Samsung TV Plus is an exclusive streaming service that offers over 100 Live Channels and is only available for Samsung Smart TV users. You don’t need to buy any additional streaming service if you have Samsung TV Plus unless you’re a freak who watches all the shows and movies like anything. Sadly, Samsung Smart TV users are reporting Samsung TV Plus is not working or Samsung TV Plus is missing.
In this article, we’ve covered the most potential solutions to deal with Samsung TV Plus not working or Samsung TV Plus Black Screen. Here’s how to fix there was a problem while trying to play the Samsung TV Plus channel. Check your network settings or try again later.
Fix Samsung TV Plus Not Working or Not Showing
Samsung TV Plus not working or Samsung TV Plus not available due to network problems or Samsung TV Plus not showing, or anything related to Samsung TV Plus could be a real pain. No matter what the problem is, I’d suggest you reboot the TV.
- Power Off the Samsung TV.
- Unplug it from Power Source.
- Wait for few minutes, and then restart the TV.
Is your Internet Connection Up?
Without stable internet connectivity, Samsung TV Plus won’t be able to load videos. The best you can do is if you’ve got the Ethernet cable, plug it directly into the TV instead of connecting via Wi-Fi. Otherwise, ensure that the Wi-Fi is working correctly by connecting other devices like phones or tablets, or laptops. Furthermore, you can also reboot the Wireless Router by unplugging and plugging the power adapter.
Usually, TV Firmware automatically updates in the background when connected to the internet network. But for some or other reason it is not updated automatically, manually checking for the software updates is recommended. This will also add up new features along with bug fixes.
- Connect TV to internet connection.
- Go to the Settings.
- Open Support section.
- There, select Software Update.
- Select Update Now.
- If there are any pending updates available, download and install it.
- Meanwhile, make sure TV won’t go off.
Turn Off IPv6
In the latest Samsung Smart TVs, the brand has introduced IPv6. It is an internet security protocol that secures the Samsung TV connection, however, sometimes it acts as a barrier to streaming services like Samsung TV Plus, Netflix, Disney Hotstar, etc. And by default, IPv6 is turned on in all the latest Samsung Smart TVs, you may have to take chance by disabling the IPv6, and try playing Samsung TV Plus. If it doesn’t work, then don’t forget to enable IPv6, as it adds an additional layer of security to the system.
- Open the Settings on your Samsung TV.
- Go to General.
- Select Network.
- Open Expert Settings.
- Turn Off IPv6.
- Once done, restart the TV and check if the Samsung TV Plus is working or not.
Play with DNS Settings
Default DNS Settings don’t affect the performance of the network, in fact, they are meant to provide better speed and connection. That doesn’t mean we can’t or should not change, yes, you can try a different DNS if something is not right with the network. Here’s how to change DNS Settings on Samsung TV.
- Open the Settings > Network.
- Go to Network Status.
- Select IP Settings.
- Select DNS Settings.
- Choose Enter Manually, instead Obtain Automatically.
- Enter 22.214.171.124 in Primary DNS Address field, and 126.96.36.199 in Secondary DNS field.
- Save it and reboot the system.
Reset Smart Hub
Samsung Smart Hub plays a major role in keeping all the applications intact and ensuring they work correctly. If there’s something wrong with Smart Hub, it might be possible that Samsung TV Plus won’t work, therefore, to rule out this possibility, resetting Smart Hub is advisable.
- Go to the Settings on your Samsung TV.
- Find and open Support.
- Select Reset Smart Hub.
- Enter 0.0.0.0, reset PIN to initiate reset.
- Once done, restart the TV.
Reset Network Settings
Like Smart Phones, your Samsung TV can also have Reset Network Settings option which removes the Wi-Fi passwords, saved Bluetooth devices. Fortunately, it takes no time to get all this data. You should take chance to reset network settings and see if it resolves Samsung TV Plus app issues.
- Navigate to the Settings.
- Go to General.
- Select Network.
- Select Reset Network.
- Let the TV completes the process and after that you can enter the Wi-Fi credentials.
Factory Reset TV
One last troubleshooting is to factory reset the Samsung TV. Doing this will remove all the apps and log out of all the applications and also from the system, will make the TV a clean slate.
- Open the Settings.
- Select Support.
- Go to Device Care.
- Select Self Diagnosis > Reset.
- Enter 0.0.0.0 to initiate reset process.
- How to Connect PS4/PS5 to Samsung Smart TV?
- Best Soundbar with Woofer for Samsung Smart TV?
- Best Stands for Samsung TVs