Since Samsung has declared Bixby, on its board from Galaxy S8, users are questioning how do I disable Bixby in Samsung Galaxy S8, S9, and S10 and forgot the button ever present in that place. With S9 and Note 9, that question has become louder and same with Galaxy S10, a whole new group of the users is asking to disable Bixby on Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus, S10, and S10e.
Although we cannot do anything about hardware, changes can be made in software to get rid of Bixby in S10. Eventually, Samsung allows you to customize the Bixby button care to look for better performance.
Can I Disable Bixby button on Samsung S10, S10 Plus, and S10e?
Why do you want to disable Bixby? One biggest problem with Bixby button is its position; the button is right side on the bottom of the volume button and slightly opposites to the power button. The phone like Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus are bigger in size, which leads us to unexpected presses and unintentionally Bixby begins, it occurs especially when double pressing of the power button to run the camera.
How to disable Bixby Button on Samsung Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, and S10e?
- First of all, sign-in to your Samsung Account.
- Swipe the device screen to the right side or you can press the Bixby.
- Move to the next screen.
- If you already have a Samsung account then login or create a new account.
- Tap Not Now, when you see “Use Your Biometrics”.
- Tap on Next arrow.
- Read the Terms and Conditions and tap next.
- Again you have to tap on the next arrow twice to complete the process.
- You have successfully completed the login process and now you can disable Bixby button on S10 Plus, S10, and S10e.
Disable Bixby Home from the Home screen of S10, S10 Plus, and S10e
- Press and hold on the home screen until you see multiple options.
- Swipe the screen to the right to bring Bixby Home.
- Turn off Bixby Home.
This is it! From now on you don’t have to face Bixby button on Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus or S10 or S10e. Enjoy Bixby free S10.
Alternatively, you can Remap Bixby button in S10 Plus, S10, and S10e,
- Open the Settings app in your device.
- Go to Advanced Features.
- Select Bixby Key.
- Tap on Double press to open Bixby.
Meanwhile, there is one more way through which you can completely disable the Samsung Bixby button on S10, S10 Plus, and S10e by using the bxActions app.
How to remap Bixby button on Samsung S10, S10 Plus, and S10e?
All Samsung phones users using one UI are based on Android Pie, which is updated to Bixby 2.0, the version announced with a bundle of new features. However, it also abolishes the ability to disable Bixby button entirely on S10 Plus, S10 and S10e though there is still some exception.
Unfortunately, One UI doesn’t allow you to completely disable Bixby button on S10 but yes you can redesign Bixby button on S10 Plus. Learn how to remap the Bixby button on Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus, S10, and S10e.