Table of Contents Show
I’m sure when you have heard about Android 10 and One UI 2 release, your head would have struck with will my Samsung Note 9 will get Android 10 update? That’s not a big deal, everyone wants something new after spending thousands of bucks over a smartphone. I’m glad to tell, that your Samsung Note 9 will support Android 10 and One UI 2 update, think of it as a new year surprise from Samsung to Note 9 users. After releasing Android 10 and One UI 2 beta update for S10 and Note 10 flagship, Note 9 is the first one to get the latest Android 10 update.
Samsung is only allowing Android 10 and One UI 2 beta in certain regions, and those who have registered for beta trial on Samsung Members app got their first hands-on beta. For the users who didn’t get Android 10 update on Note 9 and have certain queries then continue to read the post.
Can I get Android Q to my Samsung Note 9?
Yes, Samsung is giving support for Android 10 and Note 9 users to download and enjoy the latest Android 10 and One UI 2 update.
When is Android Q coming to Note 9?
The Android Q has been made available in several countries including India, South Korea, the US and more. If you are willing to install the beta version, then wait and check later for Android 10 and One UI 2 beta on Note 9.
Why my Samsung Note 9 won’t install Android 10 and One UI 2?
Trick 1: Manually Update the Phone
If you are not receiving the latest Android 10 update on Note 9, then make sure to run the carrier from where you have purchased the device. For instance, if you have purchased the Note 9 from Verizon, and even if it is unlocked, in that case, use the Verizon SIM card in Note 9. This will make quick for carrier’s update server as well as for your device to update to the latest android firmware.
How do I manually update my Note 9?
Your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 should be linked with Wi-Fi to receive the latest Android 10 update.
- Ensure that your note 9 is completely charged and linked to Wi-Fi.
- Access the Notification Panel.
- Hit Settings.
- Search and tap Software Update, then analysis the update.
- Follow the instructions to download the updates.
- Note 9 will restart on its own when a software update is completed.
If the above steps fail to install the updates then clear all the data to make as much as space is possible. And ensure that your device has sufficient space.
- Delete the internal cache data.
- Uninstall big size applications.
- Clear the storage of Google photos.
- Create a backup of data on the PC.
Trick 2: Soft Reset the Note 9
Another worth trying workaround is to restart the device, due to excessive load on the server, often Note 9 stuck on update and won’t install updates. Here’s the quick way to restart Note 9,
How to perform the soft reset on Note 9?
- Hold the Power + Volume Low Keys for a couple of seconds.
- Wait until Note 9 finishes restarting.
After completion of soft reset try to update the device manually.
Trick 3: Update the device using Smart Switch
A smart switch is a software that helps you operate the Samsung devices right from your PC. Earlier we were trying installing Android 10 update OTA, whereas using this software, it will download the update in the computer and later install on your device.
How to update Samsung Phone using Smart Switch?
- Install the Smart switch of mac OS or Microsoft OS from the official Samsung Smart Switch website.
- Access the Smart Switch on your PC and link your device using a USB cable.
- To give access to files, hit Allow on Note 9.
- After a couple of minutes, your device will recognize Smart switch and you will appear with multiple options on the home screen for restoring. There no need to create a backup to update.
- When you plug in software check is initiated. It will list out the present software information. If there any update present it will alarm on the main screen.
- If there is an update available, tap the update to download.
- Initially, it will download the latest firmware to a computer, then install it on Note 9.
Trick 4: Wipe Cache Partition
The supportive files of the app will be gathered in the internal storage of the device. These cache data will help the device to load the app fast. When this cache gets damaged then it will generate some problem in the device.
How to wipe cache partition on Note 9?
- Switch off the Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
- Press the Volume High + Home Keys, then hold the Power Button. When the device name is featured, let out the Power button.
- Press the Volume Low Button for many times to feature “Wipe Cache Partition”.
- Use the Power Button to select the given options.
- Hold the Volume Low Button to feature “YES” and hold the Power Button to select.
- “Reboot System Now” is featured.
- To restart the device press the Power Button.
Trick 5: Factory Reset
Performing the factory will bring back the device to default shape. If you don’t know then follow the given below steps
Note: You need to back-up all the important data stored in a device.
How to factory reset Note 9?
- Navigate Settings.
- Swipe and tap General Management.
- Touch Reset.
- Touch Factory Data Reset from the options.
- Select Reset.
- Tap Delete All.