Table of Contents Show
Samsung Smart Tag won’t connect to SmartThings App or Smart tag not working, this article will show you how to fix the Samsung SmartTag not working, disconnecting, and won’t connect issues on the go. The SmartTag is an amazing tracking device that could help you find the lost items using the SmartThings App to which the SmartTag is paired. At a time you can add up to 200 SmartTag and SmartTag+ in the compatible Galaxy Phones and Tablets.
There could be some connectivity issues with the SmartTag that can be fixed with the below-mentioned solutions.
Fix Smart Tag Not Connecting or Not Working
Restart Your Device
Since the Smart Tag primarily connects to the SmartThings App, keeping your phone in working condition is necessary. Start troubleshooting by restarting the smartphone to which you want to connect the Smart Tag.
- Press and hold the Power button and when the Power menu appears, select Power Off button.
- Wait for few minutes, press and hold the Power button until the Samsung logo appears.
Update SmartThings App and Phone
Have you updated the SmartThings App on your phone? If not, then visit the Galaxy Store or Google Play, and update the SmartThings App from there. Along with also update the Samsung Phone or any Android phone that you’re trying to connect with SmartTag.
To Update SmartThings App:
- Go to the Google Play.
- Search SmartThings App, and Update it.
To Update Samsung Phone:
- Go to the Settings App.
- Then search the Software Update and tap on the search results.
- Download and Install the software update, if available.
Remove and Re-Add Smart Tag
Is Smart Tag not connecting to only your phone? Then try disconnecting and reconnecting to the SmartThings App. See if that works.
- Go to the SmartThings App on your phone.
- Tap on three horizontal lines and select All Devices option.
- Tap on three vertical dots and select Delete.
- Check the SmartTag box and Delete it.
- Open the SmartThings App.
- Press the button on SmartTag.
- Let the device detect the SmartTag, tap Add Now.
- Now complete the on-screen instructions and set up the SmartTag.
Reset Samsung Smart Tag
How do I reset Samsung SmartTag and SmartTag+? Resetting the Smart Tag is too easy, just carefully remove the battery and re-insert it, the device will automatically reset. If Smart Tag won’t connect to smart things or any other problem will be resolved by resetting SmartTag.
- Remove the back cover of the SmartTag, do it gently, as these things broke easily.
- Remove the battery from the SmartTag.
- Now press and hold the center button of SmartTag and insert the battery.
- If you hear the sound after inserting the battery in SmartTag, then repeat the process as it is done incorrectly.
- Keep holding the back button for more than five seconds.
- Cover the SmartTag with the cover and the SmartTag is successfully reset.