Much awaited PS5 is finally here and available to buy, with the advanced hardware, custom GPU and CPU, speedy SSD makes the PS5 Console even faster and responsive to heavy games. Though, for many people, it was a dream to get the PS5 in 2020, because the eCommerce Stores have notified that they aren’t getting their PS5 console before 2021, and to some extent it is true. You can experience the power of PS5 Controller and precocious hardware even with any smartphones including Samsung, OnePlus, Pixel, iPhone, iPad, or any iOS and Android device.
Though not all the apps and games support the DualSense PS5 Controller, so if you can’t use the controller with any app or games, make sure to check the compatibility first. Much like PS4 Controller, you can connect the latest PS5 Controller to any Android or iOS/iPadOS device.
How to Connect PS5 Controller to Samsung, OnePlus, Pixel, or iPhone, iPad, or any Android Phone/iOS/iPadOS
Keep note that you can follow these stepwise guide to pair DualSense PS5 Controller with Samsung Note 20, Note 10, S20, S10, Samsung Tab S7/S7Plus, any Samsung Tablets, Google Pixel 4a, 4 XL, 4, 3a XL, 3a, OnePlus 8, OnePlus 7, OnePlus 6, iPhone 12 Pro Max, 11, XR, XS Max, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Mini and more.
- Disconnect PS5 Controller from PS5 console, and the best way to do that is power off the PS5 console.
- Now to pair the PS5 Controller with any Android or iPhone, put it into pairing mode, to do so, press and hold the Share button and PlayStation button at the same time, when you see Blue light blinking around the button, it indicates that the controller is searching for new devices.
- On your Android or iOS device, open the Bluetooth Settings, and ensure that Bluetooth is enabled.
- In the list of Available Devices in the Bluetooth Settings, look for the PS5 Controller, tap on it if you see.
- Wait for a few moments until the controller and the device connects with each other.
- You can play games and use PS5 Controller with any app once it is paired and connected to an iPhone or Android phone.
As of right now, older apps and games will support the next-gen PS5 Controller like Haptic Sensor, Triggers, and other features, therefore, make sure to update the apps and games from the respective store and see if it works.