One flagship has replaced many other gadgets like MP3 players, picture viewers, torch, an alarm clocks,s and more. The clock app in the flagship has many features apart from ringing it offers multiple ringtones, a customizable ringtone mainly used for important meetings. So sudden no sound issue on Samsung S21 can be a serious issue to the lookout.
Your Samsung S21 alarm clock not working and you don’t know the culprit. Due to this missed the critical meeting! In this blog, we will help you to fix the Samsung alarm not working, for that you need to follow the given below steps.
- 1 No Alarm Sound Not Working on Samsung S21Ultra, S21Plus, S21
- 1.1 Restart Device
- 1.2 Disable Vibrate for Alarms And Timers
- 1.3 Verify Date & Time
- 1.4 Check or Change Alarm Tone (Neglect using Bixby alarm)
- 1.5 Verify Sound Settings
- 1.6 Enable/Disable Auto Optimization
- 1.7 Clear Cache & Data App
- 1.8 Re-install the App
- 1.9 Factory Data Reset
- 1.10 Try Third-Party Clock Apps
- 1.11 Customer Care
No Alarm Sound Not Working on Samsung S21Ultra, S21Plus, S21
As always, the first workaround should be to restart your Samsung Galaxy device. So stop whatever you are performing on your device because restart is quite effective!
- Press the Power and Volume Low Buttons for 30 seconds.
- Hold until the device completes the restart the cycle.
Disable Vibrate for Alarms And Timers
Disabling the alarm and timers is considered effective because some of the users of older devices fixed no alarm sound by just simply disabling it. So try to perform it on your device, there is a chance it might fix the issue.
- Navigate to Clock App on your device.
- Look at the bottom to ensure that the Alarm Tab is selected.
- Afterward, hit Three Dots to open settings.
- Right from the Clock Settings turn off Vibrate for alarms and timers.
Verify Date & Time
One of the major to be noted is, we should take time & date important while setting up an alarm. For that best option is to enable Automatic date and time.
- Go to Settings.
- SelectGeneral Management.
- Hit Date & Time.
- Tap Automatic Date And Timeto enable it.
Doing so will help your device to detect the date and time of the current region.
Check or Change Alarm Tone (Neglect using Bixby alarm)
In the rare case, the selected ringtone doesn’t sound well either due to the file has been moved or a corrupted file. Also, neglect using the Bixby alarm as it doesn’t allow the original ringtone to ring. For that, it’s better to change a ringtone that works normally.
- Navigate to Clock App.
- Tap Alarm Tab.
- Select the wished ringtone or else Create New Alarm.
- Tap on Alarm Sound to enable it.
- Hit the Ringtone Option and select ringtone according to your wish.
Verify Sound Settings
Sometimes an accidental touch can make the clock app silent. Usually, this happens because you can silent the app directly through the notification panel. So simply verify that your clock is not silenced.
- Tap Settings Icon.
- Go to Apps & Notification.
- Select Clock.
- Touch Notification and see if the notification panel is not turned off.
Enable/Disable Auto Optimization
By default, the Samsung phone has tones of optimization options that keep the system intact and fast. Sometimes the auto-optimization feature malfunctions and affects the apps and programs. Let’s disable the Auto Optimization feature on Samsung.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on Battery and device care.
- Tap on three dots on the upper right screen.
- Select Automation > disable Auto optimize daily.
Clear Cache & Data App
As we all know the cache is a temporary file that helps the device to load apps fast. But sometimes this cache can get corrupted, due to which the device can go through several issues. To prevent the device from this you need to perform a clear cache on Samsung S21.
- Go to Settings.
- Hit Apps.
- Search and tap Clock App.
- Hit Storage> Clear Cache>Clear Data.
Re-install the App
Lastly, if the issue yet not fixed, simply delete and re-install the application.
- Go to Settings.
- Hit Apps.
- Search and hit Clock App.
- Hit Disable/Uninstall.
Factory Data Reset
Usually, with Alarm Sound Not Working on Samsung issue we don’t need to be this harsh, most time it gets resolved with the above basic solutions. Thought, this is the final workaround that’s in our hand, let’s try and if it doesn’t work, Samsung Technicians is your last hope.
However, backup your phone to preserve the personal data, otherwise, it won’t be possible to recover, once you hit Factory data reset. Here’s a detailed article on how to backup and restore data on Samsung.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Scroll and find General management.
- Select Reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
Try Third-Party Clock Apps
If you’re stuck and don’t have time to fix Clock App not working on Samsung, then download any third-party app as an alternate for a time being. Here are some of the best Alarm Apps for Samsung:
If your device accidentally hits the ground, there is a chance of physical damage. So it’s better to carry your device to a nearby service center because physical damage can be fixed only at the service center.