No matter whatever the technology your phone has “receiving and making calls” is the most important feature of any flagship. And when the Samsung Galaxy S21 No Sim Card comes up, and you have lost fundamental device usage. Undoubtedly the problem can be considered frustrating and you need instant resolution.
Now it may look like a complicated issue, but can be solved effectively in most cases. Here we will present the workaround that resulted in the most effective way to fix Samsung S21 not reading Sim Card.
- 1 Fix Samsung S21, S21Plus, Samsung S21 Ultra SIM Card Not Detected
- 1.1 Why does my Samsung S21 keep saying no sim card?
- 1.2 How do I activate my S21 sim card?
- 1.3 Update Your Phone
- 1.4 Verify If SIM Direction Is Correct
- 1.5 Try Alternate SIM Card
- 1.6 Test If the SIM Card Is Active
- 1.7 Enable the SIM Card
- 1.8 Turn ON and OFF Airplane Mode
- 1.9 Soft Reset Your Device
- 1.10 Switch between Network Modes
- 1.11 Enter APN Settings Manually
- 1.12 Reset Network Settings
- 1.13 Go Safe Mode
- 1.14 Wipe cache partition
Fix Samsung S21, S21Plus, Samsung S21 Ultra SIM Card Not Detected
Why does my Samsung S21 keep saying no sim card?
Have you inserted SIM Card correctly? Is your SIM Card Active? Make sure both of these criteria are fulfilled, and the best way is to contact the Carrier support. They will confirm if your SIM card is active or needs to be activated. Otherwise, refer to the workarounds mentioned in the article, and fix the SIM card not working on Samsung S21.
How do I activate my S21 sim card?
The process to activate new SIM card on Samsung S21 are subject to change as per the carrier, therefore, its better to contact Carrier Support or visit their website for detailed and updated information regarding activating SIM card on your Samsung.
Update Your Phone
Many times outdated software is the culprit why your Samsung S21 not detecting SIM Card. In that case, connect your phone to Wi-Fi and check for updates.
Verify If SIM Direction Is Correct
Many users make the mistake while inserting the SIM, such as SIM inserted in the wrong direction and that’s the reason card not detected on Samsung. So firstly verify that SIM is placed in the correct direction on the Samsung Galaxy S21.
Try Alternate SIM Card
Before taking any hard step, or wasting time, you can put alternate SIM card in your phone and see if that works for you. If other SIM card is working for you, then check the SIM card having issues from the carrier and get it resolved.
Test If the SIM Card Is Active
These will help to regulate where the issue exactly lies. For that, use the same SIM on different mobile. And if the smartphone doesn’t recognize SIM, then the issue is within the SIM.
- Firstly, talk to the network service provider to confirm SIM is active or not.
- Also verify, SIM registration is done perfectly.
- Verify if the Golden point on the SIM is cleaned. And if you notice the dust over it, gently clean the SIM with soft cotton clothes.
Enable the SIM Card
It’s time to verify network and SIM card configuration. Go to Settings > Mobile Network. Right under SIM Card Info And Settings, hit the SIM, and hit Toggle to enable it. Also, ensure that Data Roaming is enabled.
Turn ON and OFF Airplane Mode
Enabling the Airplane mode will refresh all the networks and service settings. For that, swipe down the Notification Panel> search for the Airplane Mode Icon and hit on it to enable. Wait for few seconds and disable it. After that see if SIM not detecting on Android device is fixed or not.
Soft Reset Your Device
It’s super simple but effective because it can fix any type of bug in the device. To perform, press the Volume Low Button and the Power Button simultaneously. Continue pressing it for 10 seconds, and the device will restart. In a normal scenario, No SIM error will be fixed when the device boot up.
Switch between Network Modes
Samsung S21 no SIM Card detected could also occur due to incorrect Network Mode. This is a setting where you can choose between Network Modes (5G/LTE/3G/2G) or go Automatic, the device will automatically choose the best network mode for you. If it is already set to Automatically, then set network mode manually.
- Go to Settings
- Tap Connections.
- Select Mobile networks.
- Select Network mode.
- Choose between Network Modes.
Enter APN Settings Manually
In a layman’s word, APN settings provide the details needed for the phone to connect to wireless services. If incorrect APN settings are made, the phone won’t be able to connect to a wireless network and hence, Samsung S21 will show no SIM.
For APN Settings, I’m afraid we can’t do much for you. You’ll have to contact the Service Provider and verify the APN Settings from them. Though, here’s how to find APN Settings.
- Go to the Settings
- Select Connections.
- Tap Mobile networks.
- Select Access Point Names.
- Now you can add APN Settings.
Reset Network Settings
Resetting the network settings will bring back the device settings to default. In normal words, you have to re-enter the Wi-Fi password. But this handy workaround will fix the Samsung S21 SIM card not working issue. For that, follow the given below steps.
- From the main screen, swipe up to access App Tray.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Go to General Management.
Tap Reset > Reset Network Settings > Reset Settings. Perform Factory Reset
The problem can be fixed by now. But if this is not the case, the last option you have to do is perform a factory reset. Ensure to back up all the data stored in the device. This workaround will take a bit, but it can solve a problem and bring back the device to default.
- Head to Settings.
- Go to General Management.
- Tap Reset>Factory Data Reset.
- Lastly, hit Reset.
Go Safe Mode
SIM Card Keeps Disconnecting on Samsung S21? The network services are hampered due to some minor software glitches that might be happening due to third-party applications. The easiest way to get rid of all third-party apps temporarily is by enabling the Safe Mode. Don’t worry, it will not delete any third-party applications or personal data, and once you disable Safe mode, everything will go back to normal.
- Press and hold the Power Off button until the Power Off menu appears.
- Touch and hold Power Off
- Select Safe mode.
- To exit Safe mode, restart the phone.
Wipe cache partition
This Cache data is stored in the Internal Storage of your phone.
- Connect your phone to your Laptop/Computer via USB Cable before proceeding.
- Power Off the phone, press and hold the side button and select Power Off.
- Press and hold Volume Up button and Side button until the Samsung logo appears.
- Use the Volume Down button to navigate to the Wipe cache partition option and press the Power button to initiate the wipe cache partition.
- Best Cases for Samsung S21, S21Plus, S21Ultra
- Best Headphones for Samsung S21, S21Plus, S21Ultra
- Top Selfie Tripods for Samsung S21, S21Plus, S21Ultra