Table of Contents Show
It’s eye-popping to see that people have more screenshots than a picture captured from Camera App. The method to take a screenshot on Android devices varies from different model to model and fortunately, there is a number of ways to do it. You can try any of the processes to screenshot the current screen on your Samsung Galaxy S and Note Series devices.
Besides, we’ll also mention how to take scrolling screenshots or long screenshots on Samsung phones including Note 20/10/9, S20Ultra/S20/S10/S10Plus, and more. Let’s see how to do it.
How to Screenshot on Samsung Galaxy Note 20, S20, S10, Note 10 and Any Samsung Phone
Using the Buttons
This is the simplest way to take a screenshot on Samsung Galaxy S20, Note 20, and other devices, just like we do on any other Android phones.
Press Volume Down and Power button at the same time to capture the screenshot.
You can visit the Photos App or Gallery App and open the Screenshot album to preview the recently taken screenshot.
Take a Screenshot using your Palm
By default, this setting is disabled by Samsung, but if you’re curious to learn multiple ways to screenshot the Samsung S10, S20Ultra, S20Plus, S10Plus, Note series, here’s how to enable it.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Scroll down to the Advanced features.
- Tap Motion and gestures.
- Toggle Palm swipe to capture switch to ON.
- Tap on Palm swipe to capture, here you’ll see animation teaching you to take a screenshot using palm on Samsung.
- Follow the tutorial, and try to take a screenshot using palm.
In my opinion, you would need some practice to capture a screenshot using palm, otherwise, this one’s a good alternative if you don’t like to press the hard keys.
Take Screenshot using Bixby Assistant
Samsung’s own Bixby Assistant could help you take a screenshot on compatible devices on your voice command. However, the Bixby Assistant must be set up and configured to use, then only it can be used for a screenshot.
Either use Voice wake-up or press the Bixby button to wake up Bixby before saying the voice command.
- Go to the Bixby home and tap Settings, from here turn on Voice wake-up.
- Say “Hi Bixby” to wake up Bixby and then say “Take a screenshot”.
- Or press the Bixby button and then say “Take a screenshot”.
How to Screenshot Specific Portion of Screen
Not all the devices let you capture a specific portion of the screen, but with the Smart select feature of Samsung phone, it takes a few seconds to do it. In this procedure Edge panel plays a prominent part, besides, you cannot grab the regular-sized screenshot using the edge panel, but only a particular portion. First of all, customize the settings for the edge panel, and then only you can use this method.
- Navigate to the Settings app.
- Select Display.
- Tap Edge screen.
- Go to Edge panels.
- Check box of Smart select option.
- Once you’ve done this, open the screen that you wish to capture, bring the edge panel on the screen and find the Smart select, from there you can choose the shape to grab the screenshot.
How to Take Long Screenshot on Samsung Phone
While taking screenshot did you notice Screenshot flashes and shrink and it later it turns in a small editing tool strip, from there you’ve to tap on down arrow framed by boxes, doing this will take a scrollable screenshot of the current page.