Table of Contents Show
- Fix Galaxy Buds Live/Plus/Pro Ambient Sound Not Working
Ambient sound not working during calls or Ambient sound not working on Galaxy Buds+, Galaxy Buds Live, or Samsung Buds? This tutorial will show you how to fix Ambient Sound Not Working on Galaxy Buds. Often, many users experienced and complained about the ambient sound issues on Samsung Buds, and the most workable solution is updating the Galaxy Buds, Wearable App, and Samsung Phone.
Check the Samsung Buds compatibility, how to set up, and also we would recommend you to re-connect the Buds with the device. Here’s how to fix Galaxy Buds Ambient Sound, Not Working.
Fix Galaxy Buds Live/Plus/Pro Ambient Sound Not Working
Ambient Sound Compatible with Samsung Buds? Yes
Yes, Ambient Sound is compatible with Samsung Buds+, Samsung Buds Live, Samsung Buds Pro. However, the Galaxy Buds Live doesn’t have Ambient Sound settings like Samsung Galaxy Buds, but it has Active Noise Canceling that works the same way. While concerning Galaxy Buds+, ambient sound only works when Buds+ are connected to the device via Galaxy wearables app and on iPhone 7 or later running iOS 10 or newer.
Setup Touchpad to Enable and Disable Ambient Mode
With a single tap, you can control the Ambient Sound on Galaxy Buds, but it needs to be set up.
- Navigate to the Galaxy Wearables
- Find and tap on Touchpad.
- Under Touch and hold touchpad, select Left or Right.
- Select Ambient Sound.
- Now as per your preference, you can touch and hold the Left or Right touchpad to control ambient sound.
Disable and Enable Ambient Sound on Galaxy Buds
Let’s start troubleshooting the Galaxy Buds Ambient Sound not working with disabling and re-enabling it from the Galaxy Wearables App. It may have disabled by mistake or due to a system bug. Kindly check and re-enable it.
- Open the Galaxy Wearables App on your Samsung phone to which Galaxy Buds are paired.
- Toggle Ambient sound button two-three times.
- Next, set the Ambience sound level by dragging the Ambient sound slider.
Disconnect and Reconnect Samsung Buds
Not sure why Ambient Sound not working on your Galaxy Buds Plus, Live or any Galaxy Buds, though disconnecting it from the device and reconnecting it could fix the problem. There is no harm in doing so, and it will take few minutes to do it.
- Open the Settings App.
- Go to Bluetooth.
- Tap on the Galaxy Buds.
- And select Unpair.
Later, pair the Galaxy Buds with the phone.
Did you see any other users complaining about the Ambient Sound not working during calls or normally? Who knows the feature is facing some serious issues and Samsung has pushed a new update to fix the problem. Without wasting much time, kindly, update the Phone as well as the Galaxy Buds. Sometimes, by updating the Buds can resolve such errors. Also, note that the phone is connected to the Wi-Fi and then proceed further.
To Update Galaxy Buds,
- Make sure the Galaxy Buds are connected to the phone.
- Now, go to the Galaxy Wearables
- Swipe and select Earbuds software update.
- Hit Download and install and update the Buds manually.
To Update the Device,
- Open the Settings
- Search software update.
- Download and install the software update.
Reset Galaxy Buds
Still Ambient Sound didn’t work for you? It’s time to reset the Galaxy Buds. Resetting the Buds comes at the end, when none of the solutions gives positive results, since you’re experiencing issues with Ambient sound, here’s how to reset Samsung Buds.
- Go to the Galaxy Wearables App.
- Scroll down and tap on About Earbuds.
- Select Reset earbuds.
- Confirm Reset.
Ambient Sound Not Working During Calls? Fix
Tones of Galaxy Buds users have reported that the Ambient sound not working during calls; however, to use Ambient sound while calling, make sure the feature is enabled from the Galaxy Wearables app and also check it is correctly set up.
- Open Galaxy Wearables App.
- Turn on Ambient Sound
- Select Advanced.
- Toggle On Ambient Sound During Calls.
These are the only settings to be determined while your Ambient sound does not work during calls on any Samsung Buds. And if it is on, but still not working, then try resetting the Buds and updating to the latest firmware as mentioned above.