Your Samsung Phone or Tab is home to the most important data, and nowadays there are chances of unexpected things occurring with you that you never think of. I learned easy ways to backup & restore the data of the Samsung Galaxy Device when I lost my phone. Since then I regularly create the backup of my phone to Windows, Mac, or Samsung Cloud by following the methods to create backup & restore data of mobile mentioned in this article.
So if you are willing to prevent the data loss or continue reading this article as we have mentioned some of the best ways to backup and restore the data of the Samsung Tab.
- 1 What are the Different Ways to Backup and Restore Data on all Samsung Galaxy Devices?
- 1.1 How to Back Up or Restore Using Samsung Account on Samsung Galaxy Devices?
- 1.2 How Back Up or Restore Using Google Account of Samsung Galaxy Devices?
- 1.3 How to Back Up Data of Samsung Galaxy Devices on Mac or PC?
- 1.4 What are the Requirements to use Smart Switch on a Windows or Mac?
- 1.5 Where are Backup Stores? What is Smart Switch Backup Path?
- 1.6 How Do I Back Up Data Of Samsung Galaxy Devices Remotely?
- 1.7 That’s It,
What are the Different Ways to Backup and Restore Data on all Samsung Galaxy Devices?
How to Back Up or Restore Using Samsung Account on Samsung Galaxy Devices?
- Go to Settings > Accounts And Backup.
- Choose Back Up Data present below Samsung Cloud.
- Then select Back Up Now. Tap on the Toggle next to every option present in the menu and hit Backup Now.
- Doing so will begin the backup procedure and wait until it’s finished up. Lastly, hit Done.
- Navigate to the Settings, and choose Account and Backup.
- Hit Restore Data. If you have done a backup of multiple Samsung devices in the same account, all backups will be featured. Select the one you desired to restore.
- Choose the Apps that you desired to restore > Restore.
- If asked, select Install.
How Back Up or Restore Using Google Account of Samsung Galaxy Devices?
- Navigate to the Settings > Account & Backup.
- Select Back Up Data present in the Google Drive menu > Back Up Now.
How to Back Up Data of Samsung Galaxy Devices on Mac or PC?
Fortunately, there is a feature called Smart Switch. Using it you can easily create the Back-Up on both PC and Mac. At the same point, you can also restore the data to the Samsung phone using a Smart Switch, offering hazel free backup and restore procedure. If you are not familiar with how to do so, simply follow the given below steps.
Well before performing the backup using Smart Switch, we suggest downloading and installing the Smart Switch on a PC or Mac. By tapping on the below-mentioned link, it will redirect to the Smart Switch download page.
What are the Requirements to use Smart Switch on a Windows or Mac?
Smart Switch PC Version Requirement,
- Windows XP SP3 or above OS version.
- Intel Pentium 1.8 GHz or above Processor.
- Minimum 1 GB RAM.
- Minimum 500 MB free hard drive storage.
- 1024 X 768 (600) or above screen resolution.
- Window Media Player or above software.
Smart Switch Mac Version Requirements,
- Mac OS X 10.5 and above OS.
- 1.8Hz or above Processor.
- 512 MB free RAM.
- Minimum 512 MB of free hard drive storage.
Back-Up Data Using Smart Switch,
After matching all the above-mentioned requirements simply follow the given below steps to back up the data of Samsung phone using Smart Switch.
- Navigate to the Smart Switch on Mac or PC.
- Link the phone to the PC or Mac using the best USB cables. Even after connection, if your device is not visible, we suggest tapping on More present in the right top corner of the screen and then choose Reinstall Device Drive. During this procedure, you will be asked to disconnect the phone. After the installation procedure is complete, re-establish the connection between phone and PC or Mac using a lightning cable.
- Choose Backup. If you desire to backup a limited thing, choose More present in the right top corner of the display. Click on Preferences > Backup Items. Now select the item you want to backup.
- Hit Allow on your phone if asked.
- After the completion of Back up, select OK.
Where are Backup Stores? What is Smart Switch Backup Path?
Until and unless you haven’t changed the default place for backup, your place data will be stored on the below-mentioned default location.
- Window 8/7/Vista: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Samsung\Smart Switch PC
- Mac OS X: /Users/[username]/Documents/Samsung/SmartSwitch/backup
- Windows 10/11: C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Samsung\SmartSwitch
Restore Data Using Smart Switch,
- Go to Smart Switch on PC or Mac.
- Similarly, connect both mobile phone and PC or Mac using the lighting cable.
- Choose Restore > Restore Now. To restore an older backup that you created, hit Select A Different Backup.
- Choose Allow on phone, if Asked.
- After completion of the restore procedure, hit OK.
How Do I Back Up Data Of Samsung Galaxy Devices Remotely?
To create the backup using Find My Mobile, below mentioned are some of the requirements.
- Your Mobile phone should be connected to Mobile Network or Wi-Fi.
- Your Mobile phone must be signed in to the Samsung Account.
- Find My Mobile feature should be enabled on your phone.
If these requirements are fulfilled then follow the given below steps to remotely backup the data stored in the Samsung phone.
Backup Data Using Find My Mobile
- Navigate to the Find My Mobile using a browser. And then login into it, using Samsung or Google Account.
- In the Find My Mobile Home Page, select Back Up present on the right side.
- On the next screen choose the data you want to back up and select Back Up.
- Tap on the “I Agree” check box and tap then select Back Up.
These are some of the easiest ways to back up & restore data of the Samsung phone. If you like the article, share it with your family member and friends when they ask you how to back up the data of my Samsung phone?
And if you have found any other alternative way to back up the data of the Samsung phone which is not mentioned in this article; let us know by dropping it in the below comment box.
- How to Enable/Disable Battery Percentage on Samsung?
- Best Fast Power Banks You Can Buy Right Now
- Fix Battery Draining Issue on Samsung