Table of Contents Show
If you have switched from Android to iPhone, Gmail is definitely your first priority, no matter what. Gmail not working on iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro Max is quite a commonly encountered problem among netizens, and there’s nothing to worry about, we’ll surely get this resolved. You might be not able to log in to Gmail or Google is preventing you from considering as a suspicious login attempt, or the internet connection is not working or there can be several reasons behind it.
We’ll check every possibility of why iPhone 14 Gmail not working, I’ve put down the best workaround to fix the issue. Continue to read.
Fix Gmail Not Working on iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro Max
Check Gmail Server Status
Before further troubleshooting, ensure that there’s no outage with Gmail Servers, they up and running. There’s a dedicated page by name Google Workspace Status Dashboard, where you can find the server status of all Google Apps and Programs quickly.
Force Close Gmail and Restart iPhone
Close all the background running apps on iPhone and force restart the iPhone.
- Press and quickly release Volume Up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold Side button until Apple logo displays.
Verify Device Activity
Google has put and putting all its efforts to make Gmail secure from people who are keeping eye on your personal emails and data. To make it easy for us, they have given us the control to check and view the device activity related to our Gmail account.
Any wrongdoing detected by Google can put your Gmail account on hold to secure the account. You can check the Device Activity and if there are no irregularities, select Yes, it was me to start receiving mails in your Gmail.
- Visit the Gmail Account Security in the browser, either on iPhone Safari or on Computer.
- Go to the Security tab > review security events.
- Now you should see the activity with the device name, location, and time when you tried to sign in.
- And select ‘Yes, it was me’.
- Wait for some time and refresh the Gmail Inbox, the issue might be fixed.
Whenever any suspicious attempt has been made to your Gmail Account, Google prevents that attempt and won’t let anyone to sign in, at the same time, it shoots an email to the recovery email added by you regarding the same suspicious activity.
Check for that mail if you can access the Inbox from another device or computer go to the Security section and select review your device now.
Perform CAPTCHA reset
When Google prevents you to give access to your Gmail Account, but you think that everything is right, then visit the CAPTCHA RESET LINK, a direct link where you can reset the captcha and try to recover the account without any issue.
Make Sure IMAP is Enabled
If you’re using the same Gmail account with multiple devices, the IMAP for Gmail must be enabled for the particular account.
- Visit the Gmail Page on web browser like Safari, Chrome or on PC.
- Turn the Mobile View to Desktop View, if you’re using iPhone, scroll down the page to end and select Desktop View.
- Select ‘I’d like to use HTML Gmail’.
- Tap Settings on the top.
- Select Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Enable IMAP and Save Changes.
- Now you can retry signing to Gmail App.
Ensure VPN is Disabled
Internet connectivity is a must if you want to use the Gmail App to receive emails on your iPhone seamlessly. Moreover, any unapproved or free VPN app could stop emails in your Gmail Inbox. To rule out these possibilities, switch to another connection, as well as disable VPN.
If you’re using Cellular Data then switch to Wi-Fi or vice versa. Besides, go check this, open Settings > Cellular Data/Mobile Data > make sure Cellular Data is enabled for Gmail.
Check iPhone Content & Restrictions
When Screen Time Restrictions are enabled for Mail App, there’s no chance you receive the mails or any updates from Gmail.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap Screen Time.
- If Screen Time is already disabled, jump to next workaround.
- Select Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Tap Allowed Apps.
- Ensure Mail App is enabled.
Update iPhone and Mail App
In addition to all the troubleshooting that we have tried so far, we cannot miss checking for the updates of the iPhone and Mail App. An outdated app and firmware create asymmetry between the system and app, that’s the only reason why experts recommend keeping the iPhone and Apps up to date.
To update the Mail App,
- Open the App Store or long-press the Mail app and select Update.
- Look for the Mail App and select Update.
To update iPhone,
Go to the Settings app > General > Software Update.
Delete and Re-Add Gmail Account
Is there any issue with your Gmail Account? Have you checked whether the Gmail Account is working on other device or on PC? Is yes, but Gmail not working on iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14, its time to remove and add the Gmail Account.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap Mail App.
- Select Accounts.
- Select Gmail.
- Tap Delete Account.
- Tap Delete from My iPhone.
- Restart the device.
- Thereafter you can add the Gmail Account referring to the same steps.
Reset All Settings
Let’s reset all settings of iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14. Don’t worry, it won’t delete your personal data like contacts, images, videos, apps, but it will restore all the customized settings to factory defaults.
Reset All Settings includes network settings, the keyboard dictionary, privacy settings, Apple Pay cards, and location settings.
- Navigate to the Settings app.
- Tap General > Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Tap Reset > Reset All Settings.
- Confirm Reset.
Gmail Not Working on iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14
Restart iPhone and check if Gmail is working or not, furthermore, make sure your iPhone is connected to internet connection.
Why is my Gmail not receiving emails iPhone?
Are you receiving emails on other devices but not only on iPhone? Make sure iPhone is not under suspicious device. Check Gmail account activity as mentioned in this article.