Your Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus device package may contain an “unlimited plan”. In this “unlimited plan,” there is always restraint. The company that provides an “unlimited plan” may decrease the speed after a specific data usage or start increasing the amount of the plan. Many users have fixed the data limit for each month. Like 10 or 15 GB for those users, each MB of data is valuable. Therefore, restricting background data usage on Samsung S10 Plus would help you.
However, if you restrict the background data of any app on Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus, you will save some MB from the data. But applying the restriction may rise the un-proper response from that app until or unless you are not connected to Wi-Fi. It is tough to decide on which app we should apply to restriction. Then according to me, research on each and every app and detect what is transmitted when they are in non-usable form. After the detecting process, decide the app on which you can apply restriction safely.
Use the below-given steps to apply restrictions on the desired app for background data usage.
Restrict Background Data Usage on Samsung S10 Plus, S10, S10e
Method 1: Wi-Fi Background Data Settings Individually
This procedure stats how to restrict background data usage from the Wi-Fi background data settings.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Connections.
- Enter Data usage.
- Hit Wi-Fi data usage.
- Select the app for which you want to enable Background data usage.
- Turn ON the switch to restrict background data usage.
Method 2: Mobile Network Background Data Settings
This procedure is similar and will guarantee apps you selected will not consume any data in the background from your Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus when you are connected to any Wifi networks. Besides, I’ve also performed this task on my device so that the restricted app is not using my valuable data.
How can I perform mobile network background data setting on Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus?
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on Connections.
- Go to Data Usage.
- Below the Mobile section, select Mobile Data Usage.
- Select the desired app and turn Off Allow background data usage for that app.
Method 3: Restrict Mobile Data Usage on Samsung S10 for All Apps
It is an alternate way to restrict mobile data usage to Method 2 we have stated above.
- Navigate to the Settings app.
- Tap Apps.
- Choose the app on which you would like to restrict the background data usage.
- Hit Mobile data.
- Disable Allow mobile background usage.
Method 4: Enable Mobile data only apps
If you have a long list of applications that constantly eats the Mobile data of your phone, then enable Mobile data only apps. Doing this will, let you choose the applications for which you want to use the Mobile data.
For instance, we need to have WhatsApp, Facebook, Gmail, etc. certain important apps that must be always connected to the internet, otherwise, you won’t receive notifications from them. Choose wisely.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Connections > Data usage.
- Turn On Mobile data only apps.
- Tap on Mobile data only apps.
- Now toggle ON the switch for the apps one by one to which you want to use the Mobile data.
- How to Hide Apps on Samsung S20: 4 Ways
- Best Accessories for Galaxy S10, S10Plus, S10e
- How to Use Wi-Fi Calling on Samsung Phones
- Best App Locks for Samsung S10 Series