WhatsApp was closed automatically because it was causing your phone to overheat, is this an error message you’re receiving on your Samsung phone? While the phone overheats and this pop-up continues to show up, you can’t use WhatsApp, until the device cools down. Your immediate action upon receiving overheating pop-up should be removing the case cover from the phone, this will really help the phone to cool fast.
While this is a much-appreciated feature because when the device overheats and we continue to use the apps and programs, it can be dangerous for users. So, if you feel like this error is randomly popping up and won’t let you use apps, then here’s what you can do.
Fix WhatsApp Overheating Phone
Let the Phone Cool Off
You may observe that the device is really hot, and that’s why WhatsApp was closed automatically on Samsung phone. There’s nothing we can do until the device cools off, however, close all the background running apps and uncover the phone, remove all the accessories as well as Case Cover, it will help you.
Update WhatsApp and Device
Is your device still overheating? It should not if you’ve force close all the apps and stop using the phone for few minutes. Another workaround is to update WhatsApp and the Device itself. Samsung overheating issues are quite normal, though, you can get rid of it by updating the apps and firmware. Connect the device to Wi-Fi and proceed.
To Update Apps:
- Open Google Play.
- Tap on three bars in the top-left corner.
- Tap My apps and games.
- Update All the apps from there.
To Update Device:
- Go to Settings App.
- Search Software Update.
- Download and Install Updates if available.
Clear WhatsApp Cache
Not all the time your phone is responsible for these overheating issues, the Malware could also make adversely affect the system and causes such problems on the go. Though, in that case, we would recommend you delete the WhatsApp Cache. Don’t worry, it won’t delete any personal data or WhatsApp chats.
- Go to the Settings App.
- Tap Apps.
- Search and tap on WhatsApp.
- Tap Storage.
- Select Clear cache.
Wipe cache partition
Still, if the Samsung S21 or any other Android phone is overheating, you can wipe the cache partition. This will remove the cache system-wide.
- Turn Off your device. Press the Power button and select POWER OFF.
- Note: If your device is running Android 11 or newer, connect the phone to a PC or Laptop via USB Cable and then proceed with the below steps, once the computer detects your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up button and Power button until Recovery Mode appears.
- Use Volume keys to navigate to the Wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power button to select Wipe cache partition.
- Confirm Yes to Wipe cache partition.
WhatsApp was closed automatically because it was causing your phone to overheat, if it keeps showing periodically, it’s time to delete and reinstall the WhatsApp. Since WhatsApp is only app overheating the phone, you must do this.
Back up the WhatsApp Chats and then delete it. Later open Google Play and install WhatsApp.
- Best Battery Saving Tips and Tricks for Samsung S21, S21Ultra, S21Plus
- Best Fast Powerbanks for Samsung Phones
- How to Change Samsung Watch Face: Download and Try New Watch Faces