Out of nowhere, Instagram released a new feature called Instagram Reels, that I think no one has ever thought of. After the controversies with the extremely hyped TikTok App, Instagram is now in action, taking advantage of it. Instead of downloading separate apps like TikTok, you could give a try to Instagram Reels already integrated with the Instagram app, all you need is to update the Instagram app to use the Reels. We’ve seen many people have reported that Instagram Reels Not Showing Up or Instagram Reels Not Working and how to use Instagram Reels.
This article explains, the common issues with the Instagram Reels, and how to fix it. Also, if you can’t use the Instagram Reels, continue to read the article to the end.
Instagram Reels Not Working On My Phone
Best Tips to Create Instagram Reels
Before troubleshooting the Instagram, determine the steps to make the Instagram Reels, if that’s what you are following, but unable to make Instagram Reels, then move to the troubleshooting section.
- Launch the Instagram App on your phone.
- Tap on Your Story.
- Swipe the options to Reels.
- Tap on the Music symbol to choose the background song. BROWSE or select from FOR YOU.
- Once you select the background track to use with Instagram Reels, you’ll be asked to adjust your favorite portion of the song, drag the slider and tap Done.
- If you want to record your own voice then skip choosing the Background song, directly tap on the Record button to start recording.
- Under the Music option, there is a play/pause type of symbol, through which you can control the Speed of Instagram Reels. Choose from five different options.
- Next up, is if you desire to add Effects to the Reels, then tap on the Effects icon.
- Lastly, you’ll see a Timer for the Instagram Reels. Increase/Decrease the Timer for Instagram Reels.
- After creating the Reels, share it with your friends, followers, or anyone on Instagram.
Verify Instagram Reels
If your account is actively supporting the Instagram Reels, then then you might be going the wrong way to use the Instagram Reels, prefer the above section to learn how to use Instagram Reels.
To verify, open the Instagram app, open the Explore section and see if you can see the Reels of others in the explore, if the Instagram Reels shows up, then move back to the above section and follow the steps to make Reels on Instagram.
Update the Instagram App
To access the newest features introduced by the developers, you need to update the app to the latest version, same goes for the Instagram App. If you haven’t updated the Instagram App to the latest version yet, in that case, Instagram Reels will not show up.
- Open the Google Play Store or App Store, depending upon the phone, search the Instagram App and tap Update.
Enroll in Beta
As of now, Instagram Reels isn’t rolled out to all the regions, but if you want to use it, become a beta tester for Instagram. Keep note that the betas are full of bugs and glitches, if you don’t want to deal with the errors, then wait until the Instagram officially releases the update in your region.
- Go to the Google Play Store.
- Search Instagram
- Scroll down and tap Join under Join the beta.
Sign Out & Sign In to Instagram Account
Alternatively, you could fix the account-related issues by signing out of the Instagram account and sign in again. Apps like Instagram depends on Account Credentials, password, and username. If in case the app has interpreted incorrectly, then certain features won’t work on the app.
To get rid of it, sign out and sign in to the Instagram account. Plus, if you have more than one account then switch the Instagram account and try making Instagram Reels on different accounts, to verify whether the app is causing the issue or your account.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Tap on profile.
- Tap on the hamburger menu on the top-right side.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end and hit Log out.
Delete & Reinstall Instagram App
Often while updating or installing the applications, a bug can hit your device and prevent major features of the application. The simplest way to fix this is to delete the app and reinstall it. Reinstalling the app will automatically download the latest version.
- Go to Settings App.
- Tap Apps.
- Find Instagram.
- Delete it.
Tap on the Google Play Store Instagram Link to reinstall it.
Wait Until the Instagram Reels Come to Your Region
In the end, you can’t do anything but wait for the next Instagram update. Keep the Instagram App up to date, and every time check for the Instagram Reels from the My Story section.