Table of Contents Show
- Fix Samsung Smart TV Disney Plus Not Loading or Working
- Check Internet
- Restart Your App
- Verify Disney Plus Servers Are Up and Working
- Update Date & Time
- Check Disney Plus Compatible Samsung TVs
- Disney+ is Available in your Country?
- Force Close Disney Plus App
- Cold Boot the Samsung Smart TV
- Clear Cache of Disney Plus App
- Update Samsung Smart TV & Disney Plus App
- Reset Samsung TV
- Clear Cache
- Reinstall the Disney Plus App
- Update DNS Settings(Update DNS To Google DNS)
- Contact Support!
- Why does Disney Plus not load on my Samsung Smart TV?
- How do I update my Disney Plus app on my TV?
Why won’t my Samsung Play Disney Plus? How do I fix Disney Plus on Samsung TV? This article will show you potential solutions to fix the Disney App not working on any Samsung TV. Smart TVs are no less than Android phones, you can install any app, stream videos, and many more things just by downloading the apps from TV App Store. Therefore the fixes for Samsung TV are also somewhat similar to the smartphones.
From force closing the apps to reinstalling the Disney Plus Apps, you can fix the crashing, not loading, and many more issues all the way. Let’s see how to fix Disney Plus Not Working and Loading on Samsung TV.
Fix Samsung Smart TV Disney Plus Not Loading or Working
Before going rogue, I’d recommend you check the internet speed. Use any of the Internet Speed checkers to test the Internet Speed. Without a stable internet connection, Disney Plus won’t work on your massive Samsung TV. Another alternate way to check the internet is to connect any other device to the same Wi-Fi and try to stream YouTube video or anything.
Restart Your App
If your internet seems to working accurately, but still Samsung Disney plus not working, you give a try restarting the application to fix the problem. Repeat this workaround multiple times if it didn’t work move forward to the next troubleshooting.
Keep pressing the Power Key on the TV remote until it completely turns off, at the same point, disconnect the TV from the main power source. However, it doesn’t seem to be connected with App, but compiling this task will reset the TV, plus disable all the Applications. So when you return back it on, the App will restart.
Verify Disney Plus Servers Are Up and Working
Often due to some or other technical issue, Disney Plus Servers might be down and under maintenance, in those cases, it is obvious that Disney Plus will respond abruptly or won’t work at all. However, you can check Disney Plus Server Status from DownDetector.
Update Date & Time
Date & Time is very important nowadays, over the time OTT Platforms are taking over the market. Make sure the Date & Time set on Samsung Smart TV is correct as per your region.
- Open Settings on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Select General > System Manager.
- Select Time > Clock.
Check Disney Plus Compatible Samsung TVs
If Disney+ App is not showing on Samsung Smart TV, then primarily you should check for its compatibility status. Not all Samsung Smart TVs support Disney+. Visit Samsung’s dedicated guide and check the list there.
Disney+ is Available in your Country?
Though Disney+ is an International Streaming OTT Platform, currently it is not available across the globe. In the United States, it was first launched back in 2019, while in the United Kingdom it was released in 2020. That’s why you should first ensure whether it is available in your region or not.
Force Close Disney Plus App
Like Android Apps, sometimes, the Apps of Samsung Smart TV also create conflicts between the system. Which sometimes is a minor issue, and can be resolved by force closing the Disney Plus App on Samsung Smart TV. Don’t know how to force close Disney Plus App? Here’s how to do it.
While Disney Plus App is open, press and hold the Back button until it takes you to the homepage. This will reset the Disney Plus App right away.
Cold Boot the Samsung Smart TV
Cold Boot is slightly different than normal restarting the TV. With Cold Boot, your Samsung TV will completely be turned off along with all the apps and programs and then restart on its own. This will help software and app crashing issues on the go.
If you have a working remote, then press the Power button of the remote until it turns off and turns on again. This process will take around 5 seconds.
While another way is to disconnect the Smart TV from the power source for 30 seconds and then plug it back in.
Clear Cache of Disney Plus App
This is the most recommended solution when Disney Plus App not working or crashing on Samsung Smart TV. Many users have already fixed this issue by clearing the cache of the Samsung Smart TV. This will remove the temporary cache files of the Disney Plus app from TV.
- Press the Home button on the TV remote.
- Go to Settings.
- Choose Apps.
- Select Open Apps.
- Now locate the Disney Plus app.
- Select it and Clear Cache.
Update Samsung Smart TV & Disney Plus App
Another workaround to fix when Disney App crashing or not opening on Samsung Smart TV is to update the Samsung Smart TV to the latest version. It takes few minutes to update the Samsung TV, just make sure it is connected to a stable internet connection.
- Go to the Settings app on your Samsung TV.
- Select Support.
- Select Software Update.
- If the software update is available, Download and Install it.
Update DisneyPlus App
- Press Home button on your Samsung Smart TV’s Remote.
- Click Apps.
- Find DisneyPlus App.
- Select Update App.
Reset Samsung TV
Disney Plus App is not working on Samsung TV? Here’s how to reset Samsung Smart TV.
- Turn On Samsung TV.
- Press Smart Hub button on Samsung Remote.
- To open Settings in Smart Hub, press the blue letter D.
- Choose the Reset option and enter ‘0000’ which is the default password to reset the Samsung Smart TV.
- Wait for some time, and let the system reset.
Like any Android Smartphone, we can also clear cache of Samsung Smart TV and fix Disney Plus not working on Samsung TV.
- Go to Settings in your Samsung Smart TV.
- Select Support > Device care.
- Select Manage Storage.
- Select DisneyPlus App > View Details.
- Choose to Clear Cache.
Reinstall the Disney Plus App
Still, if Disney Plus crashes and not loading on Samsung Smart TV, you better off delete the app from the TV. Just make sure you note down the Disney Plus credentials because once the app is uninstalled from the TV, all the data will be wiped out.
- Press the Home button on the remote.
- Use the remote to navigate to the Disney Plus app.
- Highlight the Disney Plus app, press the Down button on the remote.
- Select Remove.
Restart the TV and download the Disney Plus App.
Update DNS Settings(Update DNS To Google DNS)
Let’s give last try to fix sound on Disney plus not working is by updating DNS settings. Here is how you can do so.
- Navigate to Settings using the remote of the Samsung TV
- Choose General Tab > Network.
- Select Network Status > IP Settings below the connected network.
- Choose an option to configure DNS Manually.
- Lastly, modify the DNS server and hover it 22.214.171.124 > OK.
Why is Disney Plus not on Samsung Smart TV? Is still the big question, as of now we have tried all the possible troubleshooting steps. It’s time to take the help of Disney+ Support and next Samsung Support.
Why does Disney Plus not load on my Samsung Smart TV?
Before going anywhere, firstly check the DisneyPlus Server is down or not. Secondly, also verify that DisneyPlus is available in your region, as it is not available worldwide.
How do I update my Disney Plus app on my TV?
Press Home button on your Samsung Smart TV’s Remote > Click Apps > Find DisneyPlus App > Select Update App.