Rumored for Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Walkie-Talkie feature has come true and Samsung officially announced after few days of Galaxy Watch 4 Launch. Apple users are already using this for years, however, there is a difference between Apple’s Watch Walkie-Talkie and Samsung Galaxy Watch’s Walkie-Talkie. Apart from this, Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 is fully packed with new features from introducing BIA Sensor to Walkie-Talkie, this time, Samsung users have it all.
However, to get hands-on Samsung Watch 4 Walkie-Talkie, make sure the Samsung Watch One UI/WearOS is up to date. If you don’t know how to check for updates on Samsung Watch 4, below are the steps mentioned, thereafter you can learn how to use Walkie-Talkie on Samsung Galaxy Watch 4.
How to Use Galaxy Watch 4 Walkie-Talkie
Samsung Walkie-Talkie Compatibility
Unfortunately, Samsung’s Walkie-Talkie isn’t extended to other WearOS but is limited to Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 only. It isn’t available either in the previous Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 or on any WearOS model. There’s got to be another Samsung Watch 4 to use the Walkie-Talkie feature. That’s the one and biggest limitation we’ve.
How to Check for Updates on Samsung Watch
Before we deep down the steps, let’s check for updates on Samsung Watch 4, since this feature doesn’t come out of the box.
Using Galaxy Watch:
- Go to the Settings on your Galaxy Watch 4.
- Find and tap on Software Update and Update the Galaxy Watch firmware.
- Open the Galaxy Wearable App in your phone to which Samsung Watch is paired.
- Find and tap on Watch settings.
- Tap on Watch software update.
How to Use Walkie-Talkie on Samsung Galaxy Watch 4?
Remember those days while watching movies and shows, we used to be stubborn to get the Walkie-Talkie, but now those days are long gone, you don’t need to be headstrong to get this, it is easily available in smart devices and you can get it for real.
- Download the Walkie-Talkie App in your Galaxy Watch 4 and Android Phone.
- Sign in with your Samsung Account on your phone.
- Now launch Walkie-Talkie App in your Galaxy Watch.
- Tap Invite.
- Find and select People nearby to with you want to initiate chat over Walkie-Talkie, you can also go to Contacts to explore more contacts.
- Now as you already know how Walkie-Talkie works, simply press and hold the microphone button and record your message and release when you’re done recording.
If you’re using the People Nearby option, make sure the other person is in your Bluetooth range or vice versa. Moreover, make sure to keep the phone and Samsung Watch connected when you’re using the Walkie-Talkie for the first time. Later onwards, it’ll be pretty easy to use Walkie-Talkie over LTE (if watch is compatible) or via Wi-Fi.
- How to Change/Customize Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Face
- Best Leather Bands for Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
- Best Accessories for Samsung Galaxy Watch 4