Table of Contents Show
The Samsung Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, S10e are a member of Samsung’s uncommonly well-known Galaxy series of smart device and has existed side-by-side with the Galaxy Note series of smart devices. Similarly, like all other devices that work on the Android OS, the Samsung Galaxy S10 does not have any particular parental control settings. Although, it does have restraint settings that can decrease a child’s uncovering of adult content.
Some parents initialize the third-party application. Which can arrange a secure environment for your children? Fortunately, restraint settings will aid some, and they are easy to install. Parental controls on Samsung S10, S10 Plus, and S10e is done by the following steps,
How to Setup Parental Controls on Samsung S10, S10e, S10Plus
Use a Third-Party App to Set Parental Controls On Samsung Phone
Download the Google app to restrict your child’s applications, limit screen time, set bedtime, and many other features that you don’t want your kid to use.
- Download the Google Family Link for Children & Teens.
- Open the app.
- Tap This device.
- Choose the Google account that you want to keep track of and supervise.
- If the device contains more than one Google account, then all of them will be removed, so your kid won’t use the phone with other Google account.
- Now, download the Google Family Link for parents on the parent device.
- Launch the Google Family Link for parents app on the phone.
- Scroll down to the end, and when the code appears, enter the code in your kid’s phone.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions and complete the setup.
Set Up a Passcode on the device
It is critical that you set a passcode on your children’s phones. By doing this not only it will prevent your device from being accessed by others but it averts your child’s news from being pervaded in the function that the phone is filched.
- From the Main screen, tap and scroll up to feature all apps.
- Hit Settings.
- Open Lock Screen and Security.
- Select Screen Lock Type.
- Tap either 1) Pattern, 2) Pin, or 3) Password.
- The pin is an input of digit around 4-6.
- The password is an input of a combination of letters and numbers.
- The pattern is an input of pattern by attaching dot on the display.
- Select the desired one and tap Continue.
- Hit Done.
Restrict Data Usage
Another way to control your child’s device is to restrict Data Usage, without internet connection he/she won’t be able to spend more time on the internet. Switch off the Wi-Fi or mobile data will disallow your children from running the downloading apps and the internet. This trick will gradually decrease the mobile usage to half, I bet. Try once.
- Turn Off Mobile Data & Wi-Fi
- Go to the Settings
- Tap Connections.
- Tap Wi-Fi and disable Wi-Fi.
- Get back to the main Settings
- Again go to Connections.
- Select Data Usage.
- Turn off Mobile Data.
- Turn on Wi-Fi Only
Once you give your child only access to Wi-Fi then, it is impossible to use the internet unless there is a Wi-Fi network near the phone.
- From the initial screen, bring all the apps on the screen.
- Select the Settings app.
- Hit Connections.
- Tap Data Usage.
- Switch OFF Mobile Data.
- Touch Turn OFF to verify.
- Set Up a Mobile Data Limit
Setting up a mobile data limit is the ultimate way to prevent data usage on the Samsung phone. When the phone reaches the threshold limit, the internet will not work unless you increase the Data Usage Limit.
- Select Settings
- Tap on Connections.
- Open Data Usage.
- Tap on the Mobile tab and then Billing Cycle and Data Warning.
- Toggle on Limit Mobile Data Usage.
- Hit OK and then Set.
- Turn On Data Usage Warnings
Here’s how to turn on Data Usage Warning on Samsung S10, S10 Plus, and S10e,
- Go to the Settings app.
- Locate and select Connections.
- Choose Data Usage.
- Under Mobile tab, turn on Alert Me About Data Usage.
- Tap Billing Cycle and Data Warning.
- Go to Set Data Warning and enable it.
- Set the Data Warning as per your convenience.
- Lastly, tap Set.
Set Parental Controls on the Google Play Store
Google Play Parental control is the best way to help you to restrain your child’s access to adult content. With this step, you can control almost everything like, without your permission, your child cannot download Social Applications, Irrelevant Games or anything that can cause trouble to you and your child.
- Go to Play Store App.
- Touch the Menu Key.
- Touch Settings.
- Hit Parental Controls.
- Switch On Parental Controls.
- Create a PIN.