A software update is one of the best things you receive on your device. it offers new features to your smartphone, patches vulnerabilities, fixes bugs, and more. Usually, android devices receive regular updates to fix bugs and offer new features. And these updates are being modified for every feature of the device. So neglecting such types of updates is quite horrible.
Nowadays users of Samsung S21 Plus encounter such types of issues, well it could be due to lower battery, less storage space, poor network connection, and more. Due to this your phone doesn’t receive updates or else not able to install the updates, so it’s better to follow the given below steps.
- 1 Samsung S21, S21Plus, S21Ultra Stuck on Downloading Updates?
- 1.1 Check Internet Connection
- 1.2 Disable VPN
- 1.3 Update your device using the OTA method
- 1.4 Update the device from a PC using Smart Switch
- 1.5 Perform a soft reset
- 1.6 Install Updates In Safe Mode
- 1.7 Wipe Cache Partition
- 1.8 Factory Reset
- 1.9 Contact Samsung Support
- 1.10 Get the Replacement
- 1.11 How Do I If My Samsung Phone Needs An Update?
- 1.12 How Do You Open The Samsung Update?
- 1.13 What Is The Latest Update On Samsung?
Samsung S21, S21Plus, S21Ultra Stuck on Downloading Updates?
There are some points you need to consider before the following workaround:
- Your device should have more than 50% battery life.
- Your device should have an active data connection.
- Your device should have internal data storage space.
Check Internet Connection
Make sure to check the internet connectivity before putting the phone for a software update. The Internet plays a major role in downloading and installing smartphone updates, that’s why it is recommended to connect to the strong network connection.
Is your phone connected to VPN? Might be possible that VPN is interrupting the firmware update and the Samsung S21 stuck on a software update. Disconnect the phone from any VPN App or connection and retry for software update.
Update your device using the OTA method
What is the OTA method? Over the air method handover configuration settings, software updates directly to portables like your tablets and smartphone. For that follow the given below steps.
- From the home screen, scroll down from the empty to access the App Tray.
- Go to Settings.
- Hit Software Update.
- Navigate to Download Updates Manually.
- Hold on until the device checks for the update.
- Select OK.
- Tap Start.
- When the restart message features on the screen, select OK.
Update the device from a PC using Smart Switch
Worry-free and seamless, the smart switch makes it quite easy to transfer files, data, photos, and update. No matter if you have an old device, just simply connect the USB cable and transfer the data.
- First of all, download and install the smart switch that is compatible with your device from http://www.samsung.com/us/support/smart-switch-support/#!/.
- Link the one side of the cable compatible with a USB port on your PC.
- Similarly, connect another end with your device.
- Give permits to the computer to install any needed drivers for your phone.
- Go to Smart Switch on your PC, and permit to make a connection with each other.
- If there is availability for your phone, don’t worry! the smart switch will automatically feature the update.
- Tap Update to proceed to download necessary files.
- Select OK.
Perform a soft reset
As we all know soft reset is effective to fix all the minor glitches. This will fix a problem caused due to software glitches and it will refresh device software. In other language, we can call it as stimulation of battery.
- Hold the Volume Low and Power Key for 30-40 seconds.
- Wait until the device restart.
Install Updates In Safe Mode
Next, you must search for the culprit by booting the Samsung phone to Safe Mode. As we all know, Safe Mode is a feature that allows only use of the by-default applications, which means there will be no access to Third-Party Apps.
Booting To Safe Mode aims to know if a wrong coded or corrupted third party is not a reason for S21 5G not updating. Here is how you can do so.
- Press the Power Button to feature the Power Off Menu.
- Keep pressing the Power Off Icon from the Power Off menu until Safe Mode Icon Appears.
- Lastly, choose Green Safe Mode Icon.
Wipe Cache Partition
There is a chance where the cache of the device might get affected due to which several issues like Samsung S21 plus can’t update occurs. So to eliminate all the possible culprits try to perform a wipe cache partition on your device.
- Switch off the device.
- Hold the Volume High Key and Bixby Button, then press the Power Button.
- When the Android symbol appears, let out all keys.
- Hold the Volume Low Button multiple times to feature Wipe Cache Partition.
- Hold the Power Button to select.
- Hold the Volume Low Button to feature YES, then hold the Power Button to select.
- After completion of the Wipe Cache Partition, Reboot System Now will feature.
- Hold the Power Button to restart the phone.
- Afterward, select YES with the help of the Power Button.
- Then select “Reboot System Now” using the Power Button.
Now comes the tough part. Factory Data Reset. If none of the above workaround helps, its time to factory reset the phone to default settings. Keep note that it will delete all the data including Videos, Photos, Contacts, etc. Take a backup and then proceed to reset the phone.
Backup the phone:
- Go to the Settings app.
- Swipe and tap on Accounts and backup.
- Select Back up data under Samsung Cloud.
- Follow on-screen instructions and complete the back up.
Reset the phone:
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap General management.
- Select Reset > Factory data reset.
- Follow on-screen instructions and initiate Factory data reset.
Contact Samsung Support
Last but not the least, still if your Samsung S21 not responding and stuck on updates, its high time to contact Samsung Support. They will examine the phone and give you proper solution, and if needed will use their tools to close the issue and resume the phone like before.
Get the Replacement
Does your phone falls under warranty or is it covered under some insurance? Check for these options, as there might have a chances that the phone will be replaced by Samsung.
How Do I If My Samsung Phone Needs An Update?
More than often if there is an outdated Android OS, your Samsung phone give a sign by freezing and lagging and in some cases it randomly stops the Application from running. Well, you check the availability of update(Settings > Software > Download And Install)
How Do You Open The Samsung Update?
Go to Settings > Software Update > Download And Install, that’s it!
What Is The Latest Update On Samsung?
The One UI 5 is a latest Samsung OS update.