Samsung Smart TVs are no less than Samsung Phones or Tablets, from streaming Movies and TV Shows to downloading any App, everything is possible. At the same time, you should also look into the firmware and app updates, that bring major bug fixes, and adds new features to the TV. However, these firmware updates not always come up with new functions, but surely increases the stability and eliminates the minor bugs that you may haven’t discovered yet.
In this article, I’ll show you how to update Samsung Smart TV with Wi-Fi and without Wi-Fi. If you’re preferring without Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi isn’t working for you, then updating via USB Drive would be a great choice. In addition, also take a peek at how to update Samsung Smart TV Apps.
How to Update Samsung Smart TV without USB Drive
If you’re confident about your Wi-Fi connection, and Wi-Fi works perfectly on the TV, go with this stepwise guide.
- Connect your Samsung Smart TV to the Internet.
- Bring the Samsung Smart TV Remote and press the Home button.
- Go to the Settings and select it using the navigational buttons.
- Navigate to the Support option on the left sidebar.
- Choose Software Update.
- Select Update Now.
- Let the TV check for the available updates.
- Download and install the pending update on your Samsung Smart TV.
How to Update Samsung Smart TV using USB Drive
Make sure you have a working USB Drive, Internet Connection, and a PC/Laptop.
- This method needs a PC or Laptop to load the latest firmware onto the USB Drive, with an active internet connection.
- Click on the Samsung Support Download link on your PC/Laptop.
- Make a selection of the Samsung Smart TV from the list.
- If you don’t know the Model Number or Serial Number of the Samsung TV, visit the Settings > Support > About This TV. Note down the Model Code and Serial Number of TV. The same information about the Model Code and Serial Number adheres to the back panel of the TV.
- Under Manuals and Downloads, and Firmware click on the Download.
- Go to the Downloads folder of your PC. Copy or move and unzip/extract the Firmware Downloaded File in the root directory of the USB drive. Don’t move or paste the downloaded file in any folder or sub-folder.
- Power off the TV before plugging the USB Drive. Moreover, remove other accessories if connected to the USB Port.
- Now connect the USB Drive to the Samsung Smart TV and turn it on.
- Wait until the TV detects the latest firmware and start the update process.
During the ongoing update, make sure not to turn off the TV, or remove the USB Drive or unplug the AC adapter or perform any inactivity that could result in a firmware crash.
How to Update Apps on Samsung Smart TV
Instead of updating apps one by one, enable Auto Update on Samsung Smart TV any model.
- Turn on the Samsung TV, and make sure it is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Press the Home button on the Samsung TV Remote.
- Choose Apps
- Navigate to the Settings cog on the upper-right corner.
- From there turn on Auto-update.
- How to Screen Mirror Your Galaxy Phone to Samsung TV
- How to Screen Mirror Galaxy Phone to Roku TV?
- Best Wireless Headphones You Should Buy