Table of Contents Show
- S Pen Not Working on Note 10, Note 9, Note 8 | S Pen Not Working on Samsung Tab S6, S5e
It should be noted that this article is for S Pen Not Working on Note 10, Note 9, and other Galaxy Note Phones, on the same side, you can use the following solutions when the S Pen Not Working on Tab S6, Tab S5e, and other Galaxy Tablets. Samsung’s one thing that differs from other mobile brands is S Pen for Galaxy Note Series and Galaxy Tablets, no other smartphone producer offers Stylus for the phone. Needless to say, the S Pen is feasible to damage, if can’t use cautiously. These troubleshoot address the most common S Pen issues with Galaxy Note and Galaxy Tab, and how to fix them.
Reckoning the major reasons behind the S Pen Not Connecting, S Pen Air Actions Not Working, S Pen Not Working with Camera, and many other problems, we’ve gathered the best possible solutions to avoid these issues.
S Pen Not Working on Note 10, Note 9, Note 8 | S Pen Not Working on Samsung Tab S6, S5e
Restart the Phone/Tablet
Many users fixed the S Pen not working after an update on Note 10 or screen replacement by just rebooting the device. You can try it too. Press the power button until the Power menu displays, tap on Restart.
Now, wait for the device to get back into action and then see if S Pen is working or still not responding. Otherwise, jump to the next solution.
Remove Accessories from the Device
If you’re using a protective case for Galaxy Note or Samsung Tab, and unable to use the S Pen with the device, it might be possible the heavy metals and texture of the case are preventing S Pen to function correctly. Some materials don’t fit with the device and create a blank spot on the screen or inconsistency while using the Pen on it.
In addition, the screen protector covering the phone or tablets is clean? If not, then take a soft cloth and rub the display before using the S Pen on the screen. Alternatively, an incompatible screen guard could affect the S Pen’s performance, remove if possible or move to the next suggestion.
Update the Phone/Tablet
Go to the Settings app > Software update. But before doing so, connect the device to the Wi-Fi to avoid interruptions and errors while updating the phone. Usually, a good Wi-Fi connection flawlessly updates the phone.
Though, once the update is completed, the device will automatically restart and connect to the S Pen.
Reset S Pen
If S Pen not connecting to Note 10/Note 9 or S Pen not working in games, under such scenarios, the best option is to reset the S Pen and give it a fresh start. Visit the Settings app and search S Pen. Select S Pen Remote > More options > Reset S Pen.
Doing this will reset all of the custom changes of the S Pen to default including remote commands.
Try Safe Mode
For your information, the Safe mode disables all the third-party applications and keeps the device at minimalist settings and processes. Safe mode is a reliable way to identify if the issue is due to a third-party app or something different is going on. Once the device is in Safe mode, try using the S Pen on various applications.
- Press and hold the Power key.
- Touch and hold the Power Off option and choose Safe mode.
- To exit the Safe mode, restart the device as usual.
Wipe cache partition
Wipe cache partition means you’re deleting the phone’s cache.
For Galaxy Note Phones,
- Shut down the phone.
- Press and hold down the Bixby/Power button and Volume up button at the same time.
- Release when Android system recovery like Installing system update shows up. This message will stay on the screen for 30-60 seconds.
- When the recovery menu appears, use the Volume buttons to navigate through the Wipe cache partition.
- Use the Bixby/Power button to select Wipe cache partition.
- Again use the Volume button to highlight the Reboot system now and do it.
For Galaxy Tablets,
- Power off the tab.
- Press and hold the Volume up button and Power button until the Samsung logo shows up.
- Highlight the Wipe cache partition using the volume keys and to activate the wipe cache partition press the Power key.
- Once the wipe cache partition is done, you’ll be asked to Reboot system now, do it.
Replace the S Pen Tip
No matter, if you’re experiencing the issues with S Pen on Galaxy Note or Samsung Tablet, we can always change the S Pen Tip using the toolkit that came in the pack. Prefer the pictured guide by Samsung to faultlessly change the S Pen Tip.
At this point, you’ve two options left: Factory Reset the Device and Buy new S Pen. It’s up to you, which one to take in action first. According to my opinion, borrow an S Pen from your friend to check if there is an issue with S Pen or the phone itself. If the alternate S Pen won’t work with the phone or tab, then buy the new S Pen. In the second case, if the S Pen works correctly, then Factory Resetting the device is your last option.
Factory Reset the Device
Before resetting the device, make sure to back up the device.
- Go to the Settings app > General management > Reset > Factory data reset.
Buy a new S Pen
Here’s an S Pen replacement available on Amazon.
S Pen Not Working on Some Part of Screen
Most likely the S pen only works in a few parts of the display is because of screen defect or the use of a magnetic case. The display will work just normal with the fingers, but when using with S Pen, it doesn’t work on a small part of the screen.
In such situations, verify the screen defects by the following process.
Note: Remove the case from the device and then try using S Pen. The magnetic cases could likely cause dead spots on the screen.
- Launch the Phone app.
- Dial *#0*# and tap S Pen.
- Try S Pen Draw and see if S Pen is working on the dead spot.
- If it doesn’t work there too, then its time to send the phone to the Samsung Service Center for the repair.