macOS is craved with a different variety of features but just after installing the macOS Monterey many users encountered various kinds of problems such as Bluetooth is slow, Bluetooth radio not working on Monterey, Bluetooth signal dropping off, and many more.
If you have a similar issue with Bluetooth, then you came to the right spot. This blog will help to fix all the issues related with Bluetooth macOS Monterey.
- 1 Fix Mac, MacBook Bluetooth Not Working on macOS Monterey
- 1.1 What The Most Of the User Encountered
- 1.2 Why Bluetooth Is Not Working On MacOS Monterey?
- 1.3 Bluetooth Error In Monterey: Bluetooth Preference Pane Won’t Load
- 1.4 Debug Bluetooth: Reset Bluetooth Module
- 1.5 How To Reset Bluetooth On Mac: Clear Cache Preference
- 1.6 Remove All Bluetooth Devices
- 1.7 Reset Or Clear Bluetooth From Mac System Folder
- 1.8 Reset SMC
- 1.9 Verify Device
- 1.10 MacBook Pro Bluetooth Not Finding Devices Or Add Bluetooth To Mac
- 1.11 Verify macOS Is Updated With the Latest Version
- 1.12 Use CleanMyMac X To Polish Your MacOS Performance
Fix Mac, MacBook Bluetooth Not Working on macOS Monterey
What The Most Of the User Encountered
- Bluetooth Signal Dropping Off.
- Bluetooth Radio Not Working On Monterey.
- USB-Adapter Gets Disconnected.
- Bluetooth Radio Not Working On Monterey.
- Bluetooth Is Slow.
Why Bluetooth Is Not Working On MacOS Monterey?
Bluetooth Error In Monterey: Bluetooth Preference Pane Won’t Load
Just after an update of MBP M1 and Bluetooth preference will not load easily. The Bluetooth preference pane in system preferences features: The issue related to the Preference error – could not load Bluetooth preference pane. For this, press the Shift + Option, and other later clues are not working. But according to the experts, in macOS Monterey, there is not the appearance of Debug option featuring if I press Shift + Option and hit the Bluetooth present at the top menu bar. Well in such a case, you try resetting the Bluetooth in Monterey.
Debug Bluetooth: Reset Bluetooth Module
This efficient fixture solves all the problems and recovers discounting issues, right from the keyboard press Option + Shift Buttons, and hit on the Bluetooth Symbol present at the top menu bar. Shortcut buttons are similar to macOS Monterey and more. Simple look at the immediate effect:
How To Reset Bluetooth On Mac: Clear Cache Preference
Another workaround to the MacBook pro-2020 Bluetooth issue resetting the Bluetooth mac with the help of terminal. To do so, follow the given below steps.
- Navigate to Terminal Application.
- Hit Utilities and another alternative for this directly search from the Spotlight.
- Now what you need to do is, copy the below mentioned one by one and reset the Bluetooth using a terminal.
- sudo kextunload -b com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport
sudo kextload -b
Remove All Bluetooth Devices
Some users experienced, the problem is that Bluetooth devices constantly disconnect from mac. If you have gone through the same problem, then definitely the culprit is the Bluetooth devices. The handy fix is, clear out all the devices.
- Press the Option + Shift Buttons.
- Touch the Bluetooth Symbol.
- Choose Remove All Devices.
- Lastly, hit OK.
Once the task is completed, repair all the used Bluetooth gadgets. After that, see if the issue is fixed or not.
Reset Or Clear Bluetooth From Mac System Folder
The next one for macOS Monterey Bluetooth not working is clear out the Bluetooth right from the mac system folder.
- Navigate to Finder on the mac.
- From Top Menu, hit Go.
- Now click Go To Folder.
- Write -/Library/Preferences and tap on the Go. Now search for file named as, com.apple.bluetooth.plist
- We suggest to back-up the file on the desktop after that Delete folder from the preference.
After the completion simply restart the device and see if Bluetooth mouse not working on a mac is fixed or not.
According to past experience, resetting the SMC might fix the Bluetooth not working on big sur. For this firstly identify which processor does the mac. If your mac has an Apple silicon M1 chip, then resetting the SMC will not fix macOS Monterey Bluetooth not working. But your device contains Intel T2 then follow the given below steps.
- Turn off the mac.
- On the keyboard, press the below-mentioned buttons.
- Control on the left side of your keyboard.
- Option (Alt) on the left side of your keyboard.
- Shift on the right side of your keyboard.
- Keep pressing all three buttons for a minimum of 10 seconds, then press the Power Key. If your mac is turned on, it will disable as you press the buttons.
- Keep pressing all the buttons for a couple of seconds, then let out them.
- Now press the Power Button to enable your mac.
Around the bunch of Bluetooth and Apple devices with a similar name, how to verify the exact mechanisms from Bluetooth mac address. Once the device is linked with the invitation ultimately didn’t link with the desired device, and which ultimately results in intel Bluetooth Monterey not working.
- Navigate to Apple Menu.
- Select About This Mac > System Report.
- Choose Hardware > Bluetooth.
- Now look at the screen and go to Bluetooth mac address format: The first option will feature saved device or will search connected.
- Bluetooth mac address lookup: This option will feature All Bluetooth-related details.
MacBook Pro Bluetooth Not Finding Devices Or Add Bluetooth To Mac
Restart your Bluetooth & mac that encounters the Bluetooth connectivity issue on macOS Monterey. We recommend keeping Bluetooth for 30 meters or less.
- Manually search the device, tap on the Bluetooth Symbol located at the top menu.
- Hit Browse File On Device.
Verify macOS Is Updated With the Latest Version
If the device doesn’t have the latest version of software then you will receive Bluetooth not working on macOS Monterey. So recommend updating Bluetooth driver mac or else verifying the device has the latest version of software. To do so, simply follow the given below steps.
- Navigate to the Apple Logo right from the mac menu.
- After that hit System Preference > Software Update.
- Select App Store and search for the updates available on the present macOS version installed in MacBook, Mac, and Mac Mini.
If there is an availability of an update, then instantly update.
Use CleanMyMac X To Polish Your MacOS Performance
Using the CleanMyMac or any other application, the macOS Monterey will automatically polish. This script comes with optimizing the database and verifying the errors. So regularly running the maintenance script will help to fix Bluetooth not working macOS Monterey or else in big sur. For this, all you need to do is download and install the CleanMyMac X on your device and follow the given below steps.
- Open the CleanMyMac X.
- Choose Maintenance present in the sidebar.
- Hit Run Maintenance Scripts.
- At last, choose Run to begin the task.
I hope this workaround help to get rid of Bluetooth not working on MacBook pro after an installation on macOS Monterey.