Table of Contents Show
The Quick Settings panel is a pretty neat feature that allows you to instantly offer access to the essential features and control of your device. You can instantly access the connectivity features, dark mode feature and even adjust the brightness of flagship, among many other nitty-gritty aspects.
Since it’s one of the essential features, it can be a real bummer when quick settings is missing on your Samsung Galaxy Phone. Below, we’ll walk you through troubleshooting tips to fix the issue and bring back working normally.
Solution#1. Restart your Phone
Restarting your Samsung Galaxy Phone is one of the effective solutions for fixing temporary bugs causing quick settings missing. To do so, press and hold the Power Button until the Power-Off menu appears and tap on Green Restart Icon. Once the device restart, check for the issue.
Solution#2. Try manually adding Quick Settings Buttons
On a Samsung Galaxy phone, you can modify the quick settings panel by removing and adding. In case you have accidentally remove icon from quick panel, you handily add them by following the steps below.
- Swipe down from the top of the device screen to completely access quick settings.
- Select Three-Vertical dots at the right top corner and choose Edit Button from menu.
- Right in the Available Buttons, press and hold a button and then gently drag into panel.
- To save, tap Done.
Solution#3. Switch to Default Theme
Unlike other Android flagships, the Samsung Galaxy Phone allows customizing the theme to change the look and feel of the device. However, in rare case, applying those custom themes can cause quick settings disappearing. In this scenario, switching back to the default theme can resolve quick panel disappears issue. To do so, follow the steps below.
- On your Samsung Galaxy Phone home screen, tap and hold on the empty spot and then select Themes.
- Hit the Menu Icon aka Three Horizontal Lines at the bottom corner and then tap on My Stuff.
- Atlast, pickup the Default theme and select Apply.
Solution#4. Disable Accessibility Menu
Yes, Samsung Galaxy devices offer a variety of accessibility features that make it handy for users with specific disabilities who are unable to interact with phones. However, these features can hinder the UI of the flagship and eventually lead to quick settings not working. In this scenario, try turning off this accessibility setting and restoring it to default. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Head to the Settings App on your Samsung Galaxy Phone.
- Select Accessibility and then tap on Installed Apps.
- Choose Accessibility Menu and turn off switch next to Accessibility Menu Shortcut.
Solution#5. Disable Developer Options
Another possible reason why Quick Settings not working or disappear is due to sudden tweak to Developer Options on your Samsung Galaxy Phone. All you need to do is turn off Developer Options.
- Go to the Settings App on your Samsung Galaxy Phone.
- Scroll down and select Developer Options.
- On the next screen, disable toggle next to ON.
Solution#6. Ignore usign 3 button navigation layout
Various users across the forums reported that issue appeared right after switching to the classic-3 button navigation layout on their Samsung Galaxy Phone. If that’s the reason, switching to gesture navigation will work wonders.
- Access the Settings app on your Samsung Galaxy Phone.
- Swipe down and tap on Display.
- Select Navigation bar and choose Swipe Gestures from the following screen.
Solution#7. Change the Default Launcher App
If you are presently using the Launcher App on your Samsung Galaxy Phone, then it could cause the Quick Settings to stop working on your flagship. All you need to do is switch to default launcher app and check if it works or not.
- Access Settings App on your Phone.
- Swipe down and select Apps.
- Hit on Choose Defaults Apps.
- Tap on Home App and choose the default option.
Solution#8. Update to latest Operating System
Last but not least, buggy or outdated could also give such issue. Thus, it’s best check whether your device is updated to the latest operating system. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Head to Settings App on your phone.
- Scroll down and select Software Update.
- Tap on Download And Install to check for updates. If available, install immediately.
Fix Quick Settings Missing!
The Quick settings panel on your Samsung Galaxy phone allows you to do tasks quickly. But if it’s not working, it’s a nerve-racking situation. Luckily, any of the above-mentioned solutions in the article can help you to fix the issue. If it continues, try contacting the Samsung Support.