Table of Contents Show
- Fix Samsung Galaxy Watch 4/Watch 4 Classic Not Receiving Notifications
- Restart your Phone And Watch
- Turn On Notification In Wearable App
- Verify Individual App Notification
- Allow Notification Access
- Turn On App Notification On Phone (Android Device)
- Turn On Share System Notification (iPhone Only)
- Turn On Notification Review (iPhone Only)
- Turn Off Various Notification Settings
- Disable Notification Modes
- Disable Airplane Mode
- Check Internet Connection
- Check Storage on Samsung Watch
Another petty problem with the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 is that it doesn’t receive notifications from the device when paired. Some users encountered that the notification stopped working just after and used it for a few days. If you are having an issue with no sound of notification when received on Samsung Watch 4, whether it’s from Whatsapp, text message, or Facebook. Don’t worry. It can be petty bugs that can be solved by simply performing the troubleshooting steps.
In this article, we have mentioned all the effective steps to fix the Galaxy Watch 4 Notification not working; continue to read the article and perform it on your device.
Fix Samsung Galaxy Watch 4/Watch 4 Classic Not Receiving Notifications
Key Takeaways: We've found that your tattoo could be a possible reason, why notifications are not working on Samsung Watch. To overcome this, you can change the wrist or use one of this Epoxy Stickers and verify if the problem is resolved or not.
Restart your Phone And Watch
Firstly, restarting the Watch 4 and the phone is enough to solve the notification problem. To restart the Samsung Watch 4, press the Power Key on your watch till you receive various options. Select Power Off, wait for a few seconds, and press the Power Key once again till you feature the Samsung logo. Then let out the Power Key to switch it on.
Turn On Notification In Wearable App
Turn on the notifications in the Galaxy wearable app to encounter them on your Samsung watch 4.
- Go to Galaxy Wearable App on your smartphone.
- Hit the Notification located at the home tab.
- Check if the toggle is turned on. Because this toggle allows notifications to be visible on your watch. And if it’s disabled, you will face a Whatsapp notification not showing on galaxy watch 4.
Verify Individual App Notification
Additionally, you need to verify and turn on the notification of each application installed in the device.
- Go to Wearable Application.
- Hit on Notification.
- Tap Recently Sent Notification.
- Hit the Toggle present next to the application.
You will find some apps with a straight bar present next to them. That ultimately means those apps offer Notification Settings>Firstly turn on the Alert options. Then try using another Notification Tone.
Allow Notification Access
The associated app or Galaxy wearable app needs access to your device notification to be visible on the Samsung watch 4. But to do so, you need to allow permission. Well, all of them should be set up earlier, but their chances that it might be gotten accidentally off.
- Go to Settings on your Android device
- Search for the Special Access. And if it doesn’t visible hit on the Three-Dot Icon present at the top right corner.
- Tap on Special Apps>Notification Access.
- Turn on the toggle present next to the Wearable Application.
Turn On App Notification On Phone (Android Device)
Another setting that might be the culprit is individual application notification settings.
- Go to Settings on your Android device.
- Hit the Apps.
- Select the corrupted application from which the notification is not featured on your Samsung Watch 4. Let’s considered the Phone App.
- Hit on the Notification.
- Your eyes will capture the variety of notification categories related to that. First, ensure the main toggle for notification is turned on. Usually, if the application notifications are turned off on your device, will not receive on your Samsung Watch 4 too.
- Select each individual notification and enable them. Also, verify the tone you have opted for has a high volume.
Turn On Share System Notification (iPhone Only)
Once you have linked your galaxy watch 4 with the iPhone, you need to grant permission to have access of notifications. For that, Head towards Settings > Bluetooth > (i). Turn on the toggle present next to Share System Notifications.
Turn On Notification Review (iPhone Only)
If you aren’t featuring the notification on your iPhone, this happens because you have not turned on the notification preview to visible the Galaxy watch notification. Well to do so, go to phone Settings>Notifications. Select Show Preview> Always.
Turn Off Various Notification Settings
As we all know the Galaxy watch 4 comes with a variety of features to enhance the performance and user experience of device. And usually, those aspects are the culprit causing a problem. To the given steps.
Go to Device Settings > Notifications.
In notifications, you will find “Show Only While Wearing Device” and turn it on. The device requires a sensor that doesn’t work perfectly, ultimately creating a problem.
- Go to the Galaxy Wearable Application on your device.
- Hit on Notification Modes.
- Here you will receive notification settings. Reach them by hitting on “See All Notification Settings” option.
- Disable the toggle present beside “Show Only While Wearing Device”. Turn on the toggle present beside “Show While Using Phone”.
Disable Notification Modes
Galaxy Watch 4 has various notification modes like Theatre Mode, Goodnight, and Do not disturb. You will not receive any notifications if any of these notification modes are turned on. To prevent the galaxy watch 4 notification from not working,, disable all those features.
- On your Samsung Watch, go to Settings>Advanced.
- Assure all these mentioned features are turned off.
Disable Airplane Mode
Airplane Mode disconnects the Samsung Watch from all wireless connections, preventing all sorts of communications, including notifications. Here’s how to turn off Airplane Mode in Samsung Galaxy Watch 4.
- Pull down the Notifications panel and tap on Airplane Mode to disable it.
Check Internet Connection
As mentioned earlier, your watch should have an active internet connection, Wi-Fi or Cellular Data. If you think Internet Connectivity is stable, I suggest you check with the Carrier and the data plan.
Check Storage on Samsung Watch
Did you check the Storage Space? Conventionally, whenever storage space runs out, Samsung keeps notifying us regarding the same. First, check for the Low Storage Space notification; if there’s nothing like that, here’s how to check the storage space on Samsung Watch 4.
- Navigate to the Settings app.
- Find and tap on About Watch.
- Select Storage and do the needful to free up the space.
Ever since a wearable application can be considered the heart of the Samsung Watch 4, so to run it well, it should be free of glitches. To verify if there is an availability update in the app store.
Clear Cache And Data (Only Android)
- If your Samsung Watch 4 is linked with an Android device and still the issue is not fixed, try clearing the app’s cache.
- Go to Settings>Apps > Galaxy Wearable.
- Hit Storage > Clear Cache and restart the device.
Last but not least, resetting the Watch is what you’re left with. Here’s how to reset the Samsung Watch 4.
In your Samsung Watch, go to Settings App > General > Reset. And Reset the Watch.
Why am I not getting notifications on my Galaxy Watch 4?
You might not get notifications on Samsung Watch 4 if your internet connection is unstable, app notifications are disabled, or due to outdated apps or software.
How do I get app notifications on my Galaxy Watch 4?
To get the notifications on Samsung Watch, make sure notifications are allowed for that app; you can check right in the Wearable App.