The smartwatches are equivalent to the phones, from downloading the apps to making phone calls, everything is possible in Galaxy Watch 3. The Watch will alert you upon phone calls, notifications, messages, by making a sound. However, that’s not enough, if you’re in a public place, or in a noisy environment unless the Vibrate is enabled on the Galaxy Watch 3. Some users have reported that the Galaxy Watch 3 Vibration not working, for no reason.
If you belong to the same group of people, and Vibration not working on Galaxy Watch 3, then refer to this troubleshoot article and get it fixed.
- 1 Fix Vibration Not Working on Samsung Watch 3
Fix Vibration Not Working on Samsung Watch 3
Reboot the Paired Device and Watch
Before you go with any weird troubleshooting, why not restart the Samsung Watch and the phone to which it is paired. Most of the time a basic restart fixes such problems if they are minor.
Press and hold the Power button of the Samsung Watch and select the Power Off option.
Likewise, press the Power button on the phone and choose Power Off.
Make Sure Watch Only Mode is Disabled
Watch Only mode disables the notifications and that’s the reason why your Galaxy Watch 3 is not vibrating for notifications. Make sure Watch Only mode is turned off to receive the notifications from the device.
Open the Notification Center and tap on the battery type icon next to the Brightness button.
Enable Vibration on Watch
Of course, to make the Galaxy Watch 3 vibrate on notifications, the Vibrate settings on the Watch must be enabled. Alternatively, try to choose a different vibrating pattern, it might work for you.
- Go to the Settings app on Galaxy Watch 3.
- Tap Sound and vibration option.
- Hit the Vibrate and turn it on. If it is already turned on, then disable and enable it.
- Look for the Ringtone vibration and set the Vibration intensity to Strong.
Verify Different Sound Modes
Your Galaxy Watch 3 has different modes including Theatre Mode, Do Not Disturb Mode and Goodnight Mode. All of them are optimized for a different purposes and the name itself explains what it is about. And if either of these Mode is enabled on Samsung Watch, the Watch won’t vibrate for alerts.
- Go to the Settings app on Watch.
- Tap on Advanced.
- Find the Theatre Mode, Do Not Disturb Mode, and Goodnight mode, and disable them.
Disable Do Not Disturb mode on Paired Device
Another worth looking setting is to make sure the DND Mode is disabled on the device to which Samsung Watch is paired. If their DND is enabled, of course, your phone won’t receive any notifications and likewise, the Watch won’t get the same.
To avoid such situations, sync the Watch with the Phone using the Wearable App.
- Launch the Wearable App on your device.
- Tap Sync phone settings.
- Disable Sync Do not disturb mode.
Reinstall the Galaxy Wearable App
If the Galaxy Wearable is causing these issues, then updating it to the latest version is the right choice. Though, reinstalling will do the same. Delete the Wearable App and reinstall it from Google Play or Galaxy Store.
Update Galaxy Watch
Check for the latest software update for your Watch, if there’s any update available, then download and install it. The new update might fix the vibration issue on Samsung Watch 3.
- Launch the Galaxy Wearable App on the phone.
- Locate Watch software update.
- Download and install the updates.
Reset Galaxy Watch 3
Finally, the last troubleshoot is to reset the Galaxy Watch 3, when none of the above solutions did well for you. Before resetting the Galaxy Watch, make sure to Back up data.
- Open Galaxy Wearable app > Account and backup > Back up data.
- To reset Watch, again open Galaxy Wearable app > Reset it. Alternatively, go to the Settings app on Galaxy Watch > General > Reset.
- Fix Galaxy Watch 3 Battery Draining Issue | Save Battery of Galaxy Watch 3
- Turn Off Sleep Tracking on Samsung Watch 3
- Fix Galaxy Watch Not Syncing with Android and iPhone
- Best Accessories for Galaxy Watch 2, Galaxy Watch