Usually, bulky gadgets are capable to measure ECGs, but nowadays ECG can be measure using small gadgets like Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 series. With the present trend of adding health features the Samsung user while using it has encountered ECG not working on Galaxy Watch 4.
What is ECG in Samsung Watch? An ECG is a process that calculates the electrical activity of the heart. It measures and analyzes the heart’s electrical activities to instantly measure the heart to encounter the heart issue.
Fix ECG Not Working on Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 and Watch 4 Classic
Restart The Device
Firstly before performing any of the high-end workarounds, we suggest you to restart both your Samsung watch and phone. Because restarting the device will refresh all the memory and fix all the minor bugs present in the device.
Disable And Enable Bluetooth
If restarting both phone and watch doesn’t solve galaxy watch 4 ECG not working, enabling and disabling the Bluetooth on your watch and phone might help.
Clean Your Samsung Watch
Over time, debris and dirt may accumulate in your Samsung watch 4 classic. These impurities may affect to sensor from working accurately. So to remove this unwanted dirt, simply follow the given below steps.
How To Clean My Samsung Watch
- Ensure that your Samsung watch is turned off. If not, simply switch off and detach it from the charger.
- Detach the best leather for the Samsung watch, specially it’s manufactured using leather.
- Use a lint-free and non-abrasive cloth and with the soft hand clean the surface of the Samsung watch along with the sensor.
- After gentle soft cleaning, dry the Samsung watch using a non-abrasive cloth.
- Now instantly restart the Samsung watch 4.
Setup The Health App
Ensure firstly, that you have set up the health app on your phone accurately. The health apps delivered the correct health-related data to your device.
Reset The Health App Settings
After performing the basic workaround and the effective workaround still not solving the ECG not working on the Samsung, it’s time to reset the health app.
- Go to Settings.
- Hit Apps.
- Select the Health App.
- Lastly, tap Reset.