Is Signal app immediately crashing when opening on Android? You’re at the right place, today we’ll show you some of the potential workarounds to deal with Signal App crashing problems, which is the easiest way possible. Signal is cross-platform Private Messenger like WhatsApp, Messenger, and other messaging apps. Furthermore, it has been found that Signal features advanced privacy technology to ensure your data stays safe and secure.
Fix Signal App Crashing on Samsung, OnePlus, Google Pixel, other Android Phones
Restart the Phone
Before getting into advanced solutions, we’ll advise you to reboot the phone. Over time, the phone stores a lot of caches to make the app faster, but to some extent that cache needs to be clear, otherwise the app starts crashing randomly.
- Press and hold the Power button and select Power Off.
- Once the phone is completely off, press and hold the Power button until it boots.
Update Signal App
Since Signal App is getting good responses across the world, the developers might be fixing multiple bugs and errors after reported by users. We don’t know whether it’s a common glitch, or you’re the only one with this issue, in such a scenario keeping the app up to date seems to be the right choice.
- Go to Google Play.
- Tap on the hamburger menu.
- Tap My apps & games.
- Find and Update Signal App.
Clear Cache and Data
Another reason behind app crashing is corrupted data or files associated with the Signal App. Since you’re no expert, neither am I, so we’ll clear the cache and data of the entire Signal App to remove the corrupted data in one step. Though, it won’t delete any personal data of yours.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap on Apps or Applications.
- Scroll down and tap on Signal.
- Select Storage.
- Then, Clear Cache and Clear Data.
Update Android Phone
Not to mention, keeping the device up to date should be your priority, to prevent such bigger problems with apps and system. Connect the device to Wi-Fi and make sure it is charged at least 50%.
- Open the Settings app.
- Search Software update and update the phone.
Wait for Next Update
In the end, all you can do is wait for the next update, report the app crashing issue to Signal Developers, and keep watch on this article, we’ll surely update with new solutions.
- How to Improve PS5 Controller Battery: Workable Tips
- Best Samsung Tablets To Buy in 2021
- Best MicroSD Cards for Samsung Phones: For 8K Video Recording and Storing