Most people who use discord are pro gamers who like to play multiplayer games. No matter, if you are enjoying discord with your teammates, friends, or a family member, it feels irritating if discord crashes on a Samsung phone or any Android phone.
Imagine you are playing a multiplayer tournament and you are not able to use voice chat discord. This might make you feel tense but don’t panic! You can fix discord that keeps crashing. There are various workaround to fix it, continue reading the article and perform those mentioned steps.
- 1 Fix Discord App Keeps Crashing on Samsung
- 1.1 What Cause Discord Crash On Samsung Phone?
- 1.2 Is Discord Down?
- 1.3 Restart Phone
- 1.4 Check Phone Storage
- 1.5 Disable Adaptive Brightness
- 1.6 Toggle VPN
- 1.7 Disable Hardware Scaling
- 1.8 Disable Hardware Acceleration
- 1.9 Disable GIF AutoPlay
- 1.10 Ignore Using Experimental Features On Discord
- 1.11 Clear App Cache
- 1.12 Update Discord App
- 1.13 Reinstall Discord App
- 1.14 Avoid Discord Crashing!
Fix Discord App Keeps Crashing on Samsung
What Cause Discord Crash On Samsung Phone?
Discord app crashing gif, or discord stuck on connection is usually due to issue from Discord side. It can be due to high traffic or internet connectivity issues, or else a corrupted app. Considering all the possibilities we have mentioned some of the effective workarounds to fix Discord crashing gifs on Samsung.
Is Discord Down?
Well, if that’s the case, there’s nothing that can be done. Check the Discord Status and if it is in operation, move ahead with solutions otherwise, keep checking the Discord Status until the service gets operational.
The first workaround to fix Discord crashing is a simple restart. It is an as effective solution to fix problematic app issue or issue within the app memory, thus it’s worth performing. To restart your Samsung phone, follow the steps.
- Press the Power Button to feature the Power Off menu.
- Right from the Power Off menu, select Green Restart Icon. Wait until the procedure is finished.
After the completion of the procedure, try closing or removing background running apps. Now check if discord mobile keeps crashing on startup persist.
Check Phone Storage
Whenever the application keeps crashing on phone, always ensure that the device has an adequate amount of storage. Because apps need storage space to run smoothly. If your Samsung phone storage space is full, Free Up Space!
- Navigate to the Settings.
- Choose Storage > Device Care.
- Select Storage. The total amount of space available in the phone will appear.
That being said, if the device storage is filled up to 90% of memory, then clearing unwanted data is considered to fix discord that keeps crashing on mobile.
Disable Adaptive Brightness
The adaptive brightness feature helps the Samsung owner to have perfect viewing in the sunlight. But unfortunately, the same aspect leads to the discord app keeps crashing. To fix such type of problem, we suggest disabling the adaptive brightness feature on the Samsung phone. To do so, follow the given below steps.
- Go to Settings > Device Care.
- Choose Battery.
- Search and hit on the Adaptive Brightness feature and turn it off.
Let’s now see if the discord crash is fixed or not.
VPN might affect the Discord app, or might improve, can’t say anything. Toggling the VPN Off or On could fix the issue with Discord App. Give it a try.
Disable Hardware Scaling
Discord app comes with a bunch of experimental features, which ultimately increase the user experience. But unfortunately, the same bunch of feature can be a reason discord apps keeps crashing on Android phone. One such aspect is Hardware scaling. Disable it and see if the issue still persists or not.
- Hit on the Discord App present in the right-bottom corner.
- At the right bottom of the Users Setting screen, hit Voice & Video. Swipe down and tap on the toggle present to the Enable Hardware Scaling.
- Restart the phone.
Here is the end, after that check mobile discord constant crash is fixed or not. If not, move ahead.
Disable Hardware Acceleration
Another culprit behind discord mobile keeps crashing is Hardware acceleration. The task of this feature is, that it uses hardware to speed up the rendering speed of video and image. So turning it off can be a suitable solution. To do so follow the given below steps.
- Navigate to the Discord Settings > Voice & Video.
- Swipe down to the Low-Latency Hardware Acceleration menu. You will encounter three features related to the hardware acceleration.
Disable GIF AutoPlay
The most common but surprising reason behind discord frequent app crashing is the GIF autoplay feature. even though the aspect comes in a list of pre-enabled features, if you are frequently experiencing discord freezing with a system UI and crashing after update, it’s better to turn it off.
- Navigate to the Discord App in your device.
- Choose Profile Icon located at the right bottom corner.
- Head towards User Settings.
- Swipe down to the App Settings > Accessibility.
- Disable toggle next to the “Automatically GIFs When Possible”.
Ignore Using Experimental Features On Discord
Discord app in Samsung phone comes with experimental features to receive access before launching on all the gadgets. But on the other side, all these features are done for experiments, which can ultimately degrade the performance of the device and result in to freezing and crashing of the discord app. So for a better experience simply disable those experimental features.
- Navigate to the Discord App.
- Hit Profile Icon.
- Go to User Settings.
- Swipe down to App Settings and choose Voice & Video.
- Right below the Video, tap on the toggle to turn off Enable Hardware Scaling.
- Similarly, right below the Low-Latency Hardware Acceleration, choose Let My Operating System Decide.
Clear App Cache
Another most common reason behind discord keeps crashing when typing is a corrupted cache. Well, a cache is the most important part of the app. That helps the application function faster and better. To fix it, you can clear the cache of the discord app.
- Long press on the Discord App and tap on the App Info right from the menu.
- Tap Storage.
- Tap on Clear Cache.
- Restart the device and see if discord immediately crashing is fixed or not.
Update Discord App
Updating the discord application can fix minor glitches and bugs that prevent the proper functioning of an application. Hence we suggest verifying that the discord app has the latest version, if not so, update it through a Google Play or Galaxy Store, simply search the Discord app and tap Update.
Reinstall Discord App
Still can’t figure out the issue with the Discord App, let’s delete and reinstall the Discord App. Press and hold the Discord App and select (x) to uninstall the app.
Avoid Discord Crashing!
I hope you can fix the bugs causing the discord not working on Samsung Phone. In case if it’s not solved, try using the discord from the mobile browser.