fix is you can try restarting the mac. Most services and apps can still continue starting and running all the culprit resources that lead, mac running slow after big-sur update.
- Press on the Apple Icon and feature the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Restart Option and begin the restart process.
Clean Up Your Crowded Home Screen
This workaround is as simple as butter on the bread but as effective as medicine for any illness. This means if the home screen of the device is filled with various software, apps, widgets, and more. Which takes lots of device performance and results in to MacBook pro running very slow and freezing. So we recommend clearing out all the un-used and unnecessary apps, widgets, and icons from the home screen. Lastly, after clearing out all the things from the home screen, bring back all the apps and features which are regularly used.
Take An Help Of Activity Monitor To Kill Background And Apps
The following workaround is not easy as the above mentioned, but it does help to fix mac running slow after an update and on the other hand, it increases the performance of the device. Usually, the app runs in the background for better access, but the only drawback is, it completely eats up the CPU and RAM. Which ultimately results in mac running slow after update 2021. To prevent this, simply follow the given below steps.
- Navigate to the Application Folder and select Utilities.
- Now double tap on the Activity Monitor to make it running.
- After the screen appears as a screenshot, navigate to CPU tab, here you will feature the currently running application in the background.
- Choose anyone from them.
- Lastly, click X option to complete disallow app running in the background.
Update To The Latest Version Software
macOS Monterey still has the beta version, and it includes with a variety of bugs that you can’t handle. So we suggest to regularly version of the software to prevent all the bugs to result in mac pro very slow and unresponsive.
- Hit on the Apple Symbol present at the left top corner.
- Choose System Preferences > Software Update and see if there is availability of an update.
- Then hit Software Update.
- This will begin the update procedure, and after the completion, and you will feature greeted latest build.
Now you will accept the better optimization and performance as apple is running with uncovered OS.
Reduce Motion And Transparency
The transparency and motion visual effect is the best option to be considered as it increases macOS experience more advance and better. But how it works? They take some performance that is used by the other apps and make the laptop faster than usual. Hence, the one way to prevent if your mac runs slowly is turn off the Reduce motion and transparency.
- Select the Apple Option present at the left top corner of the screen.
- Choose the System Preferences.
- Select Accessibility > Display.
- Lastly, decrease the Reduce motion and transparency checkboxes and exit the Accessibility.
Doing so will neglect all transparency and motion animation which may look weird, but you will receive it reasonably later.
Verify Storage Space
Another thing you can consider that can downgrade the performance of the MacBook is the availability of storage space. For example, if your device has 128 GB storage and out of which you have only 5 GB left and hence the device might experience some random bugs and also might degrade the speed of the MacBook. If you are experiencing the same problem, we suggest using theCleanMyMac X. And to run this software you need the free storage space up to 70 GB to make it run seamless and smooth.
- Hit on the Apple Symbol present on the left top.
- Select “About This Mac”.
- Choose Storage and will receive the pop-up.
- After this, you can hit on the Manage and with the help of the Optimized Storage you can clear out all junk files.
Clear-Out Startup Apps
Well, everything has its pros and cons, similarly with a start-up app. The apps are helpful, but at the same time, it will degrade the performance. So we suggest to disable those startup apps to prevent MacBook Pro from running slow. To do so simply follow the given below steps.
- Navigate to System Preferences and hit on the Apple Symbol and choose the respective tab.
- Select Users And Groups > User > Login Items.Now you will capture the list of startup apps and can simply remove them by hitting on the “-” option.
The term cache is one of the most important things to run the application or a device smoothly. And many users didn’t know that macOS also have a cache. And if this cache is corrupted there are chances where you may encounter MacBook pro not working smoothly. Well, there are various types of cache such as browser cache, system cache, and user cache. We didn’t suggest clearing out the system cache as it ultimately messes with the application in the device. Rather than you can go with browser cache, to do so simply follow the given below steps.
- Navigate to Finder > Go > Go To Folder.
- Now, write the following path ~/Library/Caches and select Enter.
- Just after this, you will receive a folder, and you have to choose the cache files and clear out them.
Only remember do not confuse with the system cache as it invites many issues and glitches, which will ultimately create a worst scenario.
Still, nothing works to fix MacBook pro very slow and unresponsive, you should go with resetting NVRAM and SMC. So, only perform this when none of the above-mentioned tricks works to fix the problem.
Reset SMC MacBook Pro, MacBook Air
- Switch off MacBook and detach the charging cable if connected.
- Wait for a couple of seconds and plug back the charger in.
- Now move the MacBook around by pressing the Shift + Option + Control + Power Buttons for a few seconds and let out all the buttons as your device turns on.
Reset SMC iMac, Mac Mini, or Mac Pro
- Switch off mac and detach the power cable right from the back-side of the device.
- Hold for a couple of seconds and plug in the power cable.
- Lastly, hold for a few seconds and turn on your device.
- Switch off your device and wait for a couple of seconds.
- Now, enable your mac or MacBook pro by pressing the Option + Command + P + R buttons till the device restart.
- Let out the buttons and restart.
Upgrade HDD To SDD
Nowadays, you will know SDD is a high-performance computer and laptop. If you have recently bought the Mac, then there is a high possibility it comes with SDD. If it’s not you must consider SDD in the wish list. Because SDD is more faster compared to HDD and significantly prevents mac from running slow after big sur update.