Table of Contents Show
Samsung added a new member to its Flip Family with an improved processor, better hinge, and significantly larger cover screen. A more powerful camera and accessibility features make this device stand out differently than any other similar phones like motorola razr+. The best bet of Samsung on the Z Flip 5 is its large cover screen and its upgraded features.
Seeing the hype of the cover screen, we couldn’t stop ourselves to explore its features, and we would love to share the best Galaxy Z Flip 5 Cover Screen Tips and Tricks right away in this article. Continue to read and get the best out of the cover screen.
Get Galaxy Flip5 Clear Gadget Case
With this amazing Clear Gadget Case, you can really get the most out of it, be it protector or for convenience, this case has got you covered. It features detachable accessories that comes pretty handy to use the device hands-free while streaming shows or playing games. Plus, with ultimate transparency, you can definitely show off the eye-catching color and design of the phone.
Set Live Wallpaper on Cover Screen
Imagine an animated Wallpaper on Cover Screen, how awesome it will look. No matter, whether you’re a fan of Anime or any other Sci-Fi Character, I suggest you must try this. There are various websites available which can give you access to Videos and Images of your favorite characters, go and download them.
Once you have those saved, here’s how to set Wallpaper or Live Wallpaper on Cover Screen.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Scroll down to Cover Screen.
- Tap Add New.
- Tap Gallery.
- Now, you can choose any video of up to 15 seconds. If the video is more than 15 seconds, then use the default editor and use Trim option to minimize it to 15 seconds.
- Tap Done and flip the phone to verify whether the Wallpaper is live or not.
Customize What to Show on Cover Screen
- Go to Settings app.
- Navigate to the Cover Screen.
- Tap on the Wallpaper which is set.
- Change Clock Type: Up next, tap on Clock and there you will see different types of Clocks, choose one and customize its size, color, etc. Once done with editing, tap Done.
- Change App: Also, you can change the app to show on Cover Screen, by default, Camera is the app you will see. Tap on that app icon and choose from varieties of apps like Alarm, Weather, Flashlight, etc.
- Modify Frame: The wallpaper can be framed differently, select Frame option and choose from multiple frames.
- Happy with the changes? Tap Done to save it.
How to Launch App on Galaxy Z Flip5?
By default, Galaxy Z Flip4 supports only Maps, Messages, Netflix, and YouTube App to launch from the screen cover, however, we have got you a workaround that opens an ocean of opportunities to launch any app from the screen cover on Samsung Flip 5.
- Download the Good Lock App from Samsung Galaxy Store.
- Launch the Good Lock App.
- Select Life Up tab.
- Download the MultiStar.
- Select I Love Galaxy Foldable.
- Select Launcher Widget > Enable Launcher Widget.
- Tap on Launcher Widget.
- Now you can choose multiple apps that you wish to launch from Cover Screen of Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5.
Play Games on Cover Screen
Small screen but entertaining. You can play any game on the Cover Screen of the Samsung Flip 5, whether it’s Call of Duty, PUBG, or any other game, go get playing. Moreover, it will save a huge battery, since you’re only using half a screen for gaming.
Continue Using Apps from Cover Screen to Main Screen
Surprisingly, whichever app you’re using on the cover screen can be continued to the main screen by just opening the flip phone. Whether you’re playing a game, or scrolling Instagram, or anything, just open the Flip phone, and you can continue the same on the big screen. However, it cannot be done vice versa, meaning you cannot close the phone and continue on the cover screen. On the cover screen, the app needs to be launched manually.
Accessing Widgets on Android has never been easier earlier, now you can quickly get the notifications and other important details right from the cover screen without opening the phone.
There are two ways to customize the Widgets.
- Unlock the phone from cover screen.
- Touch and hold anywhere on the screen.
- Now, swipe left to see the widgets, and tap Plus to add a new widget or tap on Minus to remove the existing widget.
Now things can be managed in a better way by using the Settings app to customize the Widget.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap Cover Screen.
- Select Widget option.
- Now, enable or disable the app that you want to keep or remove from the Widgets.
- At the same time, you can reorder the sequence of Widgets tap on Reorder on the upper-right screen and from there, you can reorder the widgets.
Screen Recorder on Cover Screen
Screen Recorder comes very handy, and Galaxy Z Flip 5 gives quick access to the screen recording feature right from the Cover Screen. Simply pull down the Notification panel and tap on the Screen Recording button to start recording anything on the screen.
Access Flash Light from Cover Screen
So when you’re accessing Cover Screen features, the Camera is right in front of you, and it might hurt the eyes on tapping on the Torch button from the notifications center. To prevent this, Samsung has added one more step to turn on the Flash Light.
- Scroll down the Notifications bar and tap on Torch.
- Now, press the Side button to start the Flash Light.